Anxiety after wrong dye in box is really effecting me, all fitness motivation lost

Options
rebekahstrachan3
rebekahstrachan3 Posts: 30 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
Sorry I know this isn't fitness related but after an electric shock and a box dye gone wrong it's really effecting my confidence. I have lost all motivation to go to the gym or eat healthy, even eat at all for that matter. I'm really stuck in a rutt.

How do you guys get going again after being hit by numerous disasters weeks apart?

Thanks in advance.

[edited by MFP Moderator]

Replies

• marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you are seriously going to let a bad dye job affect what you eat? Go to a salon and get it fixed if it bothers you that much and as for an electric shock....you aren't in the hospital and don't look debilitated.........
  • rebekahstrachan3
    Options
    I was in and out of hospital for three days and still can't move two of my fingers properly. Can only do legs. I've not been eating rubbish but everything just feels at a stand still. How do you perk up?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to say here. You had an electric shock of some kind. I'm assuming you're being literal, that you were actually shocked by electricity, something that could kill you. And yet you seem most upset about a dye job gone bad.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Box dyes are awful. Would never do my hair in one. Just go hairdresser and get it fixed and take time to recover from your shock and the get back into it.

• jerribjork
    jerribjork Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a lot of life stress for you, and I think it's great to reach out for help! You are very pretty! Hang in there and focus on things you love and that make you feel good! I made a lost o the people who make me feel special. And favorite books or quotes help me get my mind calm and positive. Best wishes!!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Personally I think your hair in the picture looks great. Almost like a light brown with golden ombré color.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • rebekahstrachan3
    Options
    To answer your question I was electrocuted by a freezer, I dropped peas and got zapped when I pulled it out. That was the week before the hair. I know I'm ranting but it's just been one thing after another :neutral: I'm a student and money is tight so I can't afford to get it fixed until next Thursday. Thank you for the positive comments about my pictures, I'm just good at makeup.
  • rebekahstrachan3
    Options
    yes, sadly it is real.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Yes, some perspective is certainly called for, here. :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have a friend who dropped dead in front of his wife and kids while he was tinkering with a plugged in microwave.

Count your blessings, get up and press on.

ETA: even with two bum fingers you may not have the grip for free weights but you should still be able to manage most machines at the gym.
  • rebekahstrachan3
    Options
    wow!! I bet your magical suck it up wand can wipe away my social anxiety and BPD. Seriously, when people come online looking for support it is rather self riotous of you to think I only suffer from "first world" problems as you put it. I'm looking for advice on how others cope with these things not a slating.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    wow!! I bet your magical suck it up wand can wipe away my social anxiety and BPD. Seriously, when people come online looking for support it is rather self riotous of you to think I only suffer from "first world" problems as you put it. I'm looking for advice on how others cope with these things not a slating.

Really, this doesn't seem to be the best place to deal with what you're dealing with. You're fixated on what happened, which isn't allowing you to move on. Social anxiety and BPD, you may need to speak to a professional. No one here will be able to advise.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up,
    dust yourself off,
    start all over again. ;-)
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Sorry, but others cope with minor annoyances like bad hair dye by saying, "Well, that sucked." and moving on. This is affecting you abnormally strongly, and you should probably talk to your therapist/doctor.

Electrocution... well, that seriously sucks, but be glad you're ok :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I did give my advice.

Have perspective.
    Have empathy for others.
    Focus on what you can do.
    Get back into a routine.

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    There's nothing to really cope with.
    One you're more upset by your hair. That happens, not unusual at all. My grandma ended up with bright blue hair once. You know what she did? Carried on with life until it faded then redyed. Your hair looks great by the way.
    Two you were shocked and now you're online complaining about it. How about being greatful that you are still here. People die from stuff like that.
  • jakel33t
    jakel33t Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I suffer from demonizing events I just keep my eye on the prize, and my goal close to heart. Push forward and tell yourself "this to shall pass".