Chicken breast....vomit??

Options
13»

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    I don't get all the hate for boiled chicken breast. When I used to meal prep a lot I would make boiled (or baked) chicken with broccoli and rice. Then add in 2 tbsp of bbq sauce and mix it all together. It wasn't the most amazing thing I've ever eaten but it tasted fine, was low calorie/high protein and fueled my body. The chicken could have been made to taste better with various spices/sauces but it wasn't bad the way it was.

Yeah, but you had bbq sauce...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Oh no... healthy =/= bland!!

The only time I boil chicken is because it's part of a chicken soup... or because it's some drumsticks and I want to shred the meat off the bones. But then I continue my recipe by adding herbs & spices along with some diced up veggies and sautee it all together for some delicious shredded chicken for several foods - sandwiches, tacos, burritos, etc.

• butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    The chicken could have been made to taste better with various spices/sauces but it wasn't bad the way it was.
    Why make it just "not bad" when you could do so much more? Without making it unhealthy?
    I've never boiled any meat that I can recall...sounds gross..

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    hhnkhl wrote: »

I had cauliflower...brocolli...tomatoes....then lastly I ate just plain boiled chicken breast. I ate about 100g of the chicken breast. However... every time I tried eating it I wanted to vomit. Is this because I have been used to additives and etc on my meats???
    Every fibre of my culinary soul is hoping against hope that you simply typo'd and put in boiled instead of broiled.

And if you did indeed boil that chicken breast, if there's any left over pick it up and slap yourself across the face with it. Hard and repeatedly! o:)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

I had cauliflower...brocolli...tomatoes....then lastly I ate just plain boiled chicken breast. I ate about 100g of the chicken breast. However... every time I tried eating it I wanted to vomit. Is this because I have been used to additives and etc on my meats???
    Every fibre of my culinary soul is hoping against hope that you simply typo'd and put in boiled instead of broiled.

And if you did indeed boil that chicken breast, if there's any left over pick it up and slap yourself across the face with it. Hard and repeatedly! o:)

I'd poach the chicken breast in wine or stock but never boil it. Even if I was going for chicken soup, it'd just be a slow simmer. Boiling would just make the chicken dry and dead tasting.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    6169f1y6mfxd.jpg

Plus chicken plus crock pot...one of my favorite choices for lunches during the week. When it's cooking, it makes my whole house smell like happiness...
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

I'd poach the chicken breast in wine or stock but never boil it. Even if I was going for chicken soup, it'd just be a slow simmer. Boiling would just make the chicken dry and dead tasting.

The idea of boiling any meat makes me sad.