Ice cream addiction

Options
I have been trying so hard to lose this weight...but I am addicted to my evening ice cream. I am not sure if I can give it up. I always make sure that I have enough calories left for it, but know it is not a good choice. What to do??

Replies

• vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm the same way and can't seem to give it up. What I did was start getting those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. They really take care of that craving for me, and only 140 calories.
  • k_frank
    k_frank Posts: 20
    Options
    Yeah, the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and ice cream bars are really good!!!! They have so many different flavors too.. I really like them and eat them every night instead of the ice cream I used to eat.
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else... Skinny Cows.... Yummy!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    how about some low fat frozen yogurt? I had some at my friends house, it was low fat chocolate frozen yogurt. it was delicious!
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    cut the cals elsewhere
  • getitoffhord
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with having your nightly snack as long as you make sure you have cals. for it. try substituting with skinny cow or weight watchers ice cream...they are great.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    ps it's not the fat that gets you, it's the complex carbs and sugar
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow is a daily staple for me haha!!! I love the perfect cup carmel cone flavor!!!
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I have to have my nightly ice cream!! Love skinny cow ice cream sandwiches/cones!!!

3108166.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have tried the skinny cow sandwiches which are 140 calories and are delicious. The mint is devine! I have also had Blue Bunny Fudge Bars and they are about 90 calories. I was a big ice cream eater as well and these seem to satisfy that craving. I have also tried the low sugar options but I can't stomach those. Blue Bunny has ice cream sandwiches which are about the same calories as skinny cows for alot less money.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I L O V E Ice cream!!!

Skinny Cow brand stuff is REALLY good. I've tried a couple different things. Their fudge bars are 100 calories, 1 g of fat and I like them better than any REGULAR ice cream product. It's so creamy you don't even feel like you are eating a lower fat product.

For 100 calories and 1 g fat, I enjoy one from time to time. It's about eating in a way you an LIVE with. I can live with those. Saves me a lot of calories when I crave and they taste GREAT. I never feel guilty enjoying one.
  • DawnA7230
    DawnA7230 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this recipe yet, I just found it yesterday, but it sounds good.

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Two words: Skinny Cow. I :heart: their ice cream - it tastes great, there's an awesome selection to choose from, and all low cal! Hope you enjoy :bigsmile:
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Edy's Slow churned 1/2 yogurt....haven't met a flavor that I didn't like = )~
    100 calories and around 3 grams of fat (that's what they say on the ones in my freezer anyway)
    Plus I love the Skinny Cow sandwiches and bars, they have a White chocolate mint truffle that is to die for!
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Okay folks - you NEED to try this amazing recipe:

Take 1-2 bananas, peel them, slice into about 4-5 big chunks, put into a ziploc bag & freeze overnight. Then put the bananas into a blender with a little vanilla (or any flavoring), add about 1/2 cup milk (can do almond milk or soy milk, too) to begin with. If you like thicker ice cream, add less milk, thinner, add more.

It comes out creamy, the consistency of soft serve ice cream. There's no added sugar, 1/2 the calories. You can also add in other fruits w/ the bananas (my favorite is 4-5 strawberries).

My 5 year old asked to have that served at his birthday party. Not a single kid knew it wasn't ice cream. :)
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this recipe yet, I just found it yesterday, but it sounds good.

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414

Awww Man?!?!?!?
    I'm allergic to that one ingredient
    :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm copying and pasting from a previous blog....I was planning on making it today...hopefully tomorrow.

Fill a large zip lock bag with ice and add a 1/2 cup of table salt. The salt is to make the ice super cold and speed freezing. It does not touch the ice cream.
    In a measuring cup, pour 1 cup of almond milk (I like PureAlmond Unsweetened only 35 calories for 1 cup)
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp of a natural or artificial sweetner (Splenda, Truvia, honey, etc..).
    Mix well and pour liquid into a smaller zip lock bag and seal it tight.
    Place the small bag inside the larger bag, seal and then shake vigorously for 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture hardens.
    Tip: use oven mits to keep your hangs from getting too cold as you shake the bag.
    Also, consider adding cinnamon, cocoa or instant coffee to the mixture for variety. Enjoy!
    * Add a scoop of vanilla protein and you its an awesome meal replacement!

It definitely curbs any ice cream cravings.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    bump for the banana recipe:smile:
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I blend up a Vi-Shape nutritional shake with cocoa powder and extra ice, it tastes just like a wendys frosty!!!
    it only has 180 calories!!! Thats my go to sweet tooth fix!!