Keto - LCHF diet!

Options
Hi just wondering for those doing LCHF what success you have had and what an average day looks like in terms of meals and snacks??

Replies

• beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great Topic would love to see some ideas too!
  • kellymae04
    kellymae04 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm only 8 days in, have lost 5.5lbs! I have been having some sort of eggs and additional protein and avocado for breakfast, lunch is usually protein/cheese either a salad or left overs, dinner I've been having meat and veggies! I add butter in, cook with coconut oil. It's been harder to get my fat macros in than it has been to limit the carbs!
  • aimos87
    aimos87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    kellymae04 wrote: »
    Hey!! I'm only 8 days in, have lost 5.5lbs! I have been having some sort of eggs and additional protein and avocado for breakfast, lunch is usually protein/cheese either a salad or left overs, dinner I've been having meat and veggies! I add butter in, cook with coconut oil. It's been harder to get my fat macros in than it has been to limit the carbs!

That's awesome results. Do u snack or just 3 meals a day? Also with your brekkys etc do u measure everything out or eat until full?

• Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There's a Low Carb group you can search for and join for more support with Keto! Lots of experience and success stories!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

That said, I follow a LCHF WOE. It's been just shy of 21 months eating this way for me which is (now) very easy and sustainable though it was a bit of a challenge in the beginning and took some time and work to get used to. I started out weighing 300 pounds (not kidding!!). So far have successfully eliminated 158 pounds. My diary is open if you want to see examples of what an average day looks like in meals / snacks keeping in mind that everyone doing LCHF does NOT eat the same way because we all have to find what macros work best for the needs our of individual bodies. Mine are 80% fat, 10% protein (I usually fall in the 8-13% range here), 10% carbs (I usually fall in the 7-12% range here). Of course, what people like and do not like to eat, taste-wise, also plays into personal menu choices. I generally do no snack, unless you count a couple of bouillon cubes dissolved in the appropriate amount of water (which I have twice a day), as a snack. During the weekdays, I do usually eat 3 meals a day. During the week-ends, even though I log them as 3 meals, I often eat 2 larger meals just because it's easier for me to. Yes, I weigh everything I put in my mouth with a digital scale and log meticulously.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I eat LCHF (average between 50-80g per day). Lost 50 lbs in seven months nearly three years ago and kept it off since. My diary is open.
  • aimos87
    aimos87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've just requested to join the group:) how do I view your diaries? Do I need to add you first?
  • Nyteravyn
    Nyteravyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't say i'm just starting out but I'm trying. I've tried hard not to eat real carbs for quite some time now. I really want to get in it but I am finding it difficult to add so much "fat" in my diet. Any suggestions???
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    aimos87 wrote: »
    Thanks I've just requested to join the group:) how do I view your diaries? Do I need to add you first?

Mine is open to the public so need to friend me in order to see it (although you can still friend me if you want).
  • bryn11036
    bryn11036 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto (for the most part!) since 2014. I started at 127, and am now currently at 115. I was at 113 for quite some time until I started having "cheat days". I'm trying to lose the last 10 pounds, but because it's such a small amount of weight, it's been really hard to lose. I do a sort of intermittent fasting (not really intentionally though) day to day. I sip on a coffee mug of bulletproof coffee throughout the day and have a dinner in the evening. I don't usually eat a lunch because I'm either not very hungry or too busy to eat, so I'll have a string cheese or an egg if I have time or if I'm sort of hungry. Keto has made it so I'm not particularly hungry throughout the day, and the fat that is in the coffee keeps me satiated and energized until dinner time :) Hope that helps!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    bryn11036 wrote: »
    I sip on a coffee mug of bulletproof coffee throughout the day and have a dinner in the evening. I don't usually eat a lunch because I'm either not very hungry or too busy to eat, so I'll have a string cheese or an egg if I have time or if I'm sort of hungry. Keto has made it so I'm not particularly hungry throughout the day , and the fat that is in the coffee keeps me satiated and energized until dinner time :) Hope that helps!

I'm trying to reduce carbs and focus more on protein and that's what I'm also observing. The bolded part. On off days I tend to eat a decent size breakfast and/or lunch with lots of carbs (due to boredom and circumstance) and ironically I'd feel hungrier by afternoon.