Ketogenic

Options
Hello! Anyone else using fitness pal for a keto diet as well?

Replies

• naiauhane
    naiauhane Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started a couple of days ago. This is day 3 on keto for me. I used to use MFP occasionally for food tracking, but I'm finding it necessary with keto to keep the macros in mind. How's it going for you?
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I read that keto is good for those with cancer. Starves the cells. Other than that... Low carb is a bad idea. Your body metabolizes carbohydrates much easier.

Stay G'd up on carbs!
  • jennxx639
    jennxx639 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's a tough adjustment that's for sure. Especially because I love foods that happen to have tons of carbs hahah. I've done a low carb diet before and successfully lost 65lbs in 18months. This is also my 4th day on keto too! I was hoping for early ketosis but it's more difficult than I thought to skim down on carbs! Good luck you guys!
  • Heather_vaughn
    Heather_vaughn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    can someone who has had success mssg me id like to try this
  • SlenderSexySelah
    Options
    Low carb really works for me, love the fact that I'm hardly ever hungry...this is day three- feel free to add me.
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I read that keto is good for those with cancer. Starves the cells. Other than that... Low carb is a bad idea. Your body metabolizes carbohydrates much easier.

Stay G'd up on carbs!

I read that hypnosis really works, too.

YMMV, OP. Do what works for you.
  • helenbixlergoodwin
    Options
    I have been on it since late may. I didn't follow to the letter, so I am down 35 pounds and would have met my goal had I not slipped up so much. I am 1/2 way and not going to let the holidays set me back. It works.!
  • jennxx639
    Options
    Yay!! More keto people! Haha so far I really love it. I don't feel like I had to make a drastic change in my diet trying keto. It's almost a week already and I'm honestly surprised because I haven't had a Stomach ache since I started (normally experience frequent stomach irritation). I follow a group on Facebook that have excellent tips and support! Check out /r/xxketo group on Facebook
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Jen check out our low carb/keto group. Loads of helpful and experienced ketoers.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

• 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    The clear star that is yesterday stole the goods.
  • naz_20
    naz_20 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been on Keto for almost 2 months. Love it. You lose carb cravings after a while.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    jennxx639 wrote: »
    It's a tough adjustment that's for sure. Especially because I love foods that happen to have tons of carbs hahah. I've done a low carb diet before and successfully lost 65lbs in 18months. This is also my 4th day on keto too! I was hoping for early ketosis but it's more difficult than I thought to skim down on carbs! Good luck you guys!

When you lost the 65 lbs were you able to keep it off, or did you gain some/all/more of it back when you went back to eating carbs?

If you love carbs why would you go on a diet that deprives you of them? Better to continue eating what you enjoy, but less of it. Sustainability is more important than losing quickly.
  • fatnurse2fabnurse
    Options
    Super new to keto here...started yesterday. I've been yo yo ing forever. I'm down 85 as of now and hoping keto can help me reach my goal. However I'm having a hard time keeping protein in moderate and carbs so low. I'm literally eating protein and veggies and having a hard time staying with ing 20-25 net carbs. Any suggestions? Add me!
  • jennxx639
    Options
    jennxx639 wrote: »

When you lost the 65 lbs were you able to keep it off, or did you gain some/all/more of it back when you went back to eating carbs?

If you love carbs why would you go on a diet that deprives you of them? Better to continue eating what you enjoy, but less of it. Sustainability is more important than losing quickly.

Hey Kayla!
    I managed to keep it off for a very long time but had a change in my lifestyle about a year ago that I struggled with depression and also a honeymoon phase where I just let myself go. I love carbs but in a way that it was just comfort food really and just not helping my physical and mental state.
    I've been doing keto for a week and honestly feel like my energy level has improved and i can focus a lot better sorting my thoughts. Also physical pain is more undetected as well as my face is already free of break out!
    I find doing low carb and high protein is a good way to lose weight but there's other benefits too. Can't wait to see more progress!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Jen check out our low carb/keto group. Loads of helpful and experienced ketoers.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Yep, second this. The above link to the main LC group in MFP is where most of us ketofiles hang out.
  • behnoush_n
    behnoush_n Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    naz_20 wrote: »
    Been on Keto for almost 2 months. Love it. You lose carb cravings after a while.

Hi there .
    Are you doing keto diet ?
    If yes . Would you like to share your diary with me?
    I have been doing keto in 3 weeks now and so far no result.
    Thank you.
  • kittn_mittns
    kittn_mittns Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love Keto so far. It doesn't feel like you have to starve yourself to lose weight and you feel better to boot!
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Been meaning to make the switch to keto, and already have my macro adjustments set into MFP, but I refuse to pay $10 a month to be able to input my exact macros suggested for Keto. It's super demotivating after making meal planning in MFP, because I realize I have to go out and buy a *kitten* ton of food I don't have and do a lot of meal prepping. The keto plan just takes so much work compared to eating baked chicken breasts and vegetables.