GIRLS UNDER 5' 4" with less than 30 lbs to loose!

Options

Replies

• mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    Options
    Little info for all of us tiny girls.....did you know that Jillian Michaels is 5'2? Total motivation for me! I don't have quite the workout schedule that she has:laugh: but still, she is my motivation...she use to weigh 175....now 115-120.

Jillian_Michaels.jpg
  • itsfrananne
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and wanna lose around 20lb short term and 40lb long term :)
  • mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm currently @ 133, lost 7 lbs in the last month and a half and want to lose around 15 - 20 lbs more.

What is everyone focusing on to lose? Excercise plans? Diet Plans? What are your long term goals?

I'm doing a bootcamp 3x a week and just started 30 Day Shred (on day 4). I'm also doing the Body by Vi Challenge about 1 month in. And weighing the possibility of beginning training for a 10k or half marathon by the end of the year.

HI! I workout out 4-5 days a week Cardio 3-4 days and weights 3-4 days. I love Zumba and burn the most calories doing this (about 500 per hour). I have lost inches and body fat, but my weight won't budge:sad:

I was thinking about getting the 30day shred....how are you liking it? I have run a marathon (never a full one again! lol) and several halfs. Super fun and challenging! Major calorie burn. However, I am really determined to be not just skinny but toned...even BUFF.:bigsmile:

My diet consists of 1200-1400(not including my workout calories, I usually add those too) calories a day...but I usually have a "cheat" day. I am going to try and not eat my calories burned and see if I can break thru this plateau....I'm just so hungry when I work out...
    I eat lots of protein...my ratio is approx 35/35/30....
    Good Luck to everyone and I'm so excited that this group was made! THanks!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 5'3" with about 20 more to loose to get to my goal weight.... Friend me if you're starting a group or have similar goals! :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! :) Just updating.

Got to 144 pounds. The scale seems to say 143 then it pops around and decides on 144. Makes me think that the next pound down is coming soon!

I haven't been tracking my food - trying to do this the 'old fashioned' way of just making good choices.

I've been eating around 2000 calories a day (estimate) and I have all sorts of energy! I am starting to take my multivitamin on a daily basis again and I'm even thinking about some fish oil supplements.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Having more energy is good. I think that's happening to me too. I'm focusing more on exercise than on counting every last calorie (just trying to be sensible with food).
  • Nic0522
    Nic0522 Posts: 38
    Options
    I want to join in ! I'm 5'1" with 35 lbs to go.

Feel free to friend me for some mutual motivation!

Nicole
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! i'm 5'3" and am sw was 137 and currently at 134. i would like to be at 120. i got to 124 last fall and then stopped exercising and eating right and gained it all back plus more:(

feel free to add me to your friend lists....i need all the support and motivation i can get!
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to pop back in to say that I love reading all of these posts, it is so nice to see that there are people out there in the same boat that I am! I lost 1 lbs this past week and was a little upset over that but my workout made it all better! I am doing C25K (totally reccommend it!!) and yesterday was my first big-ish run. It was a 5 min warm up, 20 min run, 5 min cool down.... and I did it all the way through!! I am thrilled to have run for 20 mins straight, it was a huge accomplishment for me. I decided my short, chubby legs might not bother me so much because they did a great job carrying me through the run :D
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job Hadley! I've been trying C25K so many times, but I can never get the long runs down. I can go for about 4 mins then it turns into a hobble/walk. I keep trying, though. Someday I'll run for 20 minutes like you!
  • Littlemiss1016
    Options
    I am 5'4 and would Like to lose 10-15 LBS and TONE!! :o)
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Today I am going to try to do a bunch of wii work outs if I can find what I need. 30 day shred and wii fit today!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I finished my workout for today. Burned 470 from Turbo Jam CP1.
    Good luck everyone!
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job Hadley! I've been trying C25K so many times, but I can never get the long runs down. I can go for about 4 mins then it turns into a hobble/walk. I keep trying, though. Someday I'll run for 20 minutes like you!

Thank you so much! I was amazed that I was able to do it, keep trying and I know you will be able to! A lot of my problem is believing in myself, I almost talked myself out of attempting that run...
  • Ivanna80
    Ivanna80 Posts: 16
    Options
    Jillian is awesome! I look to her for inspiration as well!
  • chewy2008
    chewy2008 Posts: 3
    Options
    4' 10" at 119 lbs (starting weight was 120 lbs but not sure if it's fat I lost). Let's use this summer to achieve our goals! We can do this!
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    5'2" with 15lbs to lose! OMGsh that sounds so awesome to me :)
  • chewy2008
    chewy2008 Posts: 3
    Options
    4' 10" at 119 lbs (starting weight was 120 lbs but not sure if it's fat I lost). Let's use this summer to achieve our goals! We can do this!

Oh and my goal weight is 105 lbs. Want to lose at least 10 lbs before September (this did happen two summers ago through at least an hour of walking, conscious dieting and LOTS of cold water). Now that I've gained it all back by not eating carefully and being lazy with exercise this past year at college, I need to get back on track. :p
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    5'2" wanting to maintain my weight or lose a pound or 2...do I qualify?? Just want to get inspiration on great workouts to do, esp since I'm getting busier with work..Need the motivation!!
  • melane71
    melane71 Posts: 35
    Options
    5'1" and 17 more pounds to loose!
    Do you have any specific challenge in mind or just this message board to connect?