Protein powder recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    sarabushby wrote: »
    Ok help me out here... So I'd never heard of 'Kodiak Cakes' so I googled it. I found a 'power cakes' protein packed flapjack and waffle mix. Is that the stuff? I don't get how one mix can make both waffles and flapjacks because they're so different. One is fluffy and cake like the other is made from oats, butter & syrup. Can anyone explain?

It's pancakes, not English flapjacks.
  • tamyena
    tamyena Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth something awful and I love chocolate! So, I have this delicious protein shake at least once a day and it just takes away all my sugary and chocolate cravings like that!! I usually drink this (post workout) and it helps me gain my protein back right away without using up my muscle tissue. Here it is:

1 scoop protein powder
    1 frozen banana
    2 cups sugar free almond milk (30 calories/cup)
    dash of real vanilla
    2 T unsweetened cocoa

Blend in your blender and it's so delicious!! You can even freeze it and eat it like ice cream late, if you choose.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    do yourself a huge favor and buy Kodiak cakes.. mix a half cup of that and a half scoop of protein powder... and boom youll have the most amazing protein pancakes ever!

This was legit amazing. I ate it for lunch the last 4 days.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    do yourself a huge favor and buy Kodiak cakes.. mix a half cup of that and a half scoop of protein powder... and boom youll have the most amazing protein pancakes ever!

This was legit amazing. I ate it for lunch the last 4 days.

Lol I've had them twice already (with the honey buttermilk mix - got to try the dark chocolate power cakes with some cookies and cream powder next, lol).
  • CarolynNickles
    CarolynNickles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I'm missing Starbucks I add a scoop to coffee along with a tsp of coconut oil and throw it in the blender. Amazing. Also use strong tea instead of coffee. Yesterday was a mint chocolate tea with the vanilla protein powder and coconut oil. That was the best ever.
  • puddles1450
    puddles1450 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I'm missing Starbucks I add a scoop to coffee along with a tsp of coconut oil and throw it in the blender. Amazing. Also use strong tea instead of coffee. Yesterday was a mint chocolate tea with the vanilla protein powder and coconut oil. That was the best ever.

I am new to protein shakes, so please pardon the silly question. This sounds fabulous, but do you use brewed coffee? TIA!