What's your favorite healthy meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    There is a sonoma diet recipe for stuffed chicken that I LOVE though I modify it a bit. The original recipe stuffs the chicken with feta and cooked spinach, but she has a variant that uses mushrooms that have been cooked in wine and garlic. I use the mushroom variation and goat cheese instead of feta and it is AMAZING. Also a big fan of mashed cauliflower - boil it up till soft, mash, mix in chicken base, parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, and maybe a bit of cream cheese. Sooo good and can occasionally be passed off as mashed potatoes to unsuspecting small children ; ). Also most days I include a multigrain roll - pepperidge farm makes my favorite. All that for under 500 calories. Maybe throw in some broccoli or green beans if I'm really hungry.

In general I find that abundant seasoning is the key to enjoyable healthy food.
  • Elwin12
    Elwin12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am eating mostly the same thing every breakfast and lunch. Breakfast: one cup coffee with silk soy creamer; one over easy egg + one slice of canadian bacon in a low carb wrap. Eaten in the car on the way to work. Snack: Luna Protein bar or 2% Chobani yogurt or homemade iced coffee (which is a real appetite killer for me). Lunch: spring mix salad, olive oil, red wine vinegar, crumbled feta, canned salmon or hard boiled eggs or some other protein, grape tomatoes. Minimum 4 cups of salad. Dinner: can of soup or protein and veggie. I'm thinking that this is just the way I have to live now for 90% of my meals. I still go to Chinese Buffet, Indian Buffet, other restaurants but don't eat a lot, mostly. Cookies sometimes, just three. Chocolate sometimes, one or two squares dark chocolate. I am not bored yet, really. And I feel a lot better without a whole lotta carbs. 13 pounds lost in two months!
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Baked chicken, baked red potato, and some thawed frozen broccoli. I have a good way of baking the chicken, light parmesan and Panko coating with garlic. It's really good. And very simple cause I'm a simple kinda man, like that Skynyrd song.
  • vhuang121
    vhuang121 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm super lazy so I easy prep is important. So I like celery with a little peanut butter or crack open a can of tuna with a little mayo. These are my go to snacks
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal of the day is breakfast. I like eating a verity of things like; eggs, fresh fruit, Gluten free plain oatmeal with Pb2 mixed in, Tripple Zero Greek yogurt with protein powder or chia seeds mixed in, and almonds. If I'm going to the gym in the morning I eat a Protein bar just before my workout.
  • 100poundsx
    100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas guys!
  • centermom71
    centermom71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just made this stew and it was so yummy - http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/slow-cooker-irish-beef-stew/
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Stirfry, turkey meatballs, turkey burgers, stuffed bell peppers, fish tacos, slow cookers chicken chili. There are lots of options. I post recipes every once in awgile if youd like to add me.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    24 ounce Ribeye with Horse radish or Blue cheese, mushrooms and Onions grilled in butter

That is on the menu this evening but with Blue Cheese and it will not be quite 24 oz. Don't quite have the calorie allotment for that today. I am really looking forward to it.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Some of my go to dinners....
    - Meatloaf, rice, steamed green beans.
    - Baked chicken (seasoned anyway I like), rice, steamed green beans.
    - Turkey burger patty, rice, corn

So basically a lean protein with rice and steamed veg. It's easy to meal prep a whole weeks worth.
  • j_smith30
    j_smith30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think I could pick a favorite healthy meal. For sure spaghetti with red sauce and venison meatballs would be one. But thick cut pork chops cook on the grill with cinnamon apples and collard greens would also be one. And I absolutely love brussel sprouts sautéed with smoked sausage. Chicken marsala is another favorite, as is pineapple, onion, arugula and hot Italian sausage pizza. And my husband makes the best blackened catfish I've ever tasted. That is a definite favorite with any veggie side. He also makes a mean jambalaya that I'd never say no too.

Geez, I could go on and on. Sorry I don't have any links but I don't use recipes when I cook.

How do you cook your collards?