what diets work best for you

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For me, eating a sensible, balanced, healthful diet within my calorie goals. I don't believe in special named diets for me and would go nuts if I tried to eat according to someone else's plan. I like to plan my own meals and choose my own food.
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I personally have a hard time controlling cravings and would binge after trying to restrict my calories. What worked for me was switching to a plant based diet. All of the foods I would binge contained animal products and I couldn't have them. And vegan junk food is expensive! Now I try to eat around 1800 calories on a whole food, plant based diet.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The "eat what I want as long as it fits in my slight deficit" diet. :)
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Just not eating junk food. Keep it clean and gym regular.
    Not a diet, think of it as lifestyle change and treat yourself now and then
  • tracidee366
    tracidee366 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto for the health benefits, but I'm keeping a calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • helen_demun
    helen_demun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For me, it's been tracking my calories with a food log because that's when I realized how many calories I was actually consuming (way too many!). So good old fashioned cutting calories. But I'm a huge food lover.. HUGE!! And I am not a fan of working out. So I eat a TON of protein-high foods to keep me full, and make them foods I like. My favorite diet foods ever are low in calories and high in protein. I also try and keep carbs and sugar as low as i can, but I mostly watch calories and fat.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    High protein. For ME I usually end up in a deficit or at maintenance if I simply hit my protein goal. Protein keeps me full longer and also helps with lifting recovery. If I have a low protein day, I likely eat a lot more calories.
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Eat food.
    Not too much.
    Mostly plants.

-Michael Pollan
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    consistently hitting my calorie targets. personally, I eat a pretty well rounded, balanced diet consisting largely of whole foods and minimally processed foods. Lots of veg, a couple servings of fruit, whole grains, legumes, whole food starches, lean proteins, and healthy fats...and some pizza now and then.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Over the past year and a half I have been over multiple diets such as Keto, IIFYM,clean eating etc. What do you think works best ??

I don't prescribe to the idea that a specific diet is "the best". There are many ways to reach a caloric deficit to include not changing your diet at all. Whatever you choose, make sure it is something sustainable and that you enjoy it. Another general principle that goes with any diet choice is to plan your meals as this will help with adherence. Tracking is important for most diets as well.
  • ninavalentine
    ninavalentine Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm older than most here so I probably approach it a bit differently but eating 1300-1500 mostly healthy calories a day and exercising (well, walking) 30 minutes a day netted me a 55 lb. loss in about a year's time. And I DO call it a diet because I find that being "on a diet" keeps me focused.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Eat meat.
    Not too little.
    Mostly fat.

-Some low carber

I think LCHF is best. For me.