Accidentally ate a fat after workout

Options
So after my workout I had a quest bar and then a tablespoon of almond butter , did I just ruin my progress for that workout by having a healthy fat ?

Replies

• rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    No.
  • filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What does that have to do with your workout? I would change your quest bar for some real food though. Almond butter (unsweetened) is perfect for post workout reloading.
  • DVall30
    DVall30 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Its over u ruined everything!!! Jk nah your good
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Healthy fat or even regular fat (whatever that means) doesn't make you fat, a surplus in calories is what makes you fat.

Your fine OP. :)
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What is this a joke ?
    Really you ate food oh no >_> healthy fats are good just eat well through out the day , it doesn't destroy a workout what you eat afterwards ( granted you don't want to shovel down a mass amount of coke and McDonald's) just keep to your macros and cals
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    What does that have to do with your workout? I would change your quest bar for some real food though. Almond butter (unsweetened) is perfect for post workout reloading.
    How so? What does it actually improve?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    No. I eat foods all day, every day. Hit your macros and calorie goals is all that matters.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    So after my workout I had a quest bar and then a tablespoon of almond butter , did I just ruin my progress for that workout by having a healthy fat ?

You exercised and you ate some food that you like - all sounds good to me.

Really worrying about timing of eating after a workout, or what kinds of food you eat after a workout makes virtually zero difference to 99.9% of the population.

Enjoy your exercise, enjoy your food in the correct quantities over the course of a day (or even a few days) and you will be fine.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What is this a joke ?
    Really you ate food oh no >_> healthy fats are good just eat well through out the day , it doesn't destroy a workout what you eat afterwards ( granted you don't want to shovel down a mass amount of coke and McDonald's) just keep to your macros and cals

What if a mass amount of coke and McDonald's fit my calories, macros and overall nutritional goals?
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    What is this a joke ?

What if a mass amount of coke and McDonald's fit my calories, macros and overall nutritional goals?

Then your choice . Like to see a diet that that works with an doesn't kill you off :p
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

And you're still alive?

As others have said no big deal. Meal timing around exercise is majoring in the minors
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    What is this a joke ?

Somewhere, Chad Johnson/Ochocinco is laughing at this.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    What is this a joke ?

Then your choice . Like to see a diet that that works with an doesn't kill you off :p

Three or four McDonald's McDoubles (or two Big Macs) is frequently an important part of my diet and has been for many decades now. Still in excellent condition and with excellent metabolic markers.

Oh, and still alive too.

(But it probably only works for me because I don't believe McDonald's food is magical (or anti-magical).)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Thread title this was an accident. Did the OP file an incident report? How does one accidentally consume food? Does this explain those Suggestion threads where people ask to add a feature where the app will notify them if they are meat?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Nope. Fat doesn't make us fat, eating too much of anything does...