Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Cell phone impact on Health.

2

Replies

  • positivepowerspositivepowers Member Posts: 902 Member Member Posts: 902 Member
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    What's next Gale, an article from the Weekly World News?

    Have you heard about The Pentaverate?

    Edit:

    This cover left me scarred for life:

    coverbatboy.jpg

    How did Gale miss this one?
  • ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 42,884 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 42,884 Member
    Didn't we have this issue with microwave radiation years ago?

    A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

    9285851.png
  • snickerscharliesnickerscharlie Member Posts: 8,568 Member Member Posts: 8,568 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Didn't we have this issue with microwave radiation years ago?

    Yes, I remember being told never to watch your food cooking in the microwave because deadly radiation. B)
    edited May 2016
  • zyxstzyxst Member Posts: 9,156 Member Member Posts: 9,156 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Didn't we have this issue with microwave radiation years ago?

    Yes, I remember being told never to watch your food cooking in the microwave because deadly radiation. B)

    I love watching popcorn popping in the microwave. I need a flashlight to see inside because the 'wave is lined with mesh.
  • lemurcat12lemurcat12 Member Posts: 30,886 Member Member Posts: 30,886 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Didn't we have this issue with microwave radiation years ago?

    Yes, I remember being told never to watch your food cooking in the microwave because deadly radiation. B)

    My aunt insisted that anyone who did would become infertile.
  • zyxstzyxst Member Posts: 9,156 Member Member Posts: 9,156 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Didn't we have this issue with microwave radiation years ago?

    Yes, I remember being told never to watch your food cooking in the microwave because deadly radiation. B)

    My aunt insisted that anyone who did would become infertile.

    Please don't tell my daughter.
  • lemurcat12lemurcat12 Member Posts: 30,886 Member Member Posts: 30,886 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Didn't we have this issue with microwave radiation years ago?

    Yes, I remember being told never to watch your food cooking in the microwave because deadly radiation. B)

    My aunt insisted that anyone who did would become infertile.

    Please don't tell my daughter.

    To be fair, my aunt was a complete looney-tunes, but I think that was standard early 80s woo.

    I won't tell your daughter she does not exist. I can see that that might upset her. ;-)
  • WinoGelatoWinoGelato Member Posts: 13,472 Member Member Posts: 13,472 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Didn't we have this issue with microwave radiation years ago?

    A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

    9285851.png

    RIP Deathbox thread...
  • GaleHawkinsGaleHawkins Member Posts: 7,763 Member Member Posts: 7,763 Member
    Gale, with all due respect, I'm really hesitant to click on any of the links you've posted lately.

    You should really sit back and give some honest and logical thought to these arricles before posting the links..

    Why you say that? What is it about the $25 million dollar USA study that makes you state that? You do not have like it or believe it. I am aware not all are interesting the science behind understanding the increase in brain cancer. I have a 40 year old friend with this type of cancer. He was told they see it most often in farmers and from cell phone usage. That is why this $25 million dollar study caught my attention. The validity of this subject will be come clear with time. If it is just an age related thing we will not see more cancer in 20 to 30 age group do the road is my guess on the subject.
    edited May 2016
  • vingoglyvingogly Member, Premium Posts: 1,784 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,784 Member
    Be sure to read the Vox article posted by WakkoW before making up your mind on this:

    http://www.vox.com/2016/5/27/11797924/cellphones-cancer-bad-reporting

    Particularly the last paragraph:
    Note that this is how scientists tend to think about any new study. They take the results seriously, they point to questions that demand further investigation, but they remain skeptical that this is the last word. The press should strive to follow suit.
Sign In or Register to comment.