Starbucks options?

Options
2»

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I like to get the evolution sweet greens smoothie. It's green juices blended with greek yogurt and a banana. I prefer mine without the banana just because I don't prefer them. If you're looking for coffee, I like the Latte Machiatto or an Americano with room for cream. The calories aren't too bad and there is no sweetener but I don't like sweet coffee so it works for me. You can go to the Starbucks website and view the nutrition info for just about anything they sell so if you really want to plan ahead, spend some time on their website before you go.

ETA: Oops! Just realized this thread is several days old and you've probably already been! Hope you found something good. :smile:
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Etsar73 wrote: »
    I'm not American and I've never been to a Starbucks but I know it's essentially a coffee shop... but sometimes I wonder if they even sell coffee! The way people talk about Starbucks you would think that coffee was secondary with all the talk about powders, frapps and syrups! Can you just get a latte? Get it small and if you need a sweetener, then add it. I see so many posts about people fretting over Starbucks, it blows my mind. Someone mentioned a small cappuccino.... sounds good and easy to me.

I am pretty familiar with Starbucks and I have the same questions. People just seem to assume they have to get some kind of coffee milkshake with multiple pumps of syrup, whipped cream, and caramel and chocolate sauce drizzles. It ain't so.

KHhQ4Dh.png?1
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Coffee, espresso . . .
  • cathy10222
    cathy10222 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte is good and fairly low cal
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you consider "healthy" after a group ride. For the past 2-3 weeks I have been having their frappuccinos every weekday with about 5-6 scoops of protein for the half-price happy hour. Roughly 400-500 calories with 40+ protein (depending on the options). If you have a long ride, that probably doesn't even put a dent in your calorie burn. I don't like the foods though.
    So do they have protien or do you bring your own and mix it in?
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Most of them also have coconut milk which will reduce both the calories and carbs in your drink vs soy or cow milk.

What? Coconut milk is 552 calories per cup while 2% milk is only 124? Coconut milk also has one more gram of carbs.
    Depends on what kind of coconut milk...silk unsweetened is around 50 calories per cup
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I found this really helpful. Everything listed is under 200 calories...
    http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I found this really helpful. Everything listed is under 200 calories...
    http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Most of them also have coconut milk which will reduce both the calories and carbs in your drink vs soy or cow milk.

What? Coconut milk is 552 calories per cup while 2% milk is only 124? Coconut milk also has one more gram of carbs.
    Depends on what kind of coconut milk...silk unsweetened is around 50 calories per cup

That's coconut milk beverage, which is different from traditional coconut milk. But yes, that's what Starbucks will have. The other stuff is used in cooking, especially with things like Thai cuisine. Also makes a nice pudding.

• helen_demun
    helen_demun Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm a total Starbucks lover so my favs are: Cold brew with soy (or black if you can do it!) is only 30 cals (Grande) with 2g of protein and 200mg caffeine. Regular Cold brew is only 5 cals as a Grande! Another fun one is a Starbucks Double Shot with soy, I always get it iced, and that's only 35 cals with 2g of protein as a Grande with 225mg caffeine. Besides that, any unsweetened iced teas are 0 cals and you can add sweetener yourself. If I'm feeling a little splurgey a Skinny vanilla latte is around 90 cals. If I want a juice-type drink I will get the Sweet greens with lemon evolution juice which is just cold pressed green, 100 cals for the bottle and no sugar or anything.

All of the unsweetened Americanos and black coffees (iced or not) are 0-5 cals and you can add whatever sweetener you want at the bar.

On the Starbucks website you can look up al the drinks and their calories with each kind of milk, and sweetened and unsweetened :)

Can you tell I'm from Seattle and a huge Starbucks fan?! Lol
  • constancenj
    constancenj Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I always get a Venti Caramel Iced coffee with milk which is around 150-160. You can replace with skim milk if you want less calories, but I think it tastes WAY better with 2% And you can also get a smaller size..... I never do... I want alllllll the coffees.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bring your own liquid stevia. I always have one in my pocket or purse. You might look silly doing it but you can then order anything unsweetened and sweeten it yourself. I always get an iced latte with coconut milk sometimes extra shots of espresso depending on what kind of day it is lol then I put my own stevia in it and it's perfect. The only calories would be coming from the coconut milk. You can look up the brand they use online to put it in your diary.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Pike Place, 2 shots skinny vanilla syrup, and a teensy splash of skim.
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I normally have a caramel cappuccino or non fat cappuccino or non fat latte. All under 200 I think
  • my3fallkiddos
    my3fallkiddos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Trenta Shaken Green Iced tea, unsweetened.
  • sindirella21
    sindirella21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tall skinny vanilla latte. 90 calories. It's my go-to.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you consider "healthy" after a group ride. For the past 2-3 weeks I have been having their frappuccinos every weekday with about 5-6 scoops of protein for the half-price happy hour. Roughly 400-500 calories with 40+ protein (depending on the options). If you have a long ride, that probably doesn't even put a dent in your calorie burn. I don't like the foods though.
    So do they have protien or do you bring your own and mix it in?

They have it, in the ones I have visited, for $.50 more (not dependent on # of scoops). Mixes better in cold drinks. Each scoop is about 6g of protein.
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Venti skinny iced caramel macchiato--- so good and doesn't taste skinny. I usually can't stand sugar free syrups. I think it's 170 calories.

Definitely one of my favorite drinks. Taste delicious with no guilt. Again I hate sf syrups but this hits the spot
  • ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Do yhey have almond milk ??? I always have my coffee made with it whenever possible , lower calories and good for you !!!