Your most intense pain ever?

Options

Replies

• jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I got rear-ended. I was stopped and she was doing 40.

I didn't break anything, amazingly, but my right leg was a giant bruise from ankle to hip, the next day I couldn't turn my head so much as a quarter inch in either direction. I got good drugs and physical therapy for 3 months and I'm fine now, that was 10 years ago. I only wish I had sued the stupid twit.
  • JoeKeese
    JoeKeese Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ruptured a disk, ouch! That sounds extremely painful, I've had buddies who have been medically discharged for back issues, that being one of them. Worst "pain" I've experienced was waking up a day after having testicular torsion surgery, it was a very bad groin pain. Actually made me throw up a couple of times in pain. It only lasted for a day or two but it was worst than an ACL tear, right thumb tendon laceration and Lasik eye surgery.
  • MsDeeHawk12
    MsDeeHawk12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    In January I had eight kidney stones, all too large to pass and one stuck in my "duct work". Three surgeries in two and a half weeks.

And the worst part, there are more forming that they cannot do anything with YET! Sigh.....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I've been stabbed, shot and burned, but the worst pain I have suffered is from Gout.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Hands down, giving birth to my 1st child, without the benefit of any pain medication. There IS no greater pain. Ladies, if you have the choice, TAKE THE EPIDURAL.

I have to agree with this. 36 hour labor with my first son. Not all those hours were excruciating but the last 10, I almost had to have an outer body experience to cope. No drugs? WTF was I thinking. TAKE THE EPIDURAL!!!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    caammph wrote: »
    Multi-disc herniation. By far, worse than gallstones and unmedicated childbirth.

Glad to know someone else feels it was that bad
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I will say this, I would go through disc herniations, unmedicated childbirth, stab wounds, broken bones, tooth extractions, etc. any day to never experience the unexpected death of a loved one. THAT HURTS!!! Not to diminish the physical pains people have mentioned but a mourning broken heart tops them all to me. That's just me though.
  • yogi1129
    yogi1129 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hands down when I had a staph infection on my arm. My mom and I had no idea what it was, and my aunt who was studying nursing told us to drain it. My mom squeeze it and I could hear and feel it "pop" and then all of the infection started coming out. I was shaking and crying and throwing up and almost passed out. It was so bad that mom took me to the doctor and he told us what it was and how bad it was. Definitely learned to never, ever squeeze an infection! Bad idea. Still have the scar and everything. :(
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    kidney infection or when my jaw snaps back after locking from tmj
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I had a hangnail last week. Oh my heavens...
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    A combination (all at once) of endometriosis, fibroids, a twisted ovary, and blocked fallopian tubes. That was definitely the worst! Second place would be Basillar migraines - my whole head, face, and ears felt like they were being stuck into a vice squeezed to the max.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My third child was 9lbs 12 oz..she was born completely drug free and broke my pelvis on the way out. Not pretty.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    But seriously...prostatitis combined with epididymitis.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Some might think I would say it was my broken back (L1,2,3, and 4), ruptured spleen, or my ruptured colon or the fact that I suffered them all at once. However, they fail in comparison to my first heartbreak. That still hurts!
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kidney stone, never felt pain like it!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Kidney stone, never felt pain like it!

When I had mine, the nurse in the ER told me that women who've had kids and kidney stones have told her there was more pain with the stones.
  • annherrin
    annherrin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    IUD insertion with no pain meds. It only lasted 15 seconds, but I almost passed out. I've had plenty of painful experiences (tattoos in places with just bone) but that one was nothing like anything I've ever felt before.
  • jrami24
    jrami24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Vasectomy