The Vita Sana- Row the World Challenge *Closed Thread*

Options

Replies

• kateistoned
    kateistoned Posts: 116
    Options
    LOVING the banner and REALLY excited!!! Any crew members - feel free to add me, I'd love to help support and motivate you all!

So all the crew members need to do is report (or make their diary public) their calories to you Lizzie when they are done each day and you take care of the rest? You rock for being our captain - THANK YOU!!!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! I figure its easier then sending everyone the spreadsheet and then collecting it when we have to turn it in to head honcho! Make your lives easier!! :D

It is my pleasure!
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks MissbusyLizzie for being our captain! I love the banner. I have my diary public. What time will you be updating the spreadsheet? Sometimes I work out well into the night. Or is it the following day?

I am excited about this challenge!!

Bree
  • Pete_Mann
    Pete_Mann Posts: 94
    Options
    How is Pete going to get 20 miles/day???

With an iPod in my ears and a smile on my face. Got 21 miles yesterday, boat miles :) I try to burn 1000 a day, so thats my 20 miles for the boat race.
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    How is Pete going to get 20 miles/day???

With an iPod in my ears and a smile on my face. Got 21 miles yesterday, boat miles :) I try to burn 1000 a day, so thats my 20 miles for the boat race.

That's awesome!!!
  • candirw
    candirw Posts: 22
    Options
    Sounds good to me, but I would like a copy of the spreadsheet. I think it would be good motivation to track how many "miles" I am personally doing and/or contributing. Would that be ok?
  • MissbusyLizzie
    Options
    I will probably pull the next day since we are all in different time zones! :)

Here is the spreadsheet:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnXDx87AShdldERYOHBpd19MeWVJM0ptRzJBRnQ4VEE&hl=en_US

Basically 50 calories burned = 1 mile
  • alvi002
    alvi002 Posts: 23
    Options
    i am excited for this but i still want to know how this works?
  • MissbusyLizzie
    Options
    If you find the original post about it, it explains it all. Basically you team burns calories to move your boat across a set path on a google map. Here is the map.http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004a634fce3156d39f06&msa=0&ll=50.211405,-3.973961&spn=0.122599,0.308647
    Every 50 calories burned = 1 mile. We keep track of our teams calories burned ona spreadsheet which converts it to miles traveled and then the head honcho uses the info and moves our boat on the map. The first team to finish the journey wins.
  • alvi002
    alvi002 Posts: 23
    Options
    i will just post here how much calories i burn each day if that ok with you
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    i'm excited for this challenge to start!
  • ReggaeNurse
    ReggaeNurse Posts: 140
    Options
    Hey team...I'm definitely excited to get this challenge going, and making some serious nautical miles (lol, is that what it's called?) around the world. I need another challenge to keep me accountable, and this will definitely do it.
  • MissbusyLizzie
    Options
    Hey crew!! Ready to start kicking some butt tomorrow?!
  • Pete_Mann
    Options
    I'm ready! I'm going to leave work early so I can get in a good two hours. Well that and I am going to a buffet tomorrow night. :bigsmile:
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    YES, let's blow the others out of the water!! Ready to burn here!! Plan on doing lots of yardwork tomorrow and other activities!!!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    Options
    I want to say, win or lose, I am proud to me competing with every one of you!! On that note, lets try to kick some but! hahah
  • MissbusyLizzie
    Options
    I want to say, win or lose, I am proud to me competing with every one of you!! On that note, lets try to kick some but! hahah

and by but, I mean butt! hahha

mental note: don't post after a day of moving.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Phew...I found you guys...

I'll be posting my calories burned on this thread.

I'm off to get an early bike ride in....Happy burning, everyone!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Friday calorie burn = 1,043. Definitely not enough! Tomorrow should be a bigger number!!
  • Pete_Mann
    Options
    I think 1000 calories is a damn fine burn!