13»

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    If unlimited means you're still within your calorie goal.

Newsflash: Fruit and vegetables have calories.

Oh, and you can put anything in a smoothie.

FALSE!!!!

Apparently, according to my MSN front page, SOME Fruits and veggies have NEGATIVE cals. So according to the article you can eat tonnes of it and it will actually take calories away from the burger lol ;) hahaha made me lol

there are no fruits or veggies that have negative calories. all food except water has calories. look it up and do some research and you will see.

I thought he was joking :open_mouth:

He was :).

I cant believe that even ONE person in this thread or on this forum thought I was serious LOL..... apparently there is always one ;)

Also some think that eating 30 bananas a day if just fine and perfectly doable.... so go figure.

Yeah, that was me. Unfortunately I've been hanging out on sugar threads and the debate forum, so my snark meter is broken into a million pieces.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

FALSE!!!!

Apparently, according to my MSN front page, SOME Fruits and veggies have NEGATIVE cals. So according to the article you can eat tonnes of it and it will actually take calories away from the burger lol ;) hahaha made me lol

there are no fruits or veggies that have negative calories. all food except water has calories. look it up and do some research and you will see.

He was :).

I cant believe that even ONE person in this thread or on this forum thought I was serious LOL..... apparently there is always one ;)

Also some think that eating 30 bananas a day if just fine and perfectly doable.... so go figure.

you can never tell. I have seen so many people on these threads post things that they actually believe. a lot of them believe the woo out there and no matter what you say they will argue that you are wrong and they are right because the internet said so

Exactly.
  • kim19775
    kim19775 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In weight watchers you can have endless fruits and vegetables (not the starchy ones) and you don't have to count them. I follow that rule of thumb when counting calories....I set my daily calories lower and consider the fruits and veggies as "free" it seems to work....as for smoothie absolutely not, those I count due to all the added ingredients. Lets face it I didn't become overweight by gorging out on fruits and veggies ;) therefore until I find them as a "problem" I will continue. Everyone person is different and their bodies react to certain food differently. I say listen to your body and keep a close journal on days you don't count and days you do count as to how hungry you are and how you feel. Worth a shot!!!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

FALSE!!!!

He was joking. The lols and hahas and ;) weren't enough of a clue.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    jonnie256 wrote: »
    Fruit is high calorie?! A cup of watermelon is 47 calories. A cup of blackberries is 85 calories and etc...

Uh, yeah - the Fuji apples I got from H-Mart were 400 to 450 grams a piece - that's more than 200 calories per fruit. The bananas were about 150 grams per piece without the skin - that's just under 150 calories per fruit. Depending on how much fruit eaten it can add up.

Can you lose weight on smoothies? Yeah. Unlimited because "they're low calories"? Nah.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    OP are you planning on counting the calories from fruit and veg, and logging it? Some people think fruit and veggies are "free foods", when they most certainly are not.

People on Weight Watchers who truly believe that eating unlimited fruits and vegetables has no bearing on their weight

Yeah they do, and yes it does.

I believe Weight watchers keep their calorie allotment on the too lower side to account for the calories in the "free fruit and veg"

Yes. My previous job had weight watchers come in, I was thinking to drop 5lb or so, and used the calculator. I am 5'9" and worked out 1 hour each day, was trying to get from 140 down to 130 or 135 post baby 4.

(for reference Iam maintaining 135 or so on 2,000 to 2,400 now, ten years later)

Weight watchers calculation said eat 1,300 calories a day total plus 100/week plus any apples, cucumbers, there was a list of "free" foods, things that were low calorie and high fiber. It seemed to be weight x10, basically. I couldn't do it because it really wasn't enough food, but it worked really well for heavier people in the office. Partly because it was a community effort, there was support. Very low calories though.
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    skip the smoothie and eat apples