Whats in your shake??

Options
kaybrose730
kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
Looking for some new meal replacement shake ideas!

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just bought Jillian Michaels Vanilla Cream -- can you say gross? I can. Gross.
    I normally buy AMP Whey in Chocolate from GNC. I'm going to go back to that brand after I choke down this JM stuff,

I normally throw PB and a half a frozen banana with 1/2 c skim milk. It's pretty good!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these! (I add a scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder, and leave the sugar out altogether)

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
    http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/28466/Pumpkin-Pie-Smoothie/detail.aspx
  • RyeLite
    RyeLite Posts: 17
    Options
    Pre-Workout... 1 scoop of Whey, 1 Cup of Whole Milk, 1 Apple...
    Post-workout 1 Scoop of Whey 1 Scoop of Casien, 2 Cups Whole Milk, 40 Grams of Dextrose

I use Optimun Nutrition Whey and Casien. the Vanilla is pretty good and doesnt clump much...
  • Iluvcheezits
    Iluvcheezits Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh that's funny - my first thought was - "about 10 pounds of back fat" LOL

For me - frozen strawberries, dash of blueberries, OJ, yogurt and a smidge of protein powder - nothing cool but tasty for breakfast!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I make a smoothie with milk, yogurt, frozen fruit and a scoop of protein powder. I like unflavored protein powder, all the flavored ones I have tried are way too sweet for me.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Looking for some new meal replacement shake ideas!

vanilla protein powder, 1% milk, plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, oatmeal, frozen fruit (usually berries) and honey or no sugar added jam for added sweetness.
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    I LOVE these! (I add a scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder, and leave the sugar out altogether)

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
    http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/28466/Pumpkin-Pie-Smoothie/detail.aspx

I cannot wait to try this! My kids LOVE pumpkin pie so I'll bet they LOVE this!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    If I use chocolate protein: soy milk, ice, flax oil, ff plain yogurt, and either pb, coco, or a banana.
    If I use banana protein: milk, yogurt, flax oil, banana, or other fruit
    If I use mint chocolate protein: milk, plain yogurt, flax oil, sometimes a banana, pb, or a scoop of chocolate protein.
    If I use vanilla protein: milk, flax oil, yogurt, and either peaches, mango, banana, blueberries, coco, coffee extract, or nuts and some maple syrup :-p
  • princilam99
    princilam99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey Protein Powder- Chocolate, 1 scoop.
    PB2 Peanut Butter Powder, 2 tbsp.
    Almond Breeze Unsweetened Chocolate Milk, 8 oz.
    1 semi-frozen banana
    Cinnamon, 1 tsp.
    Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp.

(As you can see, I like chocolate)

I vary up the fruit, sometimes bananas, sometimes strawberries. Sometimes I omit the cinnamon or the peanut butter powder. It all depends on what I am craving!

Nutrition Facts:
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber
    311 43g 8g 27g 60mg 356mg 17g 10g
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Post work out shake lately has been:
    Chocolate protein shake mix
    Vanilla Almond Milk
    1 banana.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I usually use Optimum Nutrition extreme milk chocolate whey, a banana and 1% milk. If I'm trying to up the calories to make it more like a meal, I'll add in a tbsp or two of pb. Sometimes I also use dark chocolate almond milk.
  • leeloolilo
    leeloolilo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love this one!

1 scoop 100% natural whey protein (chocolate flavor)
    1 tbs all natural (no salt added) peanut butter
    4 icecubes
    8oz water

Blend until creamy on high (or whatever your processer/food processor grinds ice best at) and enjoy. This is bomb.com! Nummy peanutbutter cup flavor and only around 180 cal if you get low cal protein. Great post workout too!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I use Isopure Zero Creamy Vanilla (No carbs, no sugars). I like to add non-fat yogurt or greek yogurt and strawberries, blueberries, and PB* . . . makes it taste like a PB& J. Or sometimes I do cinnamon and apples to make an apple pie shake. I have also done orange to make like a Creamsicle type shake.

*You could also substitute the peanut butter with raw almonds or almond butter to still get the nutty taste

I usually use 1/2 dropper of Liquid Stevia and a little bit of Trader Joes Pure Bourbon Vanilla to add a little more taste.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • susanb_16
    susanb_16 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use Visalus. I make a variety but my favorite is chocolate almond milk, chocolate pb2. Tastes like a reese peanut butter cup.
    You can learn more about it here. www.susanbierbaum.myvi.net
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels vanilla cream and blend it with Silk unsweetened almond milk. Yum!
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    These sound great! I'm new to thr protein shake world and have been experimenting with different flavors and combos.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Its all meat baby ( / ) ( | ) ( \ ) ........ Oh wait not that kind of shake......

On a serious note mine has:

Syntrax Marcellar vanilla 1scoop
    1/2 of a banana
    1cup of almond milk
    1tbs of PB2 with chocolate (<- low cal peanut butter only 45 calories for 2tbs)
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like: vanilla protein powder, oatmeal, 1/2 a banana, frozen mixed berries, almond milk, some ice cubes and spinach ... don't knock it till you try it!!
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was reading your advice about the whey shakes, I have been losing but very slowly now. HW 321 SW 288 CW 195 and I'm just losing like 2 or 3 every month do you have any adivce for me on faster weight loss. I'm doing atleast 1 hour class at gym. I have tendonitis in my ankle so I had to slow down but evern doing noon classes and 2 hours in evening, it is slow. I'd appreciate any advice. I can't wait to see atleast 174 but am craving the 155!!! Congratulations to you!!