Nutella...

124»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Buying the natural peanut butter definitely helps me not to binge out on the stuff. It's just not as nice as regular PB.
    Try some natural almond butter! ;)

No thankyou. I have enough vices :lol:

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Nutella is ambrosia.
  • Jazzykatt
    Jazzykatt Posts: 38 Member
    I can't control myself. I eat it by the spoonful so I stopped buying it altogether,
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I was rinsing out an empty jar for recycling yesterday, and was really surprised at how that stuff DID NOT want to melt. I find that very unappealing. I loved Nutella as a kid, but these days I don't particularly like it. My son makes up for that though.

That's my problem with it. My kids like it to dip apple slices or strawberries in it, but cleaning it off their plates made me realize that it's spackle. Poop colored spackle. It holds no allure.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    I am glad to hear I am not the only one unable to resist the delicious charms of Nutella. For those if you with iron wills I salute you!
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    So, Nutella, we meet again. Too long has your siren call been absent from my pantry. Many moons have passed since I banished you from said pantry knowing that in your presence all resistance was futile.

The new day has dawned on this journey of my life when said, "Today is the day when I am strong enough to face the chocolatey temptation and have the shining strength to stop at the recommended serving size!"

Armed with scale and other measuring devices I take my 15g...the jar goes back in the cupboard. I am triumphant as I hold my spoon aloft, trumpets sound at the glory of my resilience, strength of will and adherence to the mighty cause!!

But wait...my mind...what..? What is happening?....

An hour has gone by? How did that happen? What is this empty jar in my...*gasp*...oh no...not again....

I will win some day, Nutella...some day....

I laughed out loud, thanks for that! :D
    Nutella has always been my vice too. I used to get the big jar, put it in the fridge to harden up and not be so messy, then wait until everyone's asleep, take the jar with my spoon and sit in front of the TV. Before long the jar would be empty!
    I've tried to control my cravings for it since I've started eating healthier ( I always have it at home for hubby and kids), but recently discovered 'chocolate pb2'!! And while it's not nutella, it tastes amazing and is 85% less fat than regular peanut butter.
    In my opinion it's worth a try. I first found it while shopping at the grocery store, but then ordered two big jars from amazon.
    Good luck! ;)
  • Leauxra
    Leauxra Posts: 18 Member
    Ugh...the worst is when you have a huge bag of pretzels in the house and you just keep dipping...and dipping....and dipping
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    If I use it to dip banana and strawberries it's healthy right?....right??
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Finally. A thread that gets me.

I make my husband lock it in the safe. It's a pain in the sphincter for me to look up the combo and then figure out how to get the dang thing open. I still binge in one sitting, but at least those sittings are spread far apart.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    You know what's better than Nutella? Nutella and peanut butter....

^^ so true! and to think I only happened upon this duo recently! :smiley:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Your nutella is my Cheddar Chex Mix.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2016
    I thought. I checked. I was wrong. Enjoy.
  • cesser1
    cesser1 Posts: 63 Member
    Italian national food, and they do source quite responsibly and sustainably. This morning my breakfast plan said nutella toast. I went to bed happy knowing what the morrow would bring. I toasted my bread, and only then remembered that the jar had fallen prey to my Sunday and Tuesday dark hours. Oh well, another go in a month, then. :-(
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Nutella and peanut butter together yummy, but peanut butter and marmite together equally yummy
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    I wasn't even thinking about nutella until I read this. Now I really want some.
  • cesser1
    cesser1 Posts: 63 Member
    subakwa wrote: »
    I win by reminding myself that it is mostly palm oil and so each serving contains the blood of an orangutan. Therefore I don't buy it any more, and we will, when we fancy it, get generic made with no palm oil.

Actually, Nutella was the first company to only use ethically sources and sustainable palm oil. Got a french minister in trouble for calling for a nutella tax.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    I hate Nutella and peanut butter :#

I am super jealous right now. :)
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Must be a cultural thing! I just bought a jar of Nutella and a jar of strawberries + orange preserves. I prefer the latter.

I'm gonna try Nutella on beef steak. Everything tastes good on beef steak for some reason.