what do you think about meat?

Options
My vegan friend thinks it is easier to keep her weight down since she does not eat meat.

I think meat fills me up.

How about ya?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Nom.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I don't eat as much as I use to mostly because I have added more fish. I have also reduced my portions too but I still love it. I use to get the biggest steak on the menu but now the 6 Oz in fine.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    If I could afford it, I'd certainly buy ethically raised cuts of meat.

My inability to do so will not hinder the pleasure it brings me.

Same here.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Haven't eaten it (at least not intentionally) since 1974.

Got fat that way, stayed fat that way, lost weight that way.

I think eating meat (or not eating meat) is completely irrelevant to weight loss, and that everyone should eat anything legal that s/he finds tasty, nutritious, and satisfying.

Totally agree. Not a big fan of meat personally and very picky with meat dishes but have been eating more chicken lately to bump up my protein for fewer calories than vegetarian sources. Lost half my weight barely eating any meat and the other half with higher meat consumption. No difference.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I became a vegetarian 11 years ago with no regrets. My blood values are perfect and my protein is at a great level.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I could take it or leave it. I really wouldn't care if I never had beef or pork again. They're OK, but not that great. I don't need meat. I DO eat a lot of birds and some fish, but I could live as a vegetarian. I don't think I could be a vegan, though, because I LOVE cheese and eggs are a great protein source, but I could definitely survive in a post-apocalyptic setting without any number of things I take for granted now.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for about 15 years. I can't say it helps or hurts weight loss-- can still eat tons of bread, pasta , and desserts if I choose to.

Cutting out cheese and milk might make it harder to eat calorie dense foods, but I'm confident it could be done. Plus overeating anything (nuts, anyone?) will lead to weight gain.