telling your husbands,boyfriends how much you weigh?

Options
124»

Replies

• weightedcloud
    Options
    I would lie.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've never told him, he's never asked. However, I've never lied about it. I wouldn't be so embarrassed about it if we weren't so close in weight. He's 6'1" and very thin. Lots of muscle definition, but still very lean. When he is full on lifting weights he's about 180, but I didn't know him at the time. Now that he's not lifting weights, he's 150-155. I was 150-155 for the longest time while we were dating/engaged/and then newly married. I've now lost about 10 pounds. I think when I hit my goal weight I'll have no problem telling him what I weigh, but for right now it's still embarrassing knowing that I'm close to what he weighs. Just being honest. But he probably couldn't care less lol.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When me and my fiance started dating 3 years ago i was embarassed to tell him how much i weighed. During the first two years of us being together i gained 60 lbs!! I realized that since he helped me put it on, i knew i could count on him to help me take it off. We are very open with each other, we weigh in together and we are eachother's motivators. I think it's good to be able to weigh in with him, it shows the trust we have in eachother :)
  • LivingFit
    LivingFit Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there-- I am happily married to my spouse who has no clue what my weight is. I really don't feel the need to share my weight with him and he never has asked -- the number on the scale doesn't really matter--i have come to realize that my goal is not a number-it's more about how i feel in my clothes and how i am impacting my health . I had been an aerobic instructor for many years and have more muscle mass than others my height 5'4"--so i will never have a small 125lb number on the scale... if i'm sporting a toned body---I'm happy!

But everyone has different dynamics in their relationships with their significant others.....if you feel that you benefit from sharing that information---- do it....just don't put yourself in a situation where you will be scrutinized or defined by a number,

Just my opinion...
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yep. We both put on a lot of weight when we started going out.
    He knows and i know his. We are doing this together and weigh in together.
    I was with my ex for 8 years and NEVER once told him my weight that says it all.
    My boyfriend has lost 19 pounds and i am so proud of him.
    We have a bit of friendly competition and banter.
    He comes running with me even though he could run for a hour straight he still runs at my slow pace just to support me.
    Suppose thats why i dont mind telling him. Anyone else hell no lol
  • bossymom
    bossymom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been married to my hubby for over 18 years, and I've never told him my weight. I can talk to him about anything else, EXCEPT for THAT! :/
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My FI and I weigh in together pretty frequently. He loved me at 170, he loved me at 220, and I'm sure he'll love me at 140.

Of course I'm a pretty open book and will tell anyone anything they want to know.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I am not ashamed of my weight and have to weigh in at judo tournaments ...my hubby and sensei and kids know how much I weigh because of that...and at those tournaments we try sizing up the competition so to speak...LOL...with that said we don't discuss it...why would we..this is my journey...I haven't asked his opinion...and except for last year when I dropped an additional 8-10 lbs during marathon training and I looked like crap what I want to hear is that he is proud of my efforts etc...and maybe that I look hot...but I can get that from my friends too...they know how skinny jeans should look and appreciate rock star shoes better than my hubby who just wants to be with me.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    When I was married I had to walk on eggshells and often filter what I shared. He was very judgy and very negative and would fixate on how I COULD change to be better. It made life easier to avoid obvious traps by just omitting stuff.

Now.. I believe that omitting or filtering yourself is such an indicator of bad stuff. I know this isn't really the same but it is a piece of the puzzle for me. Its what I weigh.. So now.. even when I am scared of the response, I push to be open and honest and true to myself . ALL NEW MISTAKES (is my mantra)!!!

So .. short version is my super great boyfriend knows what I weigh.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've been with my husband for 15 years and have NEVER told him my weight, high or low. Not a shame issue, just something I keep to myself. Also, we don't fart in front of each other. Mystery keeps things fresh. :)
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    I am married and nothin' is keep secret...personally I don't think my Husband cares how much I weight...I am lookin' HOT to him each day :wink:

My husband thinks that same thing....he doesn't care if I lose weight or not because he still thinks that I look hot either way :) Although him and I are working out and doing this together and so I am very open about it.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I've been with my husband for 15 years and have NEVER told him my weight, high or low. Not a shame issue, just something I keep to myself. Also, we don't fart in front of each other. Mystery keeps things fresh. :)
    Not farting helps keep things fresh too. :laugh:
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    He's like a freakin giant next to me, I'm only 5 ft. So he's always assumed I weighed less than I actually do, and that's just because I'm short.

Haha! Mine thinks that same thing as I am only 5 ft. and he is 5' 10. :)
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    My husband refused to believe I was overweight at all, much less 35 pounds overweight. I stood on the scale in front of him and said 'SEEEEEE!". He kind of harumphed and said 'Well, you look perfect to me'. :-)

But after he saw the number and how much it upset me, he's been very supportive.

yours sounds like mine! such sweet guys!

They both sound like mine also :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    He knows how much I weigh, doesn't matter. He also doesn't care, so long as there's enough butt for him to admire, he's cool with whatever weight I am. Besides, he's always been a terrible judge of weight, so he always guesses that I weigh a lot less than I actually do, which I don't have issues with. :bigsmile:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've never told him, he's never asked. However, I've never lied about it. I wouldn't be so embarrassed about it if we weren't so close in weight. He's 6'1" and very thin. Lots of muscle definition, but still very lean. When he is full on lifting weights he's about 180, but I didn't know him at the time. Now that he's not lifting weights, he's 150-155. I was 150-155 for the longest time while we were dating/engaged/and then newly married. I've now lost about 10 pounds. I think when I hit my goal weight I'll have no problem telling him what I weigh, but for right now it's still embarrassing knowing that I'm close to what he weighs. Just being honest. But he probably couldn't care less lol.

That totally sounds like my boyfriend. He's about 6'2", and incredibly lean, weighting anywhere from 165-175, depending on how stressed he is. When I was pregnant, I actually weighed about 20lbs MORE than he did, and after I gave birth, I weighed around what he does. He never asked because he didn't care, but I almost felt the same way for a little while, haha.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Oh good gravy, no. He doesn't need to have a heart attack. lol
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    Oh good gravy, no. He doesn't need to have a heart attack. lol

I just love this...totally made me laugh.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    He knows. Even if I didn't actually say it out loud to him (which I do), he'd know. The man is insanely good at guessing people's weight. He could join the carnival and do it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    He didnt know when i was up to 160lbs but when i started on here he joined to and i told him. I tell everyone my weight now. I weigh 145lb and i am not fat at all. I would love to just build muscle and stick around at this weight. I dont want to be thin I love having curves.