Will I gain weight from 5 fudge bars?

Options

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed they got the fudge bars in. After my wisdom teeth came out, my jaw was so painfully stiff I couldn't even get a teaspoon in my mouth. I wound up licking the chocolate baby food from the spoon in tiny licks like a kitten. (My family thought this was utterly hilarious.) I lived off chocolate baby food, chocolate ice cream, and vanilla yogurt for a week.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you absolutely positive each bar is 80 calories?
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    crickets.....
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    frozen fudge-covered crickets, more protein
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Oh my! When I had my wisdom teeth taken out it was horrible. It was probably 2 days before I could deal with food. I remember only eating a little jello the first few days. Eat what you are able to eat and don't worry about the calories while you mend!

Really??? I had all 4 out and was fine by the next day. Had a cbeeseburger and fries. I guess everyone heals differently.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Maybe. If you've been eating low carb and now indulge in carbs, then water retention will happen and cause weight gain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh my! When I had my wisdom teeth taken out it was horrible. It was probably 2 days before I could deal with food. I remember only eating a little jello the first few days. Eat what you are able to eat and don't worry about the calories while you mend!

2 weeks before I could even chew soft broccoli for me. Horrible!
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Bullshizzle. I had my wisdom teeth out AND a bad root canal pulled. My mouth was literally stitches. I ate yogurt, soup and jello. So go ahead and eat 5 more bars and try to justify it. It doesn't fly with me. If you gain weight don't whine about it.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    oh snap
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I lived off chocolate baby food, chocolate ice cream, and vanilla yogurt for a week.

I have to ask: what is chocolate baby food?

This stuff: chocolate custard baby food

Word of warning: make sure it's the proper chocolate, not the choc banana. That was gross.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Eat what you can(are able to) in your range goal until your teeth are healed I'm sure it will not harm you any.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

2 weeks before I could even chew soft broccoli for me. Horrible!

I had mine removed all impacted it took 6 weeks to be able to open my mouth properly....
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I had oral surgery last month- fudge bars weren't on my 'able to eat' list, but fudgesicles were. Cool, icy, chocolaty goodness. But I was on primarily liquids and only managing about 900-1000 calories a day. Actually maintained for those two weeks. Remember that your body is healing- a little sugar and fat might actually be a good thing. :)
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It's not the food, is the calories, just keep logging the numbers are never wrong.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    Can you tell me the brand of the fudge bars? I'd like to try one if it only has 80 calories.

Yasso's frozen yogurt fudge bars are 80 calories, and tasty!

Anyway, 5 fudge bars in your calories is fine, but stuffing yourself with junk food just because of the 'wisdom teeth' excuse is not very smart... it's perfectly doable to follow a balanced diet even if you can't have solid food (I had 2 impacted teeth removed 2 years ago - at 36, so no spring chicken - and couldn't eat much for 2 weeks, still managed to stick to my goal).