"H20" Exploding the pounds - 10 Week Challenge - Week 7 & 8

Options

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Ok, Pink... that medal is AWESOME!!!! Makes me want to do it too!!!! I know what you mean, the mileage is daunting, but I'm training for my first. It's going well so far, so we'll see how I feel after the race! My friend and I are going to do the Run Abe 1/2 in Springfield Illinois next April if I can swing the time away from home. There's a cool medal involved in that one too, like a big penny!!!! Anyway, we'll see how the first one goes. She wanted to do it also because it's right in between our 40th birthday's! Mine's in April, hers in May!

Hope you feel less funky this week so you can back on track!!!!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    A giant penny for a medal?! Yeah, that rocks. I'm such a sucker for cool medals. And here's the thing, after I do the Tinker Bell half, I'll want to do a WDW half, so I can earn the Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal.

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/about/coast-to-coast-race-challenge

I'm feeling pretty much normal now, thanks. :) Making sure to keep my water bottle close at hand.
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Oh, if only I had the money to do that!!!! How much fun! Not only do I love Disney, but I love both states as well... alas, this little girl from Michigan doesn't get to travel much. So I'll have to live vicariously through you!!!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Thankfully Disneyland is practically in my back yard and until recently I had an Annual Pass, the price keeps going up and is hard to justify now! I'm a total Disney geek and have only been to WDW once, in 2006. I really REALLY want to go back and hubby has never been...it is on our list of places to go, so here's hoping.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Im sorry for my absences over the weekend, and well lately.. Ive been soo busy. Saturday I did my first wedding.. EEK.. It wasnt fun and i have been taken advantage of through the entire thing. Im annoyed and ready to be done editing the pictures so i can be done with it. never doing it for that price again.. EVER
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    HELLO LADIES!! Home from vacation! Only gained about 1.5# - I was given a max of 5# gain so I'm feeling pretty good about it. Official weigh-in tonight with Slave Driver! Tons to do... laundry and cleaning... I came home to a disaster area that was my home!! Ugh.... Still, I had the best time ever in Ohio!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nikster - GREAT new profile picture. :smile:

Pink - :drinker: Don't forget to drink lots this week. Good luck with the exercising.

April - I'm sure the pictures are lovely. I'm sorry it didn't go so well.

Cazz - YAY for only 1.5# That is GREAT. I'm glad you had a good time.

I survived the weekend and the wedding.

Here's Hefty Betsy! :laugh: :laugh:

IMG_7913-1.jpg

The dress was floor length. I just hate those little jacket things and I think *for me* they look SO unattractive, but oh well. It wasn't about me and the bride liked the dresses, so that's all that matters. :wink:

The other poor brides maid was having a problem with her dress. Before the wedding even started, the dress came un-sewed on BOTH sides. :noway: And the other brides maid's dress ripped out in the back of the skirt and at the zipper, so the zipper was attached at the neck and down by her waist, but not in between. Poor things. I am SO thankful my dress stayed put. It was plenty big, so I wasn't stretching it or anything. :wink:

Anyway, busy week ahead, we have a family reunion out of state to go to. I've hit a platue and I'm SICK of it, but I don't think I'm going to stress until we get back. We'll be gone for 2 1/2 weeks. :grumble: I'll still check in though. :wink:

How are the rest of you doing????? Have you guys fallen off the wagon? We can't do that! We MUST keep going!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Pink - I LOVE the Tinker Bell medal and it REALLY makes me want to be able to run that half in the future. I won't be able to next January, but maybe something to shoot for for 2013! Wow, that sounds really far away when you see it written. I'm so envious of you having Disneyland in your backyard. I don't think we'll have money to get out there this summer (damn the driveway for being so expensive), but my husband really wants to take me eventually :)

You must do that half marathon to get that medal. It's so cute! I kind of want to make it my screensaver :smile: I'm glad you're feeling better, and staying hydrated is key. All the times I've felt crappy after they gym I realized I should have had more water. You can totally get back on track - just plan it like a meeting and get 'er done!

Nikster - That half marathon sounds great, and I like the "Abe" theme. You should totally try to take the time to run that marathon. I'm incredibly impressed that you've almost made the 150 miles too!!

April - It sucks that they took advantage of you at this wedding - I'm guessing they worked you to death and paid you next to nothing. That's terrible, but make sure you charge more next time! Your photos are valuable and you deserve to be paid fairly for you time, effort, and skills!

Cazz - great job with the minimal vacation gain! You're really on track and it shows by how well you do when you're "relaxed" about things and on vacation. Great job!

Crystal - It sounds like many of the bridesmaids had dresses from hell! I'm so glad yours didn't fall apart!

I'm over 100 miles, but not going to hit the 150 miles in time for next week. Learning how to run has brought my mileage down, because I'm walking/running shorter distances to build up my endurance. Regardless, I'm happy with my progress.

Reading your half marathon aspirations has me excited for my run this afternoon - Day 1 of week 5 in my C25K, and the run part jumps from 3 to 5 minutes - my longest continuous run part yet! I'll try to remember to go slow and keep breathing (not breathing didn't work out so well for me at the beginning of last week, but I did better by the end).
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    April, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your first wedding photography experience. :( I hope it doesn't deter you from continuing your photography career.

Cazz, welcome home!

Crystal, that dress is so pretty on you! I like lavender on you. What a shame that the other dresses were having such malfunctions! I agree, those little bolero jackets aren't always the prettiest, but your'e such a good bridesmaid to put up with the bride's desires. How fun that you've gota family reunion coming up!

Alegria, 2013 does seem far away, but I'm sure it will be here before we know it! You guys really must make it to Disneyland; have you never been before? I'm like, 75% sure that I want to do the race. I'm still kind of fishing to find a friend to do it with me, but maybe I should just do it myself. Have fun on your run today! I hear Dory's "just keep swiming" voice in my head when I say to you just keep breathing, just keep breathing...:laugh:

So...is it bad that I'm avoiding phone calls from the trainer? I had my session with him on Monday, then he called me on Thursday, and again just a few minutes ago - and I've sent his call to voicemail both times. I'd already told him I'm not interested in purchasing training sessions. I'm totally fine not going back and finishing up my introductory/complimentary training session. I know I'm biitching over something that really shouldn't be biitched over, but I joined that gym because I can do things independently and on my schedule. If I'm going to be getting "checked on" all the time (when there's still about two months beteween now and the opening of the gym) by this trainer-who-isn't-my-trainer, I might re-think my membership.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Yay! The girls are home!
    Missed all of you.

Crystal....that dress color is beautiful on you. I know what you mean about bridesmaid dresses..not always the best but I am also glad you didn't have a malfunctioning one.

Cazz....Welcome back from vacay! Glad to hear you had an absolutely wonderful time. A little tiny weight gain...you will lose that in a minute!

Pink...Sounds awesome about the half marathon. Of course, the Disney theme and medal will keep you inspired...haha. Get to training so you can rock it. And the bothersome trainer...just tell him you are not interested and go to the gym when you want.

Alegria...hope you eventually make it to Disney. I so loved it there. Haven't been since 2001...when the kids were little but we had a blast.

April....Wedding photgraphy is a huge commitment. You should definitely charge what you are worth. people pay in the thousands sometimes for a good one. Don't let people take advantage of you. That would only take the love of the hobby away. Can't wait to see some of your wedding work.

Me...well I am working on my mental health right now. It has been determined by my hubby and my doctor that the stress in my life is too much. I have lost interest in just about everything. My hubby was concerned so off to the doctor I went. I felt like a baby crying but apparently I am more depressed than I wanted to admit to. So on medicine...trying to have a better outlook. Went on a bike ride yesterday and today with my hubby. I am eating a little better, watching my snacking. I showed some loss on the scale but I really don't count it since it is from a gain. I soon will be back to the *kitten* kicking Linda that I was last year.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Linda
  • cazzincali
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome back!

Linda - I totally understand depression. I had "situational depression" about 15 years ago. Was on meds for 6 months, no more issues since then. Paxil was a Godsend for me!

Crystal - you DO look good in that color!! I agree with what everyone else has said... bridemaids dresses aren't always the best but at least yours stayed together!!

So the online Guess store had a sale on the style of jeans I like... so I couldn't resist! :bigsmile: I bought 2 new pairs of jeans in a size smaller than I am (29) and 2 in a size 28. (Can you see where I'm going with this?!) Size 28 is my goal size. So I feel very close. I will need to lose another 20-30# before I fit in them, me thinks. But this is my inspiration! :happy:

Ya know it's funny... people that are small don't understand what a struggle it can be just to "slip on a pair of jeans". When I was over 200#, I rarely wore jeans because they were so uncomfortable to wear - even if they fit well. I SO appreciate being able to put on a pair of jeans and feeling good in them... all day long! I no longer feel self conscious putting on a fitted tank top and my jeans and going out in public. No muffin top & no red marks on my waist/hips when I take the pants off! :bigsmile:

Everyone back "home" in Ohio was shocked to see how much smaller I am now. I must say, I felt so proud of myself and was happy to be able to show off "the new me". :tongue: I still see the fat girl when I look in the mirror, but no one else does! I put in the work and learned self discipline. I couldn't have done it without the Slave Driver (ugh! those words burn my tongue!) and all of YOU! To me, 65# isn't enough... but I now better understand the impact of that loss. I am a more confident ME!! Thanks, ladies!! You all rock!
  • CrystalS
    Options
    SOOO good to have everyone back (well not EVERYone is back yet, but a lot of you are :wink: ) :bigsmile:

We were invited to a "picnic" tonight to some friends house and I feel like I've blown it. :cry: I feel like I've gone back into the old self and didn't even THINK about what all I ate until it was already eaten and then I was like - :noway: did I just eat all that???????

Ugh, I'm so frustrated at myself. I need to refocus and re-determine that I AM going to do this and I WANT to do this.

Advise......Encouragement??????

:flowerforyou:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Linda, I'm very much looking forward to seeing you bounce back from the depression you've been struggling with. You'll kick it to the curb in no time!

Cazz, yay for sales! That's just awesome. I know exactly what you mean when you say that even though you've lost weight and people compliment you that you still see a fat girl in the mirror. It is amazing how hard it is to reset our brains.

Crystal, even though you didn't eat as well as you hoped, you've still made progress. You RECOGNIZE that what you did wasn't in your best interested and you're seeking out ways to rectify that. If what you did were truly an action of your old self, you never would have given what you consumed a second thought. That right there shows that you've made great strides in your healthy lifestyle change. My advise...keep moving forward.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    SOOO good to have everyone back (well not EVERYone is back yet, but a lot of you are :wink: ) :bigsmile:

We were invited to a "picnic" tonight to some friends house and I feel like I've blown it. :cry: I feel like I've gone back into the old self and didn't even THINK about what all I ate until it was already eaten and then I was like - :noway: did I just eat all that???????

Ugh, I'm so frustrated at myself. I need to refocus and re-determine that I AM going to do this and I WANT to do this.

Advise......Encouragement??????

:flowerforyou:

Crystal...it is OK to eat! This is life, not a life sentence. You have to enjoy life. As long as you do your best to make good choices, you will be fine. You are coming along nicely so don't beat yourself up. We are all proud of you!
  • CrystalS
    Options
    Thanks, Pink and Nurse! :flowerforyou: I know it's fine to eat and I need to eat, but a half a cookie bar might have been fine, not FIVE whole cookie bars. :noway: :blushing:

Anyway, thank you for the encouragement. I hope I can keep my head in the game as this is really a lifestyle change, not just a diet I am wanting to accomplish.

Thank you!!!!!!! :heart:
  • cazzincali
    Options
    Crystal - I think I understand what you're doing in your head... I do it too. Sometimes, I HAVE to beat myself up in order to move forward in a positive way. I have a bad habit of eating "just one more" and it turns into "just 3 more". :ohwell: It happens. We are human. As long as you recognize it and make a point to try NOT to do it next time, it doesn't seem so bad. I have what I call trigger foods. I know if I eat one, it won't stop there! So my "fix" is not to eat it at all. I tell myself "I'll eat it next time". So basically, I put it off. That's just me... :happy:

...not sure any of this makes sense!! :bigsmile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Must have been some super delicious cookie bars! :laugh: I like Cazz's "put it off" theory. Denying yourself completely of foods just makes you want them more. But telling yourself that you'll indulge later, makes you kind of put it on the back burner. And when I do that, I tend to forget about it because something more interesting has taken that thought space. :laugh:

So I totally intended on going to my first Cardio Barre class (thank you Groupon!) this morning, but completely let snooze take over. :( Dang. So now I'm thinking of either going tonight or tomorrow morning. I was shooting for a morning class because I've heard these classes get crowded and I thought a morning one would be less packed, but, perhaps mornings are juts not meant to be for me.

Did I mention today is also a free Maker's Mark cupcake testing for a local bakery? :) Totally going and getting my cupcake on!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I actually lost 2.4lb this week :D
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I actually lost 2.4lb this week :D

AWESOME!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Sounds like we're all getting back on track. Summer has a way of coming around and smacking me in the face sometimes. But so far, so good.. haven't even been to the ice cream shop yet!!! Not that I haven't wanted to...

Had a 5k in my little town tonight and I got a free registration from my chiropractor's office who was a major sponsor. This was the 2nd annual and last year I was still doing C25K so I chickened out. This year, I went for it! I did my 3rd ever 5k just 3 1/2 weeks ago, so I was just hoping to get the same time I got then.. and I beat it by like 47 seconds!!! Yay!!! Anyway, the best part was my new HRM I just got today. I was scheduled to fun 5 today according to my training schedule, so I slapped that sucker on and ran 2 miles "easy" and it said I burned over 250 calories.. awesome. So I kept it on while I walked around for an hour and stretched and stuff, and it said I burned another 200+ calories (which I'm not counting because I basically did nothing today, I'm on vacation). So I started it up again before the race and it said I burned 470 calories (kept it on about 15 minutes after I finished)!!!! Holy moly! I don't think MFP was really giving me that many calories when I ran. I'll have to research it to compare, but wow! I was thrilled!

Of course, now it's late and I really don't know how I'm going to eat all that... if I'd have realized it I would have had more lunch!! Oh well, it's all a learning process, right! Now if the silly race wouldn't have ruined my brand-new pedicure.... sigh... I'll call for a re-paint tomorrow. Again... live and learn!!!!

Have a great week.. I'm so enjoying not setting my alarm and still sleeping in my own bed! I could totally get used to this.....