weight loss

Options
Will I lose weight eating the following or is it to much

here's my food diary
Breakfast: 2 slices rindless shortcut bacon, 1 fried egg and 2 slices of multigrain toast
Lunch: 300gram pork cutlet, 1 small potato with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a salad made of spinach, red onion, grated carrot and full fat italian dressing,
Dinner: 2 cups macaroni pasta elbows with about 100grams or more of bechamel sauce with only parmesan cheese in it and a small sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top.

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    None of us can tell. There's so many factors that are not included (age, weight, pace of weight loss, gender, daily physical activity, whether you're eyeballing/measuring/weighing food and how often, medical conditions that might affect metabolic rate or hunger/satiety, etc).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,985 Member
    Options
    spmcrob33 wrote: »

here's my food diary
    Breakfast: 2 slices rindless shortcut bacon, 1 fried egg and 2 slices of multigrain toast
    Lunch: 300gram pork cutlet, 1 small potato with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a salad made of spinach, red onion, grated carrot and full fat italian dressing,
    Dinner: 2 cups macaroni pasta elbows with about 100grams or more of bechamel sauce with only parmesan cheese in it and a small sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top.

How many calories is that?

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    While it is ok to display what you plan to eat for the day, will this day of eating be within your calorie deficit to loose weight?

How many calories is this and does it total the calories on your deficit for the day.. ??

It really does not matter what it is that you eat, just that the number of calories meet the deficit..
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you going to eat this and exactly this every day? How many calories is that? What is your height, weight, sex, age and activity level (which is what determines calorie need)?

Instead of guessing games, plot your stats into MFP setup, weigh and log everything you eat, and aim to consistently hit your calorie goal (+/- 100 calories). You can lose 0.5 - 2 pounds per week, depending on starting weight and diligence.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

here's my food diary

What's the total calories? What's your daily calorie goal?
  • spmcrob33
    spmcrob33 Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    weight currently: 79.8 kilos
    height: 150cms
    sex: female
    activity level: 5000 steps a day sometimes more or less usually more

i measured the macaroni pasta but i didn't measure anything else and im not sure how many calories i have eaten.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you don't know how many calories you're eating, then it's impossible to say whether or not you will lose weight. Start logging everything, use a food scale to weigh it all (more accurate than cups), and see what happens.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,985 Member
    Options

i measured the macaroni pasta but i didn't measure anything else and im not sure how many calories i have eaten.

Use a food scale and then log it here in MFP.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Big red flag here-you have to measure out portion sizes for everything, and you have to keep track of how many calories you're consuming. Otherwise you have no idea if you're actually eating at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals. This whole things is a numbers game, and you have to have the correct numbers or you're flying blind.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Well this is something we can work with.

You can do this yourself, but from online calculators I get that your daily calorie need is around 2200 calories. You have around 23 kilos to lose to get to a healthy weight. That's 52 pounds and means that a loss of 1.5 pounds per week, for the first leg of your "journey", is reasonable and healthy. To lose 1 pound, you need to eat 3500 fewer calories than you burn. 1.5 pounds per week means that you need to eat 5250 calories less per week, or 750 calories less per day. 2200 - 750 is 1450.

Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals/daily_nutrition_goals
    Set your Daily Nutrition Goals to 1450 calories, and if you like, adjust the macros too: Carbohydrates 35% (127 g), Fat 45% (73 g), Protein 20% (73 g). This will set the framework for a healthy and balanced, while at the same time tasty and varied diet that is easy to stick to.

Now, open your food diary, (set it to display fat, carbs and protein if you decided to set them too) and start logging your food. You can begin by logging what you already are eating, to see what you can adjust to better be able to hit your goals, without feeling that you're missing out on anything. Logging in advance is a good idea. So is getting and using an electronic food scale, and checking database entries with package labels or the USDA database. Try to hit your calorie goal within 50 or so, every day.

After a while, you'll start to see a pattern. Some foods make it easy for you to hit your goal and feel satisfied, other foods makes it harder. You will se that you can eat anything, but you have to watch portions. Maybe play around with meal timing. Tweak until you have a collection of meals that satisfy you, mentally as well as physically, and fits your schedule of work and play and rest.

Weigh yourself regularly too. Once a week, or once every day. But always at the same time and under similar circumstances. Don't fret if your numbers don't show a loss every week - as long as you are careful with food logging, your weight will go down.

Be patient and don't try to force your body into starvation or strenous exercise. That will just backfire. Weight loss is a slow process - as mentioned, you can expect 750 grams per week now in the beginning, but later it will slow down, until your intake and burn balances out as you get to goal weight. It's important that you get in good habits at an early stage. If you want to keep the weight off for ever, you have to be mindful about intake every day for the rest of your life. It's not as bad as it may sound, though. Just paying a little attention. Maybe get in some more movement. That will feel more pleasurable as your weight drops.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you don't know how many calories you're eating, then it's impossible to say whether or not you will lose weight. Start logging everything, use a food scale to weigh it all (more accurate than cups), and see what happens.

^^This.

Put in the work and you'll see the results.