36hours Fasting

Options
Hi Guys n Gals,

I am almost done with my 36hours water fasting, I'll be breaking by fast with 2 mid sized apples and coconut water... What methods to other use to break their fast. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    That's really not a healthy or sustainable way to lose weight.
  • samsonquadros
    samsonquadros Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Why the HECK would you do that?

For last 15days I was on intermittent fast.... Plus it was a low key weekend with no activity.... That's how I made up my mind to try 36hours water fast.... It was smooth as butter... No fatigue just a Lil hunger pangs that's it.... Hoping for a detox...
  • samsonquadros
    samsonquadros Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    That's really not a healthy or sustainable way to lose weight.

I know, thus was for the weekend only.... Was Lil confused on breaking the fast.... I was thinking of keeping it clean with fruits.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    36 hours is not a long enough time to worry about breaking fast, but I would keep it to liquids for the first couple of hours, preferably some kind of fresh vegetable juice (I like carrot or tomato juice for that). Fasting this long is not really that necessary though, but some people enjoy it. As long as you don't go overboard fasting for longer periods you should be fine.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You will have just lost water weight, and will regain it all back unless you have a healthy long-term strategy for eating the foods you like within your calorie limit.

"Detoxing" is pseudoscience.

Well done for asking questions here. The forum Community can be very helpful.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Is he fasting for weight loss or for some other reason. It's a little mysterious. Ah "detox", never mind.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Is he fasting for weight loss or for some other reason. It's a little mysterious. Ah "detox", never mind.

He seems to be fasting for 'detox' ... I can't even find the strength within to tackle this nonsense one one more time...
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    *drink fresh vegetable and fruit juice*
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Something small - it doesn't matter what it is as long as it's only a few hundred calories. Four or five hours after that I can eat a full meal without any issue.
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Why water fast?
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I make sure I break a fast with protein powder or any other source of complete protein.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    No...strength.....to........fight...........nonsense................

Quick get this girl some Vitamin Water!
  • lakefunn
    lakefunn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello .. Congrats on finishing your fast. I know that fasting is very therapeutic. Most people "do not get it". Anyway, I find that yogurt is a very good fast-breaker.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    lakefunn wrote: »
    Hello .. Congrats on finishing your fast. I know that fasting is very therapeutic. Most people "do not get it". Anyway, I find that yogurt is a very good fast-breaker.

Let me guess, me sharing the scientifically proven and medically accepted fact that a water fast does not detox your body and that a functioning liver and kidneys do all the "detoxing" your body needs means I'm one of the people that "do not get it"?

If you want to do a water fast (or any other fast) to make your self feel better mentally, go for it, but it will not cause a detoxing of your body. You can't change a scientific fact by merely wanting a different result.

And drop the mic.

THIS!