Replies

• cheriegirard
    cheriegirard Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower mac and cheese

• 1 head cauliflower
    • 4 tbsp cream cheese
    • 1/2 tbsp. mustard (any kind)
    • 1 and 1/2 c. cheese (1/2 c. reserved for top)
    • Splash of cream
    • garlic powder
    • salt and pepper to taste
    Chop the heads off the cauliflower and steam until soft. Once soft drain and return to saucepan. Add cream cheese, cheese and cream and stir until incorporated. Add mustard, garlic powder, and salt pepper to taste. Be careful, it is delicious!
    . Even my husband who loathes cauliflower loved this! (I mean obviously you can barely taste the cauliflower with all the cheese ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
  • kflower84
    kflower84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to join the low carb group

I like using the light swiss laughing cow cheese wedges with can tuna instead of mayo.
  • rerez2015
    rerez2015 Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Smile
  • rerez2015
    rerez2015 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have tons of recipes, friend me.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I do jalapenos, sliced lengthwise and de-seeded, filled with full fat cream cheese, bacon bits or chopped cooked bacon, and topped with cheddar cheese. Bake until tender. Delicious!
  • babysteps2skinny
    babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/ypF-nbm28DA

I have made this a few times...cabbage fills you and tastes delicious in this salad
  • Mark_Thompson_833
    Mark_Thompson_833 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome posts, I'm currently trying the low carb diet to cut weight and have trouble finding ideas too.
  • Mark_Thompson_833
    Mark_Thompson_833 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nessawade wrote: »
    kaj9702 wrote: »
    I made a chili verde and a zucchini lasagna last week that were yummy! I had left overs for several days afterward.

Nice. I actually saw something similar and wanna make the zucchini lasagna. Next weekend for sure!! How'd it turn out?!

Was the lasagna made from zucchini??
    Or was it regular pasta.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Tonight is baked Talipia seasoned with lemon pepper and garlic powder and roasted broccoli seasoned same way
  • 64heyjude
    64heyjude Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yummy salad. I don't use artificial sweetener, but you could substitute. This is a recipe from a great Thai restaurant.
    CUCUMBER SALAD

3 lg. cucumbers(peel, cut in half lengthwise'
    Then sliced)
    2 slices red onion(diced)
    a few carrot strips( I use a potato peeler, lengthwise)

Dressing:
    1/2 c. seasoned rice wine vinegar
    1/4 c. water
    1 Tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. sugar
    Microwave 30 seconds to dissolve sugar. Chill.
    Pour over veg. Let stand at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
  • 64heyjude
    64heyjude Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Instead of the zucchini noodles for lasagna, I'm going to try these.

Cauliflower noodles

Ingredients
    3 cups cauliflower rice, packed
    3 eggs
    ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
    ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with olive oil.
    In a food processor rice the cauliflower, until you get a texture finer than rice. Once it’s riced measure it and make sure you have 3 cups packed.
    Place cauliflower rice in a bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes, give it a good stir and microwave for another 2 minutes.
    Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze as much moisture as you can (I usually squeeze out over a cup of liquid). This is very important. The cauliflower rice needs to be dry.
    Place drained cauliflower rice back in the bowl and add eggs, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
    Spread the mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
    Remove from the oven, let cool 5 to 10 minutes and carefully peel it off the parchment paper.
    Transfer to a large cutting board or work surface.
    Depending on the size and shape of your baking dish, cut the cauliflower noodles so that it will fit into the dish. Set aside. Then make your regular lasagna.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I liked a few pages on facebook, they always post really good looking low carb recipes. Low Carbing Among Friends, Low Carb Zen, and Low Carb Keto Diet are nice pages.

I also use IG but cannot link to it on the main forums, lots of people there using #lowcarb #lchf or #keto all post low carb recipes so that has been helpful.

I've also been using this site for years, love it: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
  • Nessawade
    Nessawade Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    64heyjude wrote: »
    Yummy salad. I don't use artificial sweetener, but you could substitute. This is a recipe from a great Thai restaurant.
    CUCUMBER SALAD

3 lg. cucumbers(peel, cut in half lengthwise'
    Then sliced)
    2 slices red onion(diced)
    a few carrot strips( I use a potato peeler, lengthwise)

Dressing:
    1/2 c. seasoned rice wine vinegar
    1/4 c. water
    1 Tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. sugar
    Microwave 30 seconds to dissolve sugar. Chill.
    Pour over veg. Let stand at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

I love cucumber salad
  • Nessawade
    Nessawade Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    kaj9702 wrote: »
    I made a chili verde and a zucchini lasagna last week that were yummy! I had left overs for several days afterward.

Nice. I actually saw something similar and wanna make the zucchini lasagna. Next weekend for sure!! How'd it turn out?!

Was the lasagna made from zucchini??
    Or was it regular pasta.

Pasta was Zucchini .
  • DylsGrandma
    DylsGrandma Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pizza-Bellas
    2 Sticks Light String Cheese ( Pull into threads and chop)
    2 Large Portabella Mushrooms- ( save stems and chop)
    1/4 cup Crushed Tomatoes
    1/2 tsp Chopped Garlic
    Italian Seasoning
    8 slices Turkey Pepperoni
    2 tbsps Sliced Black Olives

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    Spay a baking sheet with cooking spray
    Place mushroom caps on cooking sheet, rounded sides down. Bake until slightly tender, about 8 minutes.
    Remove from oven , but leave oven on... blot any excess moisture from mushrooms. In a small bowl mix crushed tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning. Divide mixture between mushroom caps. Top with chopped mushroom stems, turkey pepperoni, olives and the string cheese. Put back in the oven bake until mushrooms are tender, filling is hot and cheese is melted. 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!

1Pizza Bella is 118 calories , 7.5 carbs , 4.75g fat. Makes two servings.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    markag1990 wrote: »
    Try swapping spaghetti for corgettii I've done that now and I love the stuff. 150g corgettii only 3.9g of carbs

Never heard of it. Thanks.. ill look into it

I had to look it up! We just call it zucchini here!