30 DAY SHRED!

Options
Hello MFP Family

I'm taking the plunge and going to attempt the 30 Day Shred! Is anyone else considering it that wants to start today with me today?!?!

Melissa

Replies

• papillontx
    Options
    What exactly is this 30 day shred? what do you have to do/follow?
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    It's a work out video by Jillian Michael's ... I'm going to pick it up tonight after work and give it a go :-) It's about $10-$12 CDN at Wal-Mart - so I've been told ;-)
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 6 of level 1 today. but I would love to carry on with you along the way. I'm going to be missing about 4 days over the holiday, so that should put me close to where you'll be when I get back to it.
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    YAY!! Thank you so much! I need to be accountable to ppl or else it won't happen! Thank you for adding me! LET'S FEEL THE BURN :)
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    I started this morning, so count me in! I've done it before, it's a great workout!
  • jencompton3821
    jencompton3821 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Let's do this!! I've been working out at work :tongue: to youtube videos (Jason's Fit Kitchen) but I think I may need to step things up!! Thanks for the invite!
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    How did it go Tayla?!
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    YAY! Great Jen! I'm nervous and excited! I'll be picking up the video on my lunch today, and doing Day 1 tonight! EEEK! :)
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I attempted to start this at the beginning of the month and wussed out. I'm ready to start again and will kick it in gear tonight. I need something to get me back on track. :)
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 2 for me!!!! Got up at 5AM and did the workout, thought I was going to die, but thankfully made my way through it with a lot of huffing & puffing and uttering not so nice words to Jillian!
    I hope to see a change in the next 30days. I have printed of a calendar weighed myself and took my measurements.

Oh ya I forgot to mention I HATE side lunges with arm raises.....
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    Dawn, I'm there with you!! I'm afraid! haha, Let's do it together!!
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    Sonya, that is some serious dedication! I will probably have a few choice words for Miss Jillian as well ;-) ... what's the old saying? "No pain, no gain" ?!
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did Day 3 today! It was rough! When I started I didn't have 3lb weights, so I used canned spaghetti :) and then I finally got the 3lb weights and used them today & it was rough!! So, Im thinking (hopefully) that by day 6 or 7 I won't be such a baby :)

good luck everyone!
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    haha @ ladystar ... I have soup cans ready to go as I dont' have weights either :) spaghetti cans would probably be better though! I'm expecting to feel sore I just have to keep in mind it's such a small part of my day, but will hopefully give me big results :)
  • RubyA2011
    RubyA2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    i did a couple of days last week and then misplaced my sports bra -- no idea where i put the darn thing (and no way i can do a workout without it) will have a good hunt for it later and hopefully restart tomorrow!
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    @ruby ... there is something to be said about a good sports bra .. I'm glad you mentioned something about that b/c I'll have to invest in one until then LOOK OUT, hehe ;-)
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    I did Day 2 today, soo I willing to trek on with ya!!! And I'm only using 2lb weights and it is killer on my arms lol.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been trying to decide if I should do a second round of the 30 Day Shred and you have convinced me! I did my first round in April and lost 10 pounds and over 7 inches! Loved it.!! I will start tomorrow and I am going to try 5 lbs weights! Maybe!! :ohwell: I used 3 lb weights the first go around. It does get better after day 4 or so. Good luck everyone!!:smile:
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    I did it after I had my first baby with a combo of walking and I lost 40 pounds, so it worked well for me. Then I got pregnant again and my littlest just turned one, so it's time to get these last few extra pounds GONE! I like it because it's only a 20 minute workout, and I can easily fit it into my day. I get up at 5:00am, do that and then get ready for work. I'm also doing the Couch to 5K as well. It's hard to stay motivated at times, but there's no reason why we can't do it! :smile:
  • melissabell1984
    Options
    @cmg AWESOME! you can give me a head's up about how much I'll be hurting ;-)