Lean cuisine frozen meal question

Anyone lost a lot of weight eating lean cuisines 2-3 times a day?

Replies

• canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Those things are loaded with sodium !!! I would just stay away
  • newstart1988
    newstart1988 Posts: 154 Member
    What would you recommend as far as precooked meals? I don't want to cook meals I need fast and easy
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2016
    I have. I love lean cuisine. But you'll probably need to eat more than that. Fit what you want for lean cuisines into your meals, check your nutrition tab, and fill in the gaps with other foods to meet your calorie goal.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    I use them for quick meals (I had one for lunch with some spiralized zucchini because I was too tired from grocery shopping, food prepping, and cramming for pharm to make anything elaborate), but I would go crazy eating them every single day. Their portions are tiny.

If you're looking for quick meals, have you thought about preparing meals in advance? I often will batch cook a big thing of stir fry/curry/chili or chicken breasts to eat all week or will make an extra portion at dinner to eat for lunch the next day (it's not going to take any longer for me to cook one extra piece of meat if I'm already cooking one).
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    I usually have one for dinner, and on rare occasion I have had 2 for dinner (you can hit around 550cal if you choose wisely) but it's a huge hit in sodium and my scale reflected it. They're not terribly filling and by themselves they're only around 300 calories, so usually I'll have a bag of steamed veggies to have with it as well.
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Salads are super quick to make, there are tons of things you can throw in a crock pot and be ready to go in 8-12 hours. There are a ton of options that don't require a lot of prepping
  • newstart1988
    seska422 wrote: »
    I've lost about 90 pounds in 15 months eating them. I have one or two Lean Cuisine (or similar brand) meals nearly every day. I supplement with a bag of steam-in-bag frozen veggies if I want a bit more volume for that meal.

Wow! Congrats! That's so inspiring! Did you also workout? And if so, how often?
  • newstart1988
    Rawr619 wrote: »
    Salads are super quick to make, there are tons of things you can throw in a crock pot and be ready to go in 8-12 hours. There are a ton of options that don't require a lot of prepping

True thanks!
  • newstart1988
    Afura wrote: »
    I usually have one for dinner, and on rare occasion I have had 2 for dinner (you can hit around 550cal if you choose wisely) but it's a huge hit in sodium and my scale reflected it. They're not terribly filling and by themselves they're only around 300 calories, so usually I'll have a bag of steamed veggies to have with it as well.

Oh okay good to know! Thanks!
  • newstart1988
    I have. I love lean cuisine. But you'll probably need to eat more than that. Fit what you want for lean cuisines into your meals, check your nutrition tab, and fill in the gaps with other foods to meet your calorie goal.

True! Thanks!
  • newstart1988
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I use them for quick meals (I had one for lunch with some spiralized zucchini because I was too tired from grocery shopping, food prepping, and cramming for pharm to make anything elaborate), but I would go crazy eating them every single day. Their portions are tiny.

If you're looking for quick meals, have you thought about preparing meals in advance? I often will batch cook a big thing of stir fry/curry/chili or chicken breasts to eat all week or will make an extra portion at dinner to eat for lunch the next day (it's not going to take any longer for me to cook one extra piece of meat if I'm already cooking one).

I'm trying to find meals that I don't have to cook right now but those are really good ideas! Thanks!
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Yes, a decade ago I lost weight eating Lean Cuisine 1-2 times a day. I wasn't doing a deliberate "Lean Cuisine" diet - they were just lower calorie options and super easy. Now I prefer Amy's and Kashi meals for the flavor.

I second the recommendation to make a big batch when you cook and then freeze (or refrigerate) individual portions. A lot cheaper than frozen meals and often tastier.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    I've lost about 90 pounds in 15 months eating them. I have one or two Lean Cuisine (or similar brand) meals nearly every day. I supplement with a bag of steam-in-bag frozen veggies if I want a bit more volume for that meal.

Do you mind if I ask what you spent in groceries eating like that?

Congrats on the weight loss!!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member

I'm not who you quoted but they frequently go on sale here for 5/$10, and then many times you can stack b5/g1 free deals and coupons. That's $2 or less per meal. Throw some frozen veggies with it and you have a decent meal for around $2.50. When this deal is running I've seen people literally fill the big part of carts up.
  • Panda_Poptarts

I'm not who you quoted but they frequently go on sale here for 5/$10, and then many times you can stack b5/g1 free deals and coupons. That's $2 or less per meal. Throw some frozen veggies with it and you have a decent meal for around $2.50. When this deal is running I've seen people literally fill the big part of carts up.

That's impressive! I haven't had frozen meals in quite some time, but I wouldn't be opposed to some ultra low carb ones for super quick meals when I'm too busy to breathe at work.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member

Wow! Congrats! That's so inspiring! Did you also workout? And if so, how often?

I did not exercise. I just counted calories and balanced my macros to keep me feeling satiated. Now that I'm smaller, I'm moving more but I'm not factoring any directed exercise into my weight loss.

That's impressive! I haven't had frozen meals in quite some time, but I wouldn't be opposed to some ultra low carb ones for super quick meals when I'm too busy to breathe at work.

The sales are nice. However, even without those, I'm spending much less on groceries than I did when I ate restaurant food 1-2 times per day and maybe 3 times per day on the weekends.
  • newstart1988
    Thanks for all your replies. They were all very helpful! :-)
  • Panda_Poptarts

The sales are nice. However, even without those, I'm spending much less on groceries than I did when I ate restaurant food 1-2 times per day and maybe 3 times per day on the weekends.

Yep, restaurant food will kill your budget! Good for you for finding an affordable healthy food option :)