30 Day Sugar Free Diet

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    ASKyle wrote: »
    30 days won't make a difference if you go immediately back to your original habits. Original eating habits=original weight.

THIS.
  • LindfieldWest
    LindfieldWest Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2016
    !
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    I'm working on getting as close to whole and plant based as possible, following the 5 ingredients of less rule on any processed foods as well as no added sugar. I think its a good idea for everyone to rid things from their diet if only to feel how much these things affect you.

Keep it up!
  • LindfieldWest
    LindfieldWest Posts: 3 Member
    I think that's great. I've given up most sweet things - chocolate, biscuits, cake, icecream, low fat yoghurt for the past four weeks. I did it because I needed to break the habit and I think I've done that now. Seem to be losing some fat as well! I certainly won't go back to those habits, I can now walk easily down supermarket aisles without looking at everything and wanting it.
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    Serah87 wrote: »

I eat everything in moderation making sure I hit my macros and micros!! I have more energy and sleep better. Have excellent blood work and my doctor says I'm in the best health ever!! Lost 121 pounds and now been maintaining for all most 2 years.

Congratulations. That's an awesome accomplishment!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Are you planning to eat at a calorie deficit with this "no sugar" diet?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    ameliadlt wrote: »
    I'm working on getting as close to whole and plant based as possible, following the 5 ingredients of less rule on any processed foods as well as no added sugar. I think its a good idea for everyone to rid things from their diet if only to feel how much these things affect you.

Keep it up!

No thanks.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have a terrible time avoiding sweets...any of them...and it shows. So when i started MFP in April I decided to cut out as much sugar as possible for the first month. The first 2 weeks were terrible and hard to deal with the cravings but I did. Now it is much much easier to say NO to a cookie or donut or candy bar etc and as time goes on, it is getting easier all the time. I'm trying to stay with berries and melons for fruit, but I love bananas so I do eat those a couple of times a week. Cutting the sugar has helped me eat more healthful meals/foods
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Nope. I'll pass.

Since I have no medical reason to avoid sugar, there's no reason for me to do something which, for me, is not sustainable long term.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Nope. I'll pass.

Since I have no medical reason to avoid sugar, there's no reason for me to do something which, for me, is not sustainable long term.

I think maybe a lot of people decide to reduce sugar or whatever their poison happens to be now to prevent any future health problems, rather than wait for any issues to show up. Prevention is better than cure type of thing.

I dunno, just my theory.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Nope. I'll pass.

I think maybe a lot of people decide to reduce sugar or whatever their poison happens to be now to prevent any future health problems, rather than wait for any issues to show up. Prevention is better than cure type of thing.

I dunno, just my theory.

None of us come out of this alive.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Seriously though, what are you going to eat during this 30 days that you will be eating no sugar. Besides the obvious, candy, cake, pie, donuts, bread, pop, juice, processed foods, fruits, vegetables, dairy.
    Just wondering.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    I'm doing no added sugar. Been sugar free since 4th April (minus maybe 4 meals where I ate out)
    This is the part that cracks me up when I read these type of threads - I do no added sugar except... That means you aren't doing no added sugar - because it's not sustainable or necessary

Wow that was a super helpful comment. Thank you so much.
    When I go out to eat, how am I know if the wraps that I eat have added sugar? How do I KNOW if the salad dressing has added sugar? I live in a country where the nutritional information is rarely available and if you ask the server quite often they don't know, and will ask the chef but hey, they are never quite 100% sure. Do I make bad choices when I go
    Out to eat? No. Have I had dessert in the last 2 months? No, have I eaten anything that I know for sure has added sugar? No, so before you comment on MY weight loss plan, and tell me that it "cracks you up" make sure you ask about the facts. I say "minus the 4 meals" because I am sure something in my meal most likely had added sugar whether that was a bit of mustard, or mayonnaise or some bread, but no I did not "cheat" and have a dessert.

I am not at my goal yet, but am over 30lbs down and hey, it's working for me, so instead of cracking up, why don't you try supporting people on the thread who are trying to better their health and lifestyles! Jeez.