When did you first realize that your weight loss plan was really working for you?

Options
124»

Replies

• Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    UnnieJamey wrote: »
    I didn't notice at all when I went away on a trip to South Korea for a month, I was posting lots of pictures on my Facebook account and everyone was commenting about my weight loss. I still didn't see it. Turns out I lost 60lbs just in that one month purely down to change in diet. I had to throw out all my size 14-16 jeans and spend a butt load of money on size 10-12s! That's when I realised how much it was. ^^ good luck on your journey xx

How is that possible?

The only way someone can say they lost 60lbs points in one month is if that person was 800 lbs and had gastric bypass. Also...a 60 pound weight loss equates to get over 210,000 calories burned in just over one month.

I hate to call anyone out ...but 60 lbs in one month? Hmm

• saransaran
    saransaran Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Counting calories. Have lost 33 pounds in 247 days. Not fast but steady.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    People around me begin to go on and on about my loss...They've recently started it back up again and asking "are you done?" NOPE, close - but not yet!
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    agzram wrote: »
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I realized it when I was able to "stick to it" more than a handful of days and found out I can still eat everything I love (in moderation ).

Exactly! I'm doing WW Points and now as I write I'm having 'skinny' chicken cordon bleu and broccoli with melted laughing cow cheddar. I'm totally satisfied and lost 2.7 lb last week!

@MrsDogLady can you PM that recipe? Chicken cordon blue is my daughter's favorite she's requested it for her birthday dinner....I've been looking for a "lite" version!! What 7 year old loves chicken cordon blue? LOL!

I'm so sorry I didn't see your post until this a.m.! This is the skinny chicken cordon bleu recipe. I usually halve a chicken breast into a 3-4 oz fillet and pound it flat and then spread the Laughing Cow Swiss onto the chicken, lay a thin slice of low salt ham. Follow the recipe - you won't be disappointed. The Laughing Cow cheese doesn't melt away in the oven either.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1230-true-bleu

• MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Brushami wrote: »
    My 'aha!' moment was earlier today when I stepped on the scale and it read 198.4 instead of 200-something. Took me 60 days to lose that 30+ pounds to get below the 200s, but I have maintained steady loss with healthy food choices and increasing my exercise (cardio AND strength) activity as the weight comes off. I can honestly say I have not felt this good in about a decade.

I say this because prior to dipping below 200 I assumed that all my work would backfire on me. I thought I would hit a hard plateau, get frustrated, and then end up gaining all of my weight back. Now that I am under 200, though, I ain't going back, or even looking back. I like myself better the way I am now than I was then.

Awesome work! I only weigh once a week - I could find I depress myself while it goes up and down during the course of a week. I have 12 pounds before I can see a "1" as the first number - can't wait!
  • MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I realized what I'm doing is working when my weight was below 200 for the first time in my adult life. I don't ever plan on seeing that again! Also, I was able to go into a store and buy a pair of size 12 jeans instead of 20/22!
  • LifeinReboot2018
    LifeinReboot2018 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I was strolling my neighborhood after a workout and people I have known for years didn't recognize me.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice at all when I went away on a trip to South Korea for a month, I was posting lots of pictures on my Facebook account and everyone was commenting about my weight loss. I still didn't see it. Turns out I lost 60lbs just in that one month purely down to change in diet. I had to throw out all my size 14-16 jeans and spend a butt load of money on size 10-12s! That's when I realised how much it was. ^^ good luck on your journey xx

Probably just a typo folks :) Be nice.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »

Probably just a typo folks :) Be nice.

Yeah, I'm going to guess she meant 16 pounds if she went from 14-16 to 10-12s. That sounds about right.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    When I made my first trip to Canada's Wonderland yesterday after losing 29lbs - I fit in the rides so much better now! Love it.
  • tonkacrew3
    tonkacrew3 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I didn't have a scale so couldn't tell for the longest time. Then others started commenting. I noticed that I could fit in jeans several sizes smaller but due to a really bad image of my body, I just had a really hard time believing that just eating healthy and doing exercise as I could handle it, that it made much difference. So, I asked a friend if I could use her scale. I had dropped almost 60 pounds exactly. That....was a super good day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!