Are fat people just lazy and make excuses?

Options
In generaI I hear this on forums, from some personal trainers, and other random fit people. People who have lost weight recently seem to be the biggest culprits. How do you guys/girls feel about these statements?

Replies

• MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is how I feel about the statement.................this is going to get very interesting or be a complete *kitten* show. and that's my honest opinion ;) but you already knew that didn't you......very naughty

I really hope it doesn't come down to that. When I hear these statements about being lazy or make excuses, it makes me sad. I was wondering if others felt the same.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I put on weight because I was lazy... I essentially don't gain weight now on the same number of calories because I am more active.
  • ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I didn't put on weight because laziness. I put on weight because I ate more than I burned even though I run around after my young children all day.

When they say you can't out run a bad diet it's the truth. Someone could sit on their donkeys all day long, if they're eating at a deficit they will lose or maintain they're weight.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    When I was fat I was lazy and made excuses. I don't think that blanket statement applies to everyone who is overweight.
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Troll?

Frankly, I'm surprised I even got started again this time around. I'm extremely glad I did, but losing and regaining large amounts of weight multiple times starting from the early teen years (I remember counting calories for the first time in 5th grade) had mentally killed me - I decided my brain was broken, and I would never be able to permanently change my weight.

It was 7 years between this time and last time. Laziness had nothing to do with it. I wasn't physically capable of the things I am now, but I was constantly busy between work, keeping a home, dealing with family, etc. My house was always in immaculate condition, and I worked (as I do now) two jobs - one of them physical. It was very difficult for me to keep my house up to my standards and then clean at a resort every weekend, but I did it.

I'm glad for your commitment! Some people just shrug and say " well being overweight is just who I am". If I can ask, what helped you get started again? Was it an epiphany, get help from someone, etc?