anyone go to zumba?

Options
2»

Replies

• Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    I participate in a Zumba class twice a week at my job. I'm hooked! It's something that anyone can do and you'll have fun doing it!! I'm insulin resistant, so I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I feel SO much better after I Zumba! I look forward to the classes and have even bought the game for my Kinect for home!! Give it a try & if 1 instructor isn't to your liking, find another... I've found every instructor is different. Good Luck!!
    Peace, Love & Zumba!

How are you liking the game??? I just bought it for the wii and I think my game is defective. In the learning section, it speeds up, slows down and skips a lot . Is this normal??

Hmmm. I don't know about for the Wii, but I don't think it should skip on you. It should be like a Zumba class, staying in beat with the music. Make sure there aren't any finger prints on your disk...
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I Love Zumba!!!!! But it's a killer . . . . . . . . : )
    So is zumba a dance thing? I have never done it. Are there dvd's or just classes? I'm curious. I don't even know if they have it at my gym, I know there's a place not to far from my house that has it though. I'm not very coordinated, last time I did any kind of dance thing at the gym I kept running into people.
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    I know people love zumba, but the never ending Latin music sent me screaming from the room! It was like listening to the same song over and over.....shudder. Do they know any other moves beside hip thrust and shimmy? Sorry for the rant, but yuk.

Well, that's why I like my instructors here at work because they really mix up the moves for us. Maybe you should check out another instructor if you're doing classes. Personally, I like music that makes me move & I listen to a little of everything... Maybe Zumba's not for you.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I participate in a Zumba class twice a week at my job. I'm hooked! It's something that anyone can do and you'll have fun doing it!! I'm insulin resistant, so I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I feel SO much better after I Zumba! I look forward to the classes and have even bought the game for my Kinect for home!! Give it a try & if 1 instructor isn't to your liking, find another... I've found every instructor is different. Good Luck!!
    Peace, Love & Zumba!

How are you liking the game??? I just bought it for the wii and I think my game is defective. In the learning section, it speeds up, slows down and skips a lot . Is this normal??

I have this for the Xbox Kinect as well and my sister has a dance game on the Wii (not sure if it's Zumba or not). One thing I can say that is better about the Kinect is there is NO remote; therefore, the kinect sensor monitors your entire body movement not just where the remote is (for example: if you don't move your feet right on Zumba for Kinect the sensor picks that up and will show red around the foot of the instructor on the TV screen, whereas with Wii you don't even have to move your feet because the remote is in your hand so that's all it will pick up).

I hope this makes sense...LOL
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I do! I kinda like it...But...there is a big BUT.....I teach Ballroom Dance professionally and Zumba gives me the Calorie Burn I need vs the conditioning with BD. The class I attend is MASSIVE! Over 100 People..... and to get a spot in that class is a nightmare. There are women who are regulars that Own the front area and can be pretty mean sometimes. Then I feel bad for the new people in the back because in Zumba its either you know it or you DONT! And if your in the back of classroom that size your lost most of the time! I dont like that....as a teacher I believe there should some basics or fundamentals class for newbies but they just right into it. But anyways thats just my opinion. I can't believe how much people love this. I was teaching Salsa Cardio before this became popular 6 years ago and its almost the same.

Anyways sorry about the ranting....take care and have fun in the class!
  • KelliGaile
    KelliGaile Posts: 10
    Options
    i do zumba on the wii and i <3 it!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I lalalalove zumba! ♥

it is so much fun, you don't even think of it as exercise.
    it makes you feel sexy too =D
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I hope you give it a try since you said you wanted to. if you like it, you like it, if not, no big, you'll find something else you will enjoy more.
    definitely see if there are beginner classes available.. that may go over the core/basic steps slower than a regular zumba class.
    That's my 2 cents. :)
    good luck and have fun
  • vgalloway
    vgalloway Posts: 4
    Options
    i cant find zumba as an exercise what does everyone else put it under?
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I enter it as high impact aerobics bc I tend to do the more "advanced" moves (more hopping, bouncing, etc) and it comes pretty close to what others I take the class with (that are a similar size and movements as myself).
  • PatBeard
    PatBeard Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor. I'm really starting to use it more. One class I burned 405 calories and another 355. I'm trying to get a good estimate of the calories I burn. They were two different clsasses with totally different styles but both were great!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I zumba sun,tues and thur I burn 550 to 900
    cal each time
  • PatBeard
    PatBeard Posts: 6
    Options
    You can add Zumba yourself under exercises. Go to exercises at the top, then my exercises, then add exercise. :
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    I love zumba! every clas is different, some are more interval with slow and fast dances, some are more like areobics - warm up - dance hard - cool down. find the one that best suits your lifestyle. :)
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Options
    In Feb all I did was Zumba at home and two classes a week. I lost 8 lbs and 4 inches in my waist. I love it.

Nice job on your weight loss..You look amazing!

I have the zumba DVD's my hips just don't move right. i am sure it would be better in a class. I am just too cheap :happy:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Peace, Love & Zumba!

Hmmm. I don't know about for the Wii, but I don't think it should skip on you. It should be like a Zumba class, staying in beat with the music. Make sure there aren't any finger prints on your disk...

I have the game fo rthe wii and mine doesn't speed up or jump in the beginners training (that's all I've used so far), think you're right it sounds like a defective disc. I do love it when I get the chance to do it :)