Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting my journey on PSMF and would like some friends on here committed to their goals as well!!

Hey there, I'm Kace! I have about 100 lbs to lose and I'm doing it with a Protein Sparing Modified Fast, 12 weeks on and two weeks off. I'd like to become friends with folks on here who have the same goal I do (to lose weight!) and are serious about it...so we can encourage each other :)

Replies

• bskaggs88
    bskaggs88 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi!! I am Brandy. I have been doing PSMF since March 12th. I was doing Weight Watchers since January. Since starting PSMF I have lost 35lbs and since January I have lost 50lbs total. All together I probably have about 110-120lbs to lose. So almost half way there!!. I am doing PSMF through my doctors office so they are letting me go 6 months on it before I have to come off.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    bskaggs88 wrote: »
    I am doing PSMF through my doctors office so they are letting me go 6 months on it before I have to come off.

If you know, is your diet similar to the ones posted online?
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Feel free to add me. I have 99 pounds to lose.
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Hi! I'm Carol. I started PSMF on June 1. I'm doing it with medical super vision, too. The diet's not as hard as I thought, but I'm sure as time goes on, I'll have challenges. I just made really sure I have everything on hand at home I could possibly need.
    One thing that's going on right now is that my Uric Acid is a little high. My doctor said that sometimes it happens, then goes back down after a few weeks, so I'm sticking to the diet and getting my level checked again next week. Has anyone else experienced that?
  • jenbdukes
    jenbdukes Posts: 2 Member
    Pls add me. I did 2 weeks and lost 7 lbs. I want to go 10 weeks to get to goal.
  • Verdenal
    So how did it go?
  • whosaiditwaseasy
    whosaiditwaseasy Posts: 19 Member
    Add me, already lost 100lbs so you can too!!!
  • Verdenal
    I'm considering starting a new PSMF. It's always a commitment that requires organization and planning.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    I do bursts of PSMF among more moderate deficits most days but keeping the core hyper-satiating & nutritious diet on moderate days so I've room for really anything. Down 53lbs since November 11th. (234 > 181 @ 5'11)
  • JimmyJam019
    JimmyJam019 Posts: 50 Member
    There is a lot of good info here. www.psmfdiet.com. Has a calculator too.
  • jcausey1
    jcausey1 Posts: 8 Member
    PSMF Diet? I've never heard of it. I am committed to losing at least 50 lbs and keeping it off. This time I want to learn how to keep it off.
  • rjes11388
    rjes11388 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm doing one through a doctor. I'm at a plateau right now and really frustrated..I snack on almonds too much maybe?
  • island_prodigy
    island_prodigy Posts: 18 Member
    Good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • jmitch6491
    jmitch6491 Posts: 24 Member
    Keep positive and everything will workout.
  • Verdenal
    rjes11388 wrote: »
    I'm doing one through a doctor. I'm at a plateau right now and really frustrated..I snack on almonds too much maybe?

Almonds aren't part of the core diet. They're all right for Refeeding days or when taking a break.
  • dinazidan87
    dinazidan87 Posts: 36 Member
    jenbdukes wrote: »
    Pls add me. I did 2 weeks and lost 7 lbs. I want to go 10 weeks to get to goal.

That is inspiring, i started, and today is my 3d day, i cant wajt to lose the wight i gain, i want to lose 22 pounds
    Let me as you in those days, have you ever ate chik fil A hahahhahah
    My God i love it and hope i can have it :D
  • maevexoo
    maevexoo Posts: 4 Member
    Would love to be added also. I started recently and I am planning on losing 15 pounds haha. Good luck on your weight loss journey :)