Opinions on isagenix?

Options
I'm thinking on starting isagenix to kick off my weight loss, a lot of close family have lost a lot of weight on it. I just wanted second opinions!

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    What does your manual say? Mine says my model year needs no added cleansing. YMMV
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's woo designed to scam gullible people. Don't be those people.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Second opinion:

0avscqqdnqjr.gif

It's a useless MLM scam and the only person who benefits from it is the one selling it to you.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Second opinion:

0avscqqdnqjr.gif

It's a useless MLM scam and the only person who benefits from it is the one selling it to you.

9ty1zogacg9e.jpg

:)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Any pill/drink/powder that is being sold by someone who just paid to have a "business starter kit" and is now promoting weight loss - just run. At least then are burning more calories than the crap they are pushing.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago. Steer clear. It's not worth the small fortune to hand over to this MLM. Just eat less than you burn. You can do this-feel free to add me, I comment and support where I can.

Do you know what happens when you stop buying their shake system? You start gaining weight. The "cleanse" system they sell you is two shakes a day and a lunch 500 cals and under of your choice (2011 is when I did this. Obviously things could be different now but this was my experience). Each shake is 240 calories. You're only eating 980 calories tops per day. And the detox day? You drink 16oz of the most disgusting liquid you can imagine. And that's all you have all day aside from chalky little "chocolate" discs. IIRC it was roughly 200cal that day. Not worth it, OP. You can lose the weight without handing your hard earned dollars to this scam company.
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Its one of the most silly things ever. Everyone I know on it got jacked at losing 10-18 lbs in the first month, which isn't uncommon when your starting out anyway, didn't learn a thing and just piled the weight back on later. There is no quick fix.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The only supplement I've used is nutritional yeast, which I eat just for the flavor and B vitamins. That being said, I've managed to lose over 40lbs! You definitely DON'T need supplements in order to lose weight. You're better off saving your money and making sustainable lifestyle changes.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Garbage
  • maggieknight315
    maggieknight315 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried it before and it made me terribly sick. I could not digest the shakes and bars and I ended up in the hospital. My doctor said it is all garbage.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Usually these things are scams/do not work, but even besides that, weight loss pills/shakes etc are not a good idea because you do not learn anything on how to make a lifestyle change to keep the weight off in the future. Sure, it may help you lose 10-20 lbs at first, but once you lose that weight, what have you actually learned to help you keep that weight off? Nothing. Its a quick fit that may or may not work, and does not teach you anything on how to exercise or proper nutrition. That's why I believe weight loss pills/shakes are a bad idea.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I know someone who sells it. By the way she talks, I would have thought that she lost a big amount--nope, turns out in years of taking it, she only lost 30 pounds. Lately, it looks like she has gained all of that back.

You can do better with real food.
  • melissanorth35
    melissanorth35 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I foolishly bought into it and hated the shakes, but was too lazy to turn off delivery. I ended up with 24 unopened shake cans (yes, crazy!).

They had been sitting in the house collecting dust and one day my husband got sick of them and decided to drink them as meal replacements. He drank 1-2 a day and added a banana and some PB. In the course of a year he dropped from 280-230. He of course was exercising and making better choices, but it did help him. He's also thr type to be happy with a daily shake or 2 so he doesn't have to think about what to eat. He's the type of person who can be happy constantly eating the same thing (not me!).

So for him it worked and he has kept the weight off for a few years now. Once he ran out of shakes hr never bought more and no longer drinks his meals. He has also never calorie counted either.

With that said, i would still strongly advise against it. If you want to go the shake route there are many others out there that taste better and are way cheaper.