If you had a 47" waist how much would you weigh? Just for fun!

Options
120poundstogo
120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
Just for fun how much would you weigh if you had a 47" waist and what size would you be?

Replies

• Forschlerla
    Forschlerla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    About 330
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How would we guess this?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Far more than I've ever weighed for sure! I'm 5'9" so I feel like it would have to be in the 300's to be that high for me? Is there a calculation we're supposed to be doing here to have a substantive answer?
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    About 330
    Yeah I mean you're right on! That's what the charts say.
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Far more than I've ever weighed for sure! I'm 5'9" so I feel like it would have to be in the 300's to be that high for me? Is there a calculation we're supposed to be doing here to have a substantive answer?
    No special calculation only if you want to though. But yeah you're in the right ballpark!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    My waist is 47" and I weigh 238lbs.
  • tomw86
    tomw86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Depends on your sex and body shape, I was 235lbs when my waist was 47". It was 56" at 308lbs.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I had a 47" waist and weighed 283 lbs. at 5'9".
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I wear my pants high so the "waist" number is big enough to fit comfortably around my belly. The size I was wearing at the beginning of this journey was a 46. So, about 20# plus 272 and I'd be about 292 with a 47" waist.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    This is silly
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    my waist was 47 inches at 269 wore about a a 2x or size 26 i think. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    tomw86 wrote: »
    Depends on your sex and body shape, I was 235lbs when my waist was 47". It was 56" at 308lbs.
    Thanks for your reply! That is so fascinating. Mine was 56" at 268lbs. But now I am 237 lbs. and it is 47"!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    I had a 47" waist and weighed 283 lbs. at 5'9".
    Thanks for your reply! Yeah it is embracing many shapes and sizes! I can't believe it it is all over the board! Now I never took my measurements when I weighed at my heaviest of 280lbs I really wish that I did! But that was two years ago. I think your height was on your side. I'm 5'4" with a 47" waist at 236 lbs. I fluctuate.
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    I wear my pants high so the "waist" number is big enough to fit comfortably around my belly. The size I was wearing at the beginning of this journey was a 46. So, about 20# plus 272 and I'd be about 292 with a 47" waist.
    Wow fascinating! You seem to be in the right ballpark! I wonder if my scale is broke lol because that is what the charts say too. Or I'm measuring wrong or its just me! I measure my high as well as low waist. But I am not the only one! I think height plays a part and I forgot about that! Thanks for your reply!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    This is silly
    Thanks for being so honest! I am sorry u feel that way! Thanks for humoring me you don't have to answer if u don't want to!
    Have a great day!

• 120poundstogo
    Options
    my waist was 47 inches at 269 wore about a a 2x or size 26 i think. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall
    Thanks for your reply! That is so awesome we're the same height, wonderful! Yes, I have a 47" waist as u can tell but I am 236 lbs. I can wear a XXL and size 18 in jeans from Old Navy and a L from there as well. I mean my scale says I am 236 as well as my doctor's scale! So it's not the scale after all! God embraces all shapes and sizes!

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    measure your waist at it's smallest point, which generally is a few inches above the navel
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    How would we guess this?
    Just a guesstimation if u want. I just find it a little odd going by charts online that I weigh a lot less than what is given for a 47" waist! That's all. So if u want to contribute u can if u don't want too I understand. It is a little out there and is just for fun!

• 120poundstogo
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    measure your waist at it's smallest point, which generally is a few inches above the navel
    Ok thanks I'll do that. Thanks for the reply! You're looking great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!