Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I was unhappy and on a downward spiral of not caring for myself
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Last year I became healthy and lost a decent amount of weight. Since I lost weight I bought a bunch of new clothes, then I gained all of the weight back. It sucked that I was in a position where my fat clothes were once again getting too tight to wear. So I started again knowing the hardest part for me is sticking to it. I just need to have discipline and remember that if I never quit, I never have to start again.
  • Pikashel
    Pikashel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When my wedding ring suddenly became too small and uncomfortable to wear :#
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was convinced that being overweight was affecting my mood and cognition. After losing fifty pounds, I think I was right.
  • PHX3166
    PHX3166 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This past December 17th...the December 17th prior (2014) I quit Diet Coke cold turkey and haven't had one since. I lost 15lbs just from not drinking the stuff. Then this December 17th I decided that I wanted to make the year I turned 50 great and in order to do so I wanted to feel great.....so that morning I told myself I'm doing this for me AND I have!!!!! Love having control of my food choices and feeling good about them!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Been at this dead end job for over 10 years; I'm hoping that a fitter, younger looking me will be more appealing in the current economic climate.
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me I wouldn't live to see my toddler son graduate from high school if I didn't lose weight.
  • pinkelectra
    pinkelectra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Went to a cardiologist because of chest pain (turns out pain was not my heart) but still he said by 65 (I'm 40 now) I will likely have a heart attack or diabetes if I don't lose weight. My heart is 1-2mm thicker than it should be due to pumping more blood because of more body mass. These words were the slap I needed. I need to lose 100 lbs he said. Yikes. It's only been 10 days but I have eaten better in the last 10 days than the last 8 years.
  • Makingmyselfover
    Makingmyselfover Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    :#
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I've never really decided to change per sae. I've enjoyed lifting and being active for almost four decades now.
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was tired of hating myself, since I'm an A+ person. I wanted to stop hating the way that I look in photos.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm 69 years old, and not ready to die.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I couldn't ride a roller coaster with my son. That was that. It was time to change. 105 lbs later I'm going to an amusement park in 2 weeks and I'm so excited!
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to change but never really had the tools to do so. MFP gave me the tools
  • juggernort
    juggernort Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wanted to feel desired and appreciated rather than taken for granted. Getting myself happy with myself is the first step
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    PHX3166 wrote: »
    This past December 17th...the December 17th prior (2014) I quit Diet Coke cold turkey and haven't had one since. I lost 15lbs just from not drinking the stuff. Then this December 17th I decided that I wanted to make the year I turned 50 great and in order to do so I wanted to feel great.....so that morning I told myself I'm doing this for me AND I have!!!!! Love having control of my food choices and feeling good about them!

If your 50, you look amazing. Maybe we should start a group for people about to turn 50. I'll be 50 next February.
  • nowolga
    nowolga Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I had been wanting to lose weight for years.. In 2014 I lost 30 pounds but quicky gained it back after some unfortunately personal events. I have also been wanting to go skydiving for years and I went last week for my birthday. Turns out there is a weight limit and I was 5 pounds away from not being able to do my first jump. The jumpsuit I had to wear was awkwardly tight and I was the only person in the grey/largest size suit. I felt embarrassed of almost not even being able to zip up my suit and scared to sit in fear that the zipper might bust in front of everyone. Luckily it didn't. I want to go skydiving for my birthday again next year without the embarrassment and uncomfortable jumpsuit. So far I have lost 4.2 pounds and it is not stopping there. With 100 pounds to lose, this year is my year to quit the excuses.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Went to a cardiologist because of chest pain (turns out pain was not my heart) but still he said by 65 (I'm 40 now) I will likely have a heart attack or diabetes if I don't lose weight. My heart is 1-2mm thicker than it should be due to pumping more blood because of more body mass. These words were the slap I needed. I need to lose 100 lbs he said. Yikes. It's only been 10 days but I have eaten better in the last 10 days than the last 8 years.
    Keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!