Feeling a little down about myself

Options
I never ever hardly post on here but I have a date with an extremely ripped guy and fit person tomorrow and I'm feeling really down on myself and idk if I should go... I have lost a total of 14 pounds and was 178 and now am 164 and I'm 5'6. I'm no where near where j want to be, but j could really use some encouragement and some advice and whether or not I should even go.... This will be our first time meeting, he's seen pics of me even snaps but it's hard to give an accurate picture because of maybe good angles or good lighting. Just need some encouragement

Replies

• gonzalde
    gonzalde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Be yourself! You are who you are and trying to get in shape is you having to make a life style change. If he's interested, then he has to be patient. All in good time. Loosing weight and getting in shape takes time. Believe me, this is coming from a mom of three. I know it's difficult but have self confidence always. Good luck!
  • ddgx300
    ddgx300 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think you should go. Give yourself a chance. I can't see you but I bet you have more to offer. There are shallow men, but men get a bad rap sometimes. If you are funny, have a great smile and are fun to be with you would be surprised. I guess what I am saying is give both of you a chance. Never know what might happened. I met my wife on a kind of blind date, we fell in love. All through high school off an on and now we have been married for 14 years. Take a chance, I bet you are worth it.
  • maddibabess
    maddibabess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much... Sometimes it's really hard when you get so down on yourself. I know I've come so far in my weight loss journey and I don't want this whole thing to sound stupid. I know it's just a date, but I just want to be really confident and sometimes I think I'm very hard on myself. Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement it means so much to me
  • Ohiomom91
    Ohiomom91 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just read this comment you posted to someone else " You're beautiful in your own way inside and out! Remember to always be confident and screw people who want to put you down!!"
    If this man turns out to be shallow and doesn't want to get to know the real you then it's his loss. Who knows maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised and you'll have a great time
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ohiomom91 wrote: »
    I just read this comment you posted to someone else " You're beautiful in your own way inside and out! Remember to always be confident and screw people who want to put you down!!"
    If this man turns out to be shallow and doesn't want to get to know the real you then it's his loss. Who knows maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised and you'll have a great time

Exactly this!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are worried about. You are HOT!!! I hope he isn't shallow and that he takes the time to get to know the real you but even a shallow guy will fall over his own feet to go on date with you. In fact he should count himself lucky and if he doesn't, then he is an idiot and you don't want him anyway.
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I can assure you that he's probably nervous as well. If he's someone worth your time, he'll be interested in the entire you, not just the package.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I agree with the folks on here have already said, go and if the man is worth it, he won't care if you are the exact goal weight you want to be. Hopefully if he's the right type of guy, he will see your inner beauty (cheesy I know but its the most important thing in a relationship is to be compatible internally). Looks will change throughout life and beauty comes and goes. Its our beliefs, attitudes and personality that really matter. If he's a dedicated fitness guy, he'll see that you are into healthy living and that matters to you, which essentially is all any one should ever want. So go out, be yourself and enjoy what the date brings. If it works, great, if not there are many fish in the sea (I know cliche!).
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I have a date with an extremely ripped guy and fit person tomorrow

An extremely ripped / fit guy is still...just a guy. He has hopes, fears, dreams, anxieties just like you or me.

He may be nice, he may be a jerk, he may be the one. None of that is really worth worrying about. Life is waaaaaaaaay too short to waste it on holding yourself back. Go hang out.
  • DylsGrandma
    DylsGrandma Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am new here, so I am just now seeing this...but thought I would post for future reference :D .. any man that would judge you based on your size alone is not worthy of you. You are more than just your size and any man that can't see past that should be sent to the curb.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You will never know if you don't go. I hope extremely ripped guy and fit person and you have an awesome date, but if not, it likely won't be due to your weight.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Another guy chiming in. If he's into fitness, he'll probably love the fact that you are too (I would) it means you have something in common and something to talk about. It wouldn't matter to me whether someone was just starting out or more experienced than me, it's the same journey for everyone.

You look great, seriously.

Good luck and enjoy your date with a hot guy...

P.s. he's probably taking pics with flattering angles and lighting too.
  • merlosc33
    merlosc33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Go and enjoy your self don't focus where you are now focus where you are going to be it just take time I you will be awesome
  • maddibabess
    maddibabess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone being so supportive! It's hard to always be confident during the fitness journey especially when hitting challenges. I just get intimidated by people who are already so fit! I know I've come a long way but it's definitely a tough thing. Thank you to everyone for all the love and support I'm definitely going to go and just see now. Thank you guys <3 I'll post about how it went tonight
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're going. I'm online dating too so I know it's tough. As a fairly seasoned online dater, I'd like to offer you my best piece of advice: don't go into the date wondering if they will like YOU, wonder if you will like THEM.

Presumably, you are happy with yourself and know what you have to offer a man. If not, get happy with yourself before dating. Hold yourself with confidence and in high regard. And above all else...value your dignity more than you value affection from someone you don't know. You're worthy of love and the right man will like you no matter what.

Cheers.
  • Knight702015
    Knight702015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never ever hardly post on here but I have a date with an extremely ripped guy and fit person tomorrow and I'm feeling really down on myself and idk if I should go... I have lost a total of 14 pounds and was 178 and now am 164 and I'm 5'6. I'm no where near where j want to be, but j could really use some encouragement and some advice and whether or not I should even go.... This will be our first time meeting, he's seen pics of me even snaps but it's hard to give an accurate picture because of maybe good angles or good lighting. Just need some encouragement

Try this Maddi. Think more on the things you have accomplished and less on where you want to be. If you keep thinking about what you don't like you will never accomplish what you do want. Concerning the date. So he is ripped and in good shape does that mean you are not. You must have something he likes otherwise he would have never asked you out. I offer this realizing it is just MHO.
  • Knight702015
    Knight702015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone being so supportive! It's hard to always be confident during the fitness journey especially when hitting challenges. I just get intimidated by people who are already so fit! I know I've come a long way but it's definitely a tough thing. Thank you to everyone for all the love and support I'm definitely going to go and just see now. Thank you guys <3 I'll post about how it went tonight

Hello Again. If I may say so--it is not a fit body that keeps you feeling down. I feel confident you experience that same feelings when you were shaped like a model. The thing you lack the most is a mindset that you are a powerful lady who has accomplished much. Sure there are more mountains to cross but until you see your progress you will never attempt the venture. Try this as a mantra. My mind can conceive of me being as I would like therefore I can achieve it. This is -again-IMHO.