Low carb no carb

Options
sambrougham85
sambrougham85 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Been doing low carb religiously for a week now and have noticed a big difference..... However only now I'm hearing really bad reviews about it..... Plus still REALLLY craving sweet stuff and bread etc any hints tips or suggestions from people who have done the same would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, you need a sustained calorie deficit. What you need to do to get a sustained calorie deficit is up to you. Low carb isn't dangerous if done correctly, but if you crave carbs, maybe it isn't right for you.
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Depending on what protocol you're following you might wanna eat a lot of green leafy vegetables. Water is essential and multi vitamins wouldnt hurt. The cravings get easier after a the first two weeks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Low carb is a good fit for some people. If you have medical issues you have an extra incentive to watch carbs.

I don't do low carb, because for me it would not be a lifestyle change. I would hate to get to goal without figuring out portion sizes for (some) of my favorite foods. Banning sweets temporarily does not teach me anything. Keeping the weight off will mean managing ALL foods (for me).
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm about 40 carb-30-30. in my usual eating habit I'm 50+ carb. I don't know how many carb grams 40% comes out to but cutting this much has helped though I still crave I'm not dying.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Low fun no fun.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Been doing low carb religiously for a week now and have noticed a big difference..... However only now I'm hearing really bad reviews about it..... Plus still REALLLY craving sweet stuff and bread etc any hints tips or suggestions from people who have done the same would be greatly appreciated

What bad reviews are you worried about? People tend to love it or hate it. I've had pretty good success, personally. There's another thread somewhere around here asking about pros and cons, I'll try to find it and post a link.

It's definitely not for everybody, but you will probably want to give it more than a couple of weeks. There are also different implementations of low and lowER carb as well. If you have questions, you should try asking in this low carb group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group.

ETA: Here's the thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10393561/pros-and-cons-of-keto/p1 This one is only concerned with Keto which is just one application of low carb.
  • tanyacwilson
    tanyacwilson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Low carb is the only diet that works for me. I love how it shuts off my desire to overeat. My health screenings are always better when I have ate a low carb plan. Good luck. Do what works for you!
  • BarbellBabe87
    BarbellBabe87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good thing soooo many people are doing low/no carb. It leaves more for me! :Dfz4t7x5vjx3k.jpg
    On a serious note though, carbs are not bad. There are pros and cons but one thing I know for sure is that dieting is already miserable enough, cut out sugar and well I might as well just die lol