Bacon is not worth it

Options
I never thought id say that, but bqcon is not worth it. Too many calories. Im on a low calorie diet and 4 pieces of bacon has nearly 500 calories. Thats not enough food for that much of my daily allowance.

Replies

• mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the key is to stick with low calorie but high in protein foods, such as chicken or beef. That doesn't mean you can never eat bacon tho!
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I eat this one, 2 rashers = 96 calories grilled not fried. Maybe look around a bit more at different types, cut fat off etc?
    Typically most rashers seem to be 200cals per 100g, depends on thickness of rasher.
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=259703288
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just used mfp and picked bacon. I will have to look at the package as i love bacon so much. But no mouth pleasure is greater than my goals.
  • trollerskates
    Options
    Hahaha
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Where did you find 100+ calorie slices of bacon? I need somma dat!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    use the app to scan your particular packet
    i can usually fit in 2 rashers of bacon
    i cant imagine a life without a toasted cheese and bacon sandwich.
  • smarion0006
    smarion0006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard about rice paper bacon? It sounds a bit weird but the vegan community raves about it. Maybe it's worth a try?
  • ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/products/oscar-mayer-center-cut-original-1565.aspx

This is what I always get when I need some bacon.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard about rice paper bacon? It sounds a bit weird but the vegan community raves about it. Maybe it's worth a try?

I was about to recommend rice paper bacon, it looks so good! I've bought all the ingredients, I just can't find the rice paper, I'm going to check a Vietnamese grocery store tomorrow. If it tastes half as good as it looks I'll share the recipe :)
  • trollerskates
    Options
    I usually eat hamburger pattie on spinch, today i was like, I know! Bacon!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I never thought id say that, but bqcon is not worth it. Too many calories. Im on a low calorie diet and 4 pieces of bacon has nearly 500 calories. Thats not enough food for that much of my daily allowance.

Think you have picked a bad database entry - four rashers of the bacon I ate yesterday would be 240 calories.
  • trollerskates
    Options
    Soubds more like it. Thanks everybody.