Worst First Date Stories

Options

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I guess that I should feel privileged, that I couldn't even get a date!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Now I'm paranoid. Somewhere on some site there a discussion and she's telling a story.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    With a chinese girl, her cousins showed up hurled racists abuse at me, said some stuff in chinese to her (she seemed pretty upset about it) and then they tried to trash the restaurant and attack me with cutlery. Quite entertaining really when you look back at it.
    Dude, I swear that was the plot line of a Jason Statham movie. He beats up the Chinese gang and escapes with the girl.

I AM the Statham...

In my case someone called the police, they left. I didn't get chance to show off my awesome moves.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have so many bad date stories it's pitiful. The one that still hurts the most, chatted with someone for a few weeks before meeting. We hit it off great talking, but went to meet him, entirety different story. We exchanged pictures, in addition to those shown on the site. He knew I was a work in progress. We agreed to meet at the picnic tables at local park amd I would pack a picnic lunch. He messaged me saying he had to run and get something, but left me a note on the table. Got to the table and it was was a legal size paper that said... if you think I would be seen with a cow, you have another thing coming. I was humiliated and felt everyone around was watching.

I always seem to find the guys who have issues with my weight. The meeting can go great, but at the end, they say they are worried dating someone that lost a lot of weight will regain and they didn't want that to happen if they got attached. Had a few tell me loose another 20 lbs and give me a call.

• Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Guy who would flex at himself everytime he saw his own reflection .
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had a guy ask me my dress size, then proceed to tell me it was a good job he didn't mind big girls (I was a UK14, US10 at the time). He also bragged about paying his factory workers in Africa £5 a week.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Konigboy wrote: »
    I have so many bad date stories it's pitiful. The one that still hurts the most, chatted with someone for a few weeks before meeting. We hit it off great talking, but went to meet him, entirety different story. We exchanged pictures, in addition to those shown on the site. He knew I was a work in progress. We agreed to meet at the picnic tables at local park amd I would pack a picnic lunch. He messaged me saying he had to run and get something, but left me a note on the table. Got to the table and it was was a legal size paper that said... if you think I would be seen with a cow, you have another thing coming. I was humiliated and felt everyone around was watching.

I always seem to find the guys who have issues with my weight. The meeting can go great, but at the end, they say they are worried dating someone that lost a lot of weight will regain and they didn't want that to happen if they got attached. Had a few tell me loose another 20 lbs and give me a call.

I'm so sorry :( All of those guys sound so mean. I hope someone worthy of you comes along in time.
  • she800hunter2014
    she800hunter2014 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've had more worst dates than there is space to write. I've had one that got so drunk before we even left to have dinner and was too drunk to drive me home that I walked. I had one I spent months talking to on the phone and we really felt like we clicked, that we met up and instantly when I saw him in person those feelings changed. I had a very quick dinner with him that I insisted that I paid half and then I quickly left and went home. I've had them confirm dates with me and then stand me up only to call later and make up some stupid excuse and try and make more plans with me. Again I scheduled and he had more excuses. So I told him I didn't want to see him anymore because it was one sided and he got angry with me, told me that I was special to him and he felt like we had a connection. LOL.... Oh the list goes on and on. Now I am married to an amazing man and a true gentlemen.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Oh my word!! What a poor excuse of a man.
  • cryptobrit
    cryptobrit Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    blairrob12 wrote: »
    I think we've all had our share of bad dates, but one that sticks out in my mind...

Mine is from in my 20's. I got on like a house on fire with a friend's boyfriend. When she split up with him she suggested we tried a date together since we got on so well. My 'date' arranged to meet me at a certain rail station and then to go on to a pub. When I arrived at the rail station he walked me to this pub that was a mile away from the rail station and was practically next door to one of the stations I could have actually got off at. Not only that, he walked so fast I could barely keep up, and wore a horrible 'dirty raincoat' type mac. The gloss of getting on like a house on fire was quickly burning down. Sooo, seated in said pub he asked me if I liked poetry. I said some types yes. He then proceeded to spout Dylan Thomas for about 5 minutes without barely a breath, while smiling and staring intensely at me looking for some sort of reaction or look of bliss. When he eventually finished and asked what did I think, I was stuck for words and think I choked something out appropriate. He then asked if I wanted to hear some more! That was the only time when going to the toilet I seriously considered doing the wimp's way out and wondered if I could climb up and out of the tiny window in there to the outside and run away.The kiss goodnight which I was expecting; a chaste kiss on each cheek or a peck (remember it was a long time ago) was like being sucked in by some sort of sea creature as my back was bending backwards to the floor. I told him at a later date I didn't think we were compatible after all. Needless to say, he got back with his delighted ex who obviously understood him and his ways a lot better than I could cope with. The penetrating eyes while spouting on and on and on will haunt me forever; as will the thought: maybe I could have got through that toilet window. Dylan Thomas's name was never the same since.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I think we've all had our share of bad dates, but one that sticks out in my mind...The guy insisted on picking me up, then later commented on how he didn't realize how far away from him I lived. He said it about 5 times, so I kind of joked and said, "Well I could give you gas money" His reply, "yeah, $15 sounds about right" I have him $20 and told him to keep the change, then took a cab home.
    Be kind. He may have had genuine money issues. At least he didn't stalk you and harass you.

If he was having money issues, he should have passed on the $300 bottle of wine. And I did tell him I would have preferred to drive myself, but he insisted...and had my address, which is near a city landmark, so when I told him where it was, he said, Oh I know exactly where it is.

Oh he knew. I doubt he wanted money at first, probably was hoping for a "ah, well you're here on my side of town so far from home maybe you should just stay over..." sounds like you made the right choice!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

this is why i do not even bother dating

i am so sorry that is just disgusting you do/ did not deserve that bullsht
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

Trust me, I find it hard to date or trust. I finally caved, thought I found that one guy that was different, only for him to lie and cheat. I'm leaning towards not even dating anymore until I get all this weight off me. I always use current pics, so it isn't like a shock to them and even discuss before we meet. Are society has become obsessed with women having to look like a barbie.
  • Zom_bunny
    Options
    Zom_bunny wrote: »
    Guy who would flex at himself everytime he saw his own reflection .
    LMAO hahaha. Spilled my coffee.

It was hard to be polite and not laugh when he did it .
  • Zom_bunny
    Options

This is heartbreaking! You should have been like i might be fat and I am fixing that you cannot fix your ugly face.
    I am so petty lol
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Zom_bunny wrote: »

This is heartbreaking! You should have been like i might be fat and I am fixing that you cannot fix your ugly face.
    I am so petty lol

petty but honest