How many days a week do you workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• radio_flyer
    Options
    I work out everyday because I walk my dog -- and she's big, so we have to walk fast. Other than that, I go to the gym 3x a week to do the elliptical and treadmill and starting next week, yoga. I do Wii fit at home 4 days in a row, take a day off, and go back to 4 days. So some days I'm at the gym and doing Wii fit. and I love Wii fit because its a game -- so you're working out, without really knowing your working out.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6 times per week (I aim for 6 per week but it always seems I've been skipping one of my 3 weight lifting days recently). I do a long run once a week (usually on Sundays), strength + cardio MWF, speedwork on Tuesdays, and whatever cardio I feel like on Thursdays (try to use Saturday as a rest day).
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No Gym, I work out at home or sprint in the park.

WO Strategy 4-5 DOW, 2X a day: Per Week's Hair Do
    %Strength Training 1-2X a week; Pilates 2X a week
    %Fatburn=Pilates/Treadmill at light speeds/Wii Fit Plus
    %Fitness=Pilates/Treadmill Hard/Strength Training/Power Walks/Turbo Jam

Weekly WO GOALS ~ 2 sessions per day, 3-4DOW:
    (Pick One Routine Per Day)
    a. 25 mins> "FATBURN" ~ 45 mins "FITNESS"
    b. 1hr> "FITNESS" ~ 30> "FATBURN"
    +1 Day 1hr>: Fatburn Zone (114 - 132)
    +1 Day 1hr>: Power WO to Exhaustion
    +1 Day to Recooperate or Very Mild Walking
    Every 12 weeks,1 week "Cardio Only":7/25,10/17"
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    3-4days a week between Monday thru Friday.
    30-45 minutes
  • Julie252
    Julie252 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5-6 days of Ripped in 30 (or Shred)
    3 days of Couch to 5K

I take at least one full day off but try to take the dog on a longish walk on that day.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I DONT WORKOUT IN A GYM BUT HERES MY SCHEDULE

MONDAY- BOOTCAMP
    TUESDAY- 3 MILE RUN
    WEDNESDAY- BOOTCAMP
    THURSDAY- 3 MILE RUN
    FRIDAY- BOOTCAMP
    SATURDAY- 3 MILE RUN AND STRENGTH TRAINING
    SUNDAY-4 MILE RUN

I HAVE ALSO STARTED RIDING MY BIKE TO WORK 3-4 DAYS A WEEK (8 MILES ROUNDTRIP)

WOW! WHEN I WRITE IT OUT IT FEELS LIKE A WHOLE LOT!

That is!! go you! :) keep it up

I work out between 5-6 days a week. I run almost everyday and I incorporate strength training 3-4 days. I'll do cross training some days instead of running -like zumba or the arc trainer at the gym.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    4 days in the gym (Planet Fitness) Cardio & then Circuit training
    No Fridays and at least 30 minutes of cardio via Wii Fit on weekends.
    Gotta do something or my body starts getting stiff.
  • moonlightxtina
    Options
    I don't like the gym very much to be honest, so I try to do walking whenever I can during the week (usually 30 minutes 1-2 times a week) and I like volleyball so I joined a club and I train once a week for 135 minutes usually. It's good fun. Other than that, I might go for a 20/30 minute cycling ride during the weekend. I don't have a set schedule for anything else but volleyball, although I think it might help. The major thing about the entire exercise routine is that I try not to look at it as a chore, to find something active that I really like and keep practicing. Company helps too.
  • irishwitch
    irishwitch Posts: 21
    Options
    6 days a week for me. I'm doing Insanity and on the 4th week so anywhere from 30-55 mins depending on the day. Once the second month starts It will be closer to 55 mins every day. Sunday is my day of rest, but I try to get a walk in with my bf and our dog, of about 3 miles or more. :)
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I workout at least 5x a week. I usually get lazy on the weekends and don't do anything. But now that it is nicer out, we go for hikes over the weekend so that kind of counts. I do 25-45 minutes a day in the morning and occasionally a 40 minute jog on the treadmill in the evenings. I don't have a gym membership so I use DVDs and have a treadmill in my basement.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Typically 5 days a week. I usually take the weekends off.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I don't workout in a gym,but I try to do 6 days of a DVD..or walking.I have to be doing SOMETHING or I just go nuts!!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I try to work out 4-5 days a week. It depends on how late I leave work as to whether or not I go to the gym. I have a treadmill & lots of videos at home, so if I can't make it to the gym I'll do either of those at home.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3x per week to lift weights. After lifting, I run about 4.5 miles on the treadmill. Total workout time for the gym trips is about 90-100 minutes. Also one other day of the week I run outside for about an hour. So for me 4 workout days, 3 rest days each week. And about 5.5-6 hours spent exercising each week.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I was doing taekwondo 4 days a week & working with a personal trainer 2 days a week..and I would sometimes take a rest day or do a workout dvd on the 7th day ( 30DS/Jackie Warner/Taebo..stuff like that).

I recently mixed things up to Taekwondo 4 days a week (M,W,F,S) and bootcamp (M,W,F mornings)..unfortunately that is the only time slot I could do bootcamp..so that is freeing up a few days a week but I find I really need my rest day now..and the other 2 days I am doing a workout video or just getting out and walking.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Just curious
    How many days a week do you go to the gym?

Do you workout outside of the gym? In addition or in replace of the gym....

How long do you work out for?

I try to go there as many times as I can, but I just cannot get myself there every day. I am just wondering what other people do.....

I found it interesting that the people who replied are extremely active. :smile:

Not everyone is that active, so don't feel bad if you aren't making it to the gym every day. The way that I see it is if you are increasing your activity level, you are on the right track.

Personally, I have only been working out consistently for about 2.5 months. Before that, it was not a consistent thing at all. For the past couple of months I have been working out 6 days/week. Sunday is my rest day. I am in week 3 of P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid, and I love it. There's just no way I can get to the gym, so this is something that I can do from home, and the routines are very motivating for me.

Anyway, everyone is different. We just have to figure out what works for us and then do it! :smile:
  • amyamadea
    amyamadea Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm on my feet four hours a day five days a week at work, shifting boxes, running around after customers, heading up and down stairs... retail is a hell of a work out in itself!
    Then I try and do 30 minutes walking about 4mph on the treadmill every day
    Two/three times a week I have roller derby training for two hours each time
    In between those I alternate between a pilates DVD and a workout designed to build the core muscles used in roller derby.

So I attempt to do at least 30 minutes every day, more 5-6 days a week
  • aybee77
    aybee77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just curious
    How many days a week do you go to the gym?

Do you workout outside of the gym? In addition or in replace of the gym....

How long do you work out for?

I try to go there as many times as I can, but I just cannot get myself there every day. I am just wondering what other people do.....

I found it interesting that the people who replied are extremely active. :smile:

Not everyone is that active, so don't feel bad if you aren't making it to the gym every day. The way that I see it is if you are increasing your activity level, you are on the right track.

Personally, I have only been working out consistently for about 2.5 months. Before that, it was not a consistent thing at all. For the past couple of months I have been working out 6 days/week. Sunday is my rest day. I am in week 3 of P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid, and I love it. There's just no way I can get to the gym, so this is something that I can do from home, and the routines are very motivating for me.

Anyway, everyone is different. We just have to figure out what works for us and then do it! :smile:

Thanks for saying that, I was feeling really lazy, I like what you said about focusing on increasing the activity, this is what I need to do.