cgoedert92 Posts: 29 Member
I need help with lunch ideas that aren't frozen meals. I am beyond tired of them and I know that they aren't they best for you. Please share Ideas that won't take a long time to prep.
What type of foods to do you like? I love chicken and it's versatile. You could cook up chicken breasts/tenderloins and put them in a salad, throw them in cooked veggies (love steamable veggies), put in pasta salad, make chx salad, or put in a wrap, etc.
I would also cook a salmon filet and reheat at work with some veggies or put in a salad.
You could cook some ground beef and have fixings for tacos with or without the tortillas. Just reheat the meat.
Vague questions -> vague answers. Combine one item, any item, from each of these groups: 1) protein 2) carb 3) vegetable. And voila, you have a meal.0
cheese and thin salami--Daniel's To Go brand
pre made store bought salads
cooked chicken legs
or other vegetables liked steamed broccoli
5 oz greek yogurt with fruit
peanut butter on crackers
half of an apple
Any combination of the above will be a good lunch.1
I take an entire box of lettuce to work, dump some tuna on it with hot sauce, maybe a wedge of laughing cow cheese or nutritional yeast and some yellow peppers and a little avocado. Nothing fancy. Fuel and go.1
Try this. Prep it on a Sunday and portion into 3 lunches for Mon, Tues, Wed. Great meal and dynamite for meeting nutritional goals.
Quinoa, Chiken, Kale and Pumpkin salad
2 cup cooked (92 g), Boiled Chicken Breast
1.50 Cup, Quinoa, Cooked - 1 Cup
1 cup 1" pieces, loosely packed, Kale, raw
1 large, Onions, raw
2 cup, cubes, Squash, winter, butternut, cooked, baked, without salt
16 OZ CAN CHICKPEAS, 16 oz Can Chickpeas
900 grams (1 cup 140 g), Dark Sweet Cherries Pitted0
- Whatever you make for supper, make an extra serving to warm up at lunch the next day.
- Bagged salad is easy and healthy. Add cherry tomatoes, sliced almonds, and vinaigrette for a low cal lunch.
- Bake a potato in your microwave at work. Fresh and fast. Goes with anything.
- Grill or poach extra chicken and use for lots of things: large piece and paired with a baked potato; shredded with BBQ sauce on a tortilla, pita, or bun; chopped to top a salad; chopped for chicken salad; shredded and spiced for tacos
- Microwaved quesadilla
- Egg salad or tuna salad to put in a pita
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 387.2K Introduce Yourself
- 42.7K Getting Started
- 258.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.9K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 317 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152.1K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 2.1K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 571 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.5K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions