Do you eat meat every day?

Options
weehah
weehah Posts: 81 Member
Hi there!

I was never a vegetarian, but I hadn't been eating much meat for a while. Now that I'm counting calories, though, I find it an easy, measurable way to have protein. Does anyone here eat meat twice a day and still have weight loss success? I know, I know, it's calories in, calories out . . . but I'm still looking for feedback about whether it seems to slow down the weight loss process.

Thank you!

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    everyday - several times a day!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    not always but a lot of the time yes
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yes, often. I eat more meat than I did before I started losing weight. Not totally happy about that, but it certainly doesn't hurt weight loss.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I agree that meat is an easy and tasty way to get in protein. Why exactly twice a day? Meat is a central part of maybe half of my dinners, and sometimes a small part of breakfast and/or lunch, but never for evening meal. I have lost 50 pounds.

Yes, weight loss is about calories in/out. Are you asking if two different diets that provide the same amount of calories, affects weight loss differently? Or as you asking if two different diets that provide the same amount of calories, makes you "feel" that you lose weight fast or slowly?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Yes, every day, it is all about CICO.
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes unfortunately wish I didn't as I love animals but also love their flesh in many forms, Dat struggle

Haha!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    I eat some meat just about every day. Mostly chicken.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yep, usually 1-2 times a day.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I eat meat about twice a day usually chicken, Turkey, or pork. I can't afford beef very often. It is the easiest way to get more protien which I need more of since I lift weights.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Thinnest I've been in my life was eating meat. Just ate under the calories. Heaviest I've been in my life is when I was fairly grain heavy, actually.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...I eat a LOT of meat.
    It's not uncommon for me to stir fry a pound of chicken (weighed raw) just for lunch.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I eat animals frequently. 61 pounds down overall, 31 just this year. It's a convenient source of protein and i don't like to use supplements.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Typically at least twice a day.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes. I wouldn't get enough protein otherwise (I don't do protein powders and I'm not a fan of proteins like seitan or quinoa).
  • LaMartian
    LaMartian Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    e'rry day, sonnn.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't eat meat at all. It makes me sick to my stomach (no, not the thought of what's happening to the animals... it simply doesn't agree with me). It's a struggle to get enough protein some days without supplementing.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Everyday? Heck yes. It's not a meal if it doesn't have meat in it in my opinion.