50lbs down

Options
jusbar71
jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
j0vrvvy9khmt.jpeg
ua9be5x5ql0y.png
daw3mbody469.jpeg
I looked in the mirror over Christmas and felt disgusted with myself, I was incredibly unhappy with what I saw. I came across this site and on 28th Dec 2015 I decided it was time to lose the weight I was carrying around. So from 28th Dec 2015 up until now I have lost 50lbs, I am incredibly proud of myself. I have a lot of health issues so do very little in the way of exercise, so my loss has been diet alone. I am now under 200lbs which is fabulous. I am 5'9 and would like to be around 165/170lbs. So still a way to go but I think a 50lbs loss since 28th Dec is a huge result.
I haven't got any full body pictures but thought I would show the difference in my face.
Good look to everyone on your journey, this website has been a lifeline for me, I am sure it has for many of you out there also.

Replies

• CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment! Great job!
  • jusbar71
    Options
    I hope you can all tell the middle photo with the Christmas hat on was when I was at my biggest x
  • jusbar71
    Options
    "Luck not look" silly me
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    good job. keep it up
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done!
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great job!
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You're doing fantastic and yes, the pictures show an obvious difference. Great discipline!
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You've done so well hun you should be proud glad I'm your friend and following your journey :) x
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well done! It really shows. Fantastic loss. ☺️
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • jusbar71
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate your warm comments and lovely messages. @ Gemma I am super happy to have you as my friend. You are an inspiration to me.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You are really wonderful to meet such a goal- much success on your future weight loss concerns
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! It is an amazing accomplishment to lose that much weight AND make it to onederland in the process! Congrats!
  • AmandaLawter
    AmandaLawter Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! :)
  • mzangie77
    mzangie77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wow can you give me some tips on how you was able to do it. But awesome sauce!!
  • jusbar71
    Options
    Thank you once again.
    @agaspard2012, I have eaten mainly fresh healthy foods and little processed food. I used to enjoy a glass or two of wine and I used to bake a lot. I have stopped drinking and cut out the baking. I also make sure I drink at least 2litres of water a day, I try not to eat at night time. I stick to my calories that mfp have set me. That's the way I have done it, just common sense really.
    I hope everyone succeeds in their journey.
    Hugs for you all
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed and inspired. Your pictures really show a difference. I am so pleased for you. Thanks so much for sharing your journey so far. Drinking water seems to really help and eating fresh foods. Keep up the great effort
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Nice job. Thank you for sharing your success!
  • kellyw0624
    kellyw0624 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing - you look wonderful! Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!