HELP.. Business lunch = Pizza - Cannot duck out

Options
Ok, how do I handle a business lunch that is pizza as only option. I cannot duck out and cannot be rude by not eating either.. What are my options?

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Bring your own food and eat it before pizza, take a small slice and eat very slowly, or pick it apart so it looks like you ate it.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Pizza is not the devil. Are there options for type ? Think crust saves some calories, start with a salad. Eat it. Have a light supper if you have too many calories. It will be fine.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Just eat it. No food is forbidden if you plan for it.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Limit your intake, drink a lot of water, log the calories, fit these pizza calories into your overall daily goal, and, I can't stress this enough, enjoy the pizza! ;)
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'd be SHOCKED if one slice of almost any type of pizza is more than folks on here have allotted for lunch. Unless I'm wrong, one slice of most pieces of pizza will fall between 300-500 calories...? Have one piece and don't feel guilty. Nobody became overweight from eating one piece of pizza at a business lunch, ever. You can always try to pick one of the smaller pieces, if that will make you feel better. They are rarely all the same size. If it won't be overly obvious, depending on the company, maybe you can cut one piece in half. I could do that with my coworkers, but I wouldn't do that with clients. Try and read the room. If you do cut a piece in half, don't say a word about it or draw attention to yourself, and anyone who makes a comment is in the wrong, not you.

If I'm wrong, please feel free to tell me what piece of pizza is more than 500 calories so I can not eat that kind LOL.
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Beware the kind of pizza you eat. Extra cheese, meats, etc can easily pack on calories. Opt for chicken instead of pepperoni, go for thin crust instead of pan, etc. There are little things that you can do to help minimize the damage. Obviously doing a meat lovers with cheese stuffed crust is going to be worse than a chicken, spinach, and feta thin crust.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Eat however much you want. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    personally pizza doesn't keep me full (unless i overindulge), plus it doesn't fit my macros right now to make it worth it. i never eat pizza at work... i just say i don't eat pizza and eat my own lunch that i bring. nobody gives me *kitten* for it and i don't feel bad. end of story.
  • absentmindedhousewife
    absentmindedhousewife Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bring your own salad. Say "Doctor's orders! Say, how's that work project going?"

Eat the salad, give the reason, CHANGE THE SUBJECT.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.....fetaaaaaa......love that stuff.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Dear lord noooo, not pizza, nooooo!!! Haha sorry, I'm totally kidding. Stuff like this is gunna pop up lots, that's just life. If I have days like this where I'll be eating something higher in calories then I'll eat a smaller breakfast and supper/lunch to make up for it.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    A slice, or two, of pizza won't derail your otherwise good eating habits. Unless you have a reason for drawing attention to yourself, go with the flow and enjoy.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Eat a piece of pizza, have a salad before or after. Drink water. Problem solved.