Weighted magnetic massage hula hoop

Options
Hi everyone!
I've just recently borrowed a magnetic massage hula hoop from one of my family members, I wanna know if it actually works and is the pain worth it? It doesn't hurt as bad as people go on in reviews I've noticed though

Ps..A family member used it once so I couldn't really trust her judgement

Thanks!

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't work. Thus, the pain is not worth it.

Also, if it hurts, why would you even think of continuing? Find something that doesn't hurt.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Work for what?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it works just as well as any other weighted hoola hoop. But, it depends on your definition of "works". What are you looking for it to do?
  • vgedvilaite
    vgedvilaite Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Work for what?

In terms of toning/weight loss
  • vgedvilaite
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    No, it doesn't work. Thus, the pain is not worth it.

Also, if it hurts, why would you even think of continuing? Find something that doesn't hurt.

The pain isn't persistent as any other workout you're always sore at the beginning, it's the case for this too.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it can help in that it increases your calorie deficit.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Work for what?

In terms of toning/weight loss

Hula Hooping can be a decent cardio workout (burns a few calories). "Toning" .....I'm not sure what kind of resistance training you get from a 3 (or 5 pound) hoop. As far as "magnetic massage"......that's new to me.

Here's some info on hooping (but group isn't active right now): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/2763-hooping
  • aabridges13
    aabridges13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hoop frequently... And I use smaller hoops to keep me in faster motion. I burn more calories that way than I do with a larger slower hoop. I will switch it up from time to time as well. It's great cardio! Let me know if you have any hoop related questions.
  • vgedvilaite
    Options
    I hoop frequently... And I use smaller hoops to keep me in faster motion. I burn more calories that way than I do with a larger slower hoop. I will switch it up from time to time as well. It's great cardio! Let me know if you have any hoop related questions.

Great to hear! Dyou reckon theres absolutely no difference between the fancy ones and a plain one?
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Most weighted, non-massage hoops aren't supposed to be used for more than maybe 10-15 minutes a day, so from a calorie burn perspective it's not going to be much (50-75 calories). But those gigantic bumps are going to bruise the hell out of you for no good reason.

Might want to just try sprinting at, and running into a brick wall repeatedly. Should make using the massage hoop less painful, at least in a relative way.