WHY NOT TO CHEAT!!!

Options
I have to sit in a Panera Bread for 3 hours right now, right across from a cinnabon, which I have been craving forever! Please please please remind me why I should stop eating and stay under my calorie goal. It's hard to remember when I can smell the frosting.
How do you convince yourself not to cheat? How do you win the internal battle?

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Cuz your doing this for you. You want to feel good and look good more than you want that cinnabon.

And plus, imagin how much running you'll have to do to work that delicious *kitten* off. Totally not worth it.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    When I face these issues, I stay focused on my goal, the end results and remember how guilty I will feel after I eat it. Stay Strong!
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    And if you have been eating healthy for awhile most likely if you eat it you will not feel well after!
  • firedrgn2000
    Options
    It may smell good, but as I've recently experienced, once you haven't had it for a while, it doesn't taste as good and you'll regret eating it after.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Because Youll feel like crap afterwards, it won't fill you up at all, it costs money, and it will contribute to plaque build up in your arteries!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I don't class it as cheating..I am in this for life not just til I get to whatever weight...If I really really wanted a cinnabon I would have one. Log it and then no treats for a week or longer...I have to learn to control my indulgences and I am...I have light lattes at Starbucks..I skip the fries at BK and I have a kids size at the yogurt shop..if I really want one..most of the time I have water..but Its not cheating ..Its living..and all things in moderation is what we all need to learn...!!! xxxxx
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Even more incentive? Save that money you would have wasted on the Panera and Cinnabon and buy yourself something nice when you reach your goal. :)

Just think of the hundreds of dollars we waste on food we don't need, just for a few minutes of satisfaction and a lifetime of unhappiness.
  • vintagefool
    Options
    And plus, imagin how much running you'll have to do to work that delicious *kitten* off. Totally not worth it.

This is what I do. I think, "Do I really want to spend 1 hour sweating on the treadmill to burn off something I can scoff down in a few minutes flat?" Most times the answer is no (we'll not talk about the times the answer is yes :blushing: )
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." <-- I have that quote as the wallpaper on my phone so it's a great reminder every time I start to even think about going off.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Get it, only eat half of it, and make sure you get a good workout when you get home.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Picture it sitting on one of your hips as fat. That usually helps me haha :smile:
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    1. If you aren't used to eating that type of food, then it's going to make you feel sick after you eat it.
    2. You've worked so hard and come so far-- don't all those past successes deserve your best efforts now?
    3. They're expensive. I mean, really, you could save that money to buy a cute piece of costume jewelry!
    4. You turned to MFP for help. Be inspired by the successes of all your friends on here and think of the story you'll have to tell once you defeat the smell-good monster!
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Go workout...run...walk......do something then enjoy a little
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I know when I cheat I feel horrible after wards and wish that I hadnt. Maybe instead of cheating today, you can reward yourself with 1 cinnamon roll this weekend, that way you can plan those calories in and not feel as guilty
  • ChunkyChicTrying
    ChunkyChicTrying Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh, I can honestly say sister I have been in your shoes many a time, here are two ways I have over come this.

1st I do every thing I can on my power and drink as much water as I need to to stay full and not wanting anything.

2nd Option buy it literally cut off a bite and I mean a small bite, then throw the rest in the trash or give it to a friend with you, they love you for the desert, you will have that *ONE* (and I MEAN *1* and only *1* bite), and you will get the taste of your craving and ever ever so minimal damage.

Now the second option, I have done on 3 occasions and all 3 were for parties were I knew the cannoli cake would be from a certain bakery... But I did ahere to the 1 fork full and not an over loaded fork, Now I can also say even with that 1 bite it was highly too sugary and instantly reminded me of the 1.5 hours I would have to pull on a ARC trainer at full 10 incline and 50 resistance.... MY thighs / calfs instantly reminded me BACK AWAY GIRL FRIEND OR WE WILL HURT YOU HORRIDLY FOR A FEW DAYS!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Just think how good it will feel to post your nsv of not eating any
    while sitting there!
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    just tell your self that it will go striaght to your *kitten*... over and over.. thats what i do.. usually works. or i got jillian in my head yellin at me
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it cheating, I actually give in to what I want, just in moderation. I don't want to cut out all the super yummy bad for me foods that i love, that's just not life. You can't not eat any of that for the rest of your life, just have to eat it in moderation.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't class it as cheating..I am in this for life not just til I get to whatever weight...If I really really wanted a cinnabon I would have one. Log it and then no treats for a week or longer...I have to learn to control my indulgences and I am...I have light lattes at Starbucks..I skip the fries at BK and I have a kids size at the yogurt shop..if I really want one..most of the time I have water..but Its not cheating ..Its living..and all things in moderation is what we all need to learn...!!! xxxxx

True, I would say, think about what you've already eaten today, what exercise you've done and whether or not you REALLY want it, and how you would feel afterwards if you did eat it, then make your decision.

xx
  • mhannan13
    mhannan13 Posts: 53
    Options
    Well, I already had a rough day kind of. I visited a friend and we took her nieces to White Castle. I had 3 sliders, then we did a lot of shopping and walking around. I had a salad for dinner and I'm 80 cals under my daily goal. I'm going out with my boyfriend and another couple on a double date this evening and I know I will have to not eat anything to stay under. That's why it's so tempting to just count today as a loss and binge. BUT your support is overwhelming and is honestly talking me out of it. It's not worth it. I'm so glad I turned to you all for help. THANK YOU!!!