Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Now I want a donut, and I've already eaten my weight in cookies! (OK, not quite, but it feels like it). And they weren't even Oreos @Carlos_421

But were they at least chocolate chip?

I had four chocolate chip and two double stuff fudgeeo

#worthit
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Some of the best doughnut places in Washington, D.C. are Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken t4uug2zqvvxo.jpeg
    Sugar Shack
    yxeobxj2lmkp.jpeg
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    Okay excluding some local bakeries we enjoy Big Daddy's Donuts here in Pittsburgh and a cute little shop with several locations Peace Love and Little Donuts. Mmmm so good.
    getxfpqewnzw.jpeg

That one in the upper left - is it German Chocolate???
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Some of the best doughnut places in Washington, D.C. are Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken t4uug2zqvvxo.jpeg
    You have no idea how much I want that chicken donut sandwich.

• babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    You have no idea how much I want that chicken donut sandwich.

I've had it before. It's worth every calorie.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Now I want a donut, and I've already eaten my weight in cookies! (OK, not quite, but it feels like it). And they weren't even Oreos @Carlos_421

But were they at least chocolate chip?

I had four chocolate chip and two double stuff fudgeeo

#worthit

It was, I just had some veggies in penance. Donuts tomorrow... This thread... *drool*

And yes, more pics. I don't know what breed these are, but I want:

0nh2zjn8z9ag.jpg
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Okay excluding some local bakeries we enjoy Big Daddy's Donuts here in Pittsburgh and a cute little shop with several locations Peace Love and Little Donuts. Mmmm so good.
    getxfpqewnzw.jpeg

@scastor27

Not familiar with Big Daddy's? Where are they located?

LOVE LOVE LOVE Peace Love and Little Donuts. Expensive but well worth it.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Peace Love and Little Donuts in Pittsburgh! Can't beat the Reese Pieces or Chocolate Chip donuts! bngil4cfmt9o.jpeg

@navychickpensfan

My Funkadelic favorite is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme is inedible. Why anyone would eat those disgusting things is beyond me.

The best places are always the unassuming mom and pop shops in a strip mall. My fave donut is chocolate glaze with custard filling. Custard has to be cold. There was a place down the road from me in Burbank called Donut Prince, which is my all time fave donut shop. Too bad I've moved away... Haven't found a great new place in San Diego yet

Not exactly in San Diego, but try Peterson's Donut Corner in Escondido sometime. We used to call it "The Mutant Shop" because the donuts are absolutely huge (mutants).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,848 Member
    Options
    The best donuts are Tim Horton's donuts.

All the others are ... just ... simply ... not Tim Horton's donuts.

Thankfully, I'm half a world away from Tim Horton's donuts in Australia where they do not do donuts at all well. The donuts here aren't even remotely tempting.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ph1nWQI.jpg
    o.jpg

Okay, this place is called Hugs and Donuts. The first picture is what my sister picked up, the Nutella donut and Fruity Pebble donut. The second picture is their stock on Yelp. I just ordered the blueberry donut because I was craving a blueberry muffin.

Do you ever see something that you want so bad that it gives you an inexplicably aggressive attitude? It's a weird thing but it is happening to me on this thread with all these pics.

BTW people please post the city names! We're from all over the world here and let's represent our local places!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot about Crazy Good Donuts and Ice Cream in Virginia Beach. Made fresh to order with all sorts of crazy toppings/icing options.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Last Friday I got this from the local grocery store for my son's 5th birthday. He said he didn't like the doughnut part so he ate fruit loops with frosting for breakfast that day... Oh well.

7b88pqqma9le.jpeg
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    getxfpqewnzw.jpeg

See that donut bottom right? The one with the mini marshmallows? Well that one's mine and I've licked it. OK?
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    sylkates wrote: »
    ph1nWQI.jpg
    o.jpg

Okay, this place is called Hugs and Donuts. The first picture is what my sister picked up, the Nutella donut and Fruity Pebble donut. The second picture is their stock on Yelp. I just ordered the blueberry donut because I was craving a blueberry muffin.

Do you ever see something that you want so bad that it gives you an inexplicably aggressive attitude? It's a weird thing but it is happening to me on this thread with all these pics.

BTW people please post the city names! We're from all over the world here and let's represent our local places!
    That's from Houston.

That birthday donut is adorable

• auddii
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ph1nWQI.jpg
    o.jpg

That's from Houston.

I have not heard of this place. Off to google and to weigh how much I enjoy sitting in traffic with how good those donuts look...

Oooh, they're in the heights. I'm all over that!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    ph1nWQI.jpg
    o.jpg

That's from Houston.

I have not heard of this place. Off to google and to weigh how much I enjoy sitting in traffic with how good those donuts look...
    It's next to Fat Cat Creamery if your interested.

It would have picked up something there instead but it was closed when we went. :#

• auddii
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    ph1nWQI.jpg
    o.jpg

That's from Houston.

It's next to Fat Cat Creamery if your interested.

It would have picked up something there instead but it was closed when we went. :#

So many places I need to try that I knew nothing about.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Around here is a place called duck donuts... They make a fresh right in front of you maple glazed donut sprinkled with real bacon bits. Sounds awful but the sweet salty combo is delicious.

Yep. I had half of a maple bacon Duck donut this morning for breakfast. A rare treat!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'm not a Krispy Kreme person -- was very disappointed in them and did not see the appeal -- but I've never had them hot.

Then you haven't really tried a Krispy Kreme donut. ;)

Exactly. A hot Krispy Kreme defies description. :p