Old ME..Not a good me.

124»

Replies

• ilovelucy1930
    ilovelucy1930 Posts: 21 Member
    I am in your position when you started. I'm currently 173lbs and I started working out last week but then I digress, then start again.

How did you keep going each day? Sometimes I focus to much and psyche myself.

I don't very much like my belly fat, this is the MOST I've ever weighed.

I try exercising 30 minutes a day but then quit and tell myself what's the point. But then that happened to me when I weighed 155lbs then the rest is history...

Assistance?
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Nina_Ekoko Posts: 36 Member
    I am in your position when you started. I'm currently 173lbs and I started working out last week but then I digress, then start again.

How did you keep going each day? Sometimes I focus to much and psyche myself.

I don't very much like my belly fat, this is the MOST I've ever weighed.

I try exercising 30 minutes a day but then quit and tell myself what's the point. But then that happened to me when I weighed 155lbs then the rest is history...

Assistance?

Of course-
    It is hard.... I gave up for a whole year. I would go three days, and stop 10. and I still give up. I don’t have my goal body, and it’s been four years. but i am learning every single day.
    You have to push yourself for the first two weeks. Find someone (gym buddy?), something (your goal, that treat meal), anything that will make you go.... The first two weeks are the devils work. the second week is the worst. you will be sore, tired, annoyed, angry, sleepy, lazy, unmotivated...just keep going.
    Once the two weeks are over, you will start to feel better inside. maybe more energy, better skin, happiness cause by the release of endorphins. little by little, you will start to create a habit, and a new lifestyle. Make it fun! reward yourself with new gym shoes, new gym clothes, Pinterest and make healthy fun and delicious recipes...

At the end of the day: You have to do it for yourself. You have to remember every single day why you are doing this. You have to understand that in order to love, you must start with yourself. No one on this planet can care for you like you can. don’t psyche yourself out, because that causes stress, and stress causes belly fat (cortisol). don’t hang out with negative people. don’t put yourself in stressful situations. don’t stress the little things. Have a seat, feel the chair under your bum, and just breathe...listen to yourself inhale and exhale, and just live in that moment....and everything will be ok.

Don’t think about it as "i need to work out to get skinny". Think about it as "you time". Do things you enjoy.... there are so many option to fitness, lifting, running, plyometric, Zumba, yoga, whatever you like.

Next thing you know, you will start to shed the pounds... and then people will start asking you "how did you do it?", and then you get to share your story. don’t be embarrassed, or ashamed... be proud. you can do it!
    and if you need accountability, i am here. send me a message. :)
  • lollysim
    lollysim Posts: 5 Member
    Wow well done you :) it's very inspiring to see such fantastic results I myself would like to be succesful and lose weight for myself. I split up with my ex because he said im not his type physically :/ I am short and a size 10/12 but am hitting the gym and using this as my new goal to prove to myself I can do better. :)
  • Nina_Ekoko
    lollysim wrote: »
    Wow well done you :) it's very inspiring to see such fantastic results I myself would like to be succesful and lose weight for myself. I split up with my ex because he said im not his type physically :/ I am short and a size 10/12 but am hitting the gym and using this as my new goal to prove to myself I can do better. :)

Good job darling! I broke up with my ex too- and maybe that's why I shred weight! :wink: Some men are so *kitten* and so bad for you. :) best wishes!!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Your new face and body shows how happy you are!
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    I am so impressed with your storey and you look so beautiful inside and out. Well done and I hope you stay happy and healthy forever
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Thank you so much for posting! I am also 5'7 and started at 180! So this is extremely inspiring and you look absolutely fantastic!!!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Looking good girl
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Thank you all so much! I truly appreciate your kindness and support.
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    This is very inspiring! you might have inspired me to post my progress!
  • Nina_Ekoko
    FiNnY22 wrote: »
    This is very inspiring! you might have inspired me to post my progress!
    I was nervous too- but you'll be surprised how much more motivated you get when you're reminded how far you've come. Also, people are very kind- that part made me nervous cause my real life friends weren't so nice to me during my journey. They would make rude comments all day and still do because of my lifestyle choices. So it's cool to have support :) good luck!
  • LeoZandi
    LeoZandi Posts: 38 Member
    Awesome man you rule :blush:
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Congratulations- you look great. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I love this post.
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Thank you all for the support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!