Total LBS lost this week:
    Total LBS lost this month:

Weekly Goals:
    - Workout everyday
    - Walk four times a week
    - Balance my meals
    - Learn more self discipline

Struggles:
    - BALANCING. If I give the slightest shock to my system, in terms of food, I see weight gain within 1 day!
    - Self control
    - Medical problems which means no matter what I do, I'm probably not going to reach my goals.

Successes:
    - Lost 2 kgs ^.^
    - Increased speed of walking
    - Learned a bit to monitor the quantities of food intake

Good luck everyone with your goals!
  • Ashley_Harrison86
    Ashley_Harrison86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Ashley

Starting Weight May 29th: 147.2 pounds
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 142 pounds

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals:
    - Workout everyday
    - Increase Daily Activity
    - Record Food Data

Struggles:
    - I lost 15 pounds before my wedding two years ago and have gained back 20 and am having trouble getting it to budge
    - I love wine and champagne
    - I work a desk job

Successes:
    - I've been getting back into exercising and now I can workout regularly without soreness getting in the way
    - I've been tracking my food intake for about a week now

I can't wait to see how well everyone does! :)
  • miamoore620
    miamoore620 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Name: Malika

Starting Weight May 29th: 216
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 201

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals: exercise 3 times

Struggles: sweets

Successes:
  • ashleyyrachell
    ashleyyrachell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Ashley

Starting Weight May 29th: 153
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 140

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals: 2 lbs gone each week!

Struggles: sweets

Successes:
  • andywright625
    andywright625 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    10 facts about me :

1 I live in the UK
    2 I love reading
    3 I lived in Germany for 3 years
    4 I love to swim but haven't found the time lately with 5 kids and a full time job (note to self need to make time)
    5 I have a dog
    6 I am a bit of a technophobe only starting using the computer a few months ago!!
    7 due to circumstances no fault of my own I have a few missing teeth at the age of 30 but I am getting partial dentures aJune 23rd I can't wait to be able to smile again Will help with my confidence
    8 i love to cook looking forward to finding new family friendly healthy meals to cook
    9 I get tired all the time so hoping my new healthy lifestyle will help with this
    10 I gave up smoking January the 1st
  • rollinskae
    rollinskae Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Woo! Thanks Mari for the questions :)

10 Facts About Me:

1. I live in Washington state.

2. I am not a devout Buddhist but I try to incorporate mindfulness, meditation and Buddhist principles into everyday life as much as possible.

3. I taught Taekwondo for almost 10 years (hoping to get back into it once more of this weight comes off!)

4. If I could eat any food for the rest of my life it's a tie between pho, pad thai and teriyaki <3

5. I work graveyard shifts as a caregiver for adults with mental illnesses.

6. My real passion is teaching - I'm a graduate student working to earn my MA in Math Education.

7. I watch a lot of TV - I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and I watch my fair share of anime.

8. I don't really enjoy cooking, so I meal prep and eat a lot of the same foods.

9. I am an introvert and a homebody - it's hard for me to make friends because I enjoy time alone so much.

10. I started my weight loss journey on New Year's Day and so far have lost about 60 pounds. This is the first time a healthy lifestyle has actually stuck with me. I have a long way to go before I reach my goal weight but I'm confident that I'll stay on the right track this time.
  • leanstrongsexy
    leanstrongsexy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    10 facts about me:

1. I hate mice and rats
    2. I love reading erotic and contemporary romance
    3. I dont play any istruments
    4. I love to crochet
    5. I have a 83 yr old Aunt/Godmother who I look in on every other week. She has no children.
    6. My kryptonite is cake and ice cream
    7. I hate romance movies
    8. I like reality tv Dancing with the Stars and the Voice and So you think you can dance Adult version
    9. I love action movie
    10. I love a good tv that is cop or fire related. NCIS, NCIS L.A. NCIS New Orleans, Criminal Minds, Criminal Minds Beyond Boarders, Chicago Med, Fire, & P.D.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Name:cassandra

Starting Weight May 29th:265.8
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 250

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals: keep account of the food I ate.
    Drink less sugary drinks
    Eat more veggie and less carbos

Struggles: the ones above

Successes: finally starting again after pregnancy and putting back all the 80 pounds successfully lost on mfp two years ago.
  • brenda13green
    brenda13green Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Joining in....

Name: brenda

Starting Weight May 29th: 267
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 257

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals: Workout 5 times a week.

Struggles: Not being motivated to go work out.

Successes: I've lost 13lbs so far by eating better.
  • Lexis_Cole68
    Lexis_Cole68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join

Name: Alexis

Starting Weight May 29th : 172
    Goal Weight July 3rd : 162

Weigh in week:
    June 5th:
    June 12th :
    June 19th :
    June 26th :
    July 3rd :

Total LBS lost this week :

Weekly goals: monitor and record my food intake, work out 5 times a week, drink more water.

Struggles: I overeat on the wrong foods, I tend to say "I'll start tomorrow" alot, and I'm not very motivated to start working on me physically.

Successes: I have increased my daily activities.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    First off welcome everyone. We are still getting participants and that's fantastic. Much more than last month! I hope each of you continue this journey with us until the end of the month. And....maybe continue on to next month. So far we have 80 people here to keep us accountable!! We've got this!!

Thanks to all who participated in yesterdays challenge question/fact. I really enjoyed reading all about you guys. some funny stuff, and interesting stuff as well.

Here is the one for today...

Tell us your fitness story.
  • katiemiller1994
    katiemiller1994 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Name: Katie

Starting Weight May 29th: 195.0
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 188.0

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals:
    Workout at least 4 times/week
    Eat less processed food

Struggles:
    Lack of sleep (due to night shift) gives me no energy to workout and I end up eating more because I'm awake more

Successes:
  • mandi5596
    mandi5596 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Mandi

Starting Weight May 29th: 250
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 240

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals: Go to the gym at least 5 times a week.

Struggles: Coffee

Successes:
  • rollinskae
    rollinskae Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My story:

I've always been the "big" kid - my entire family are big eaters - but I had an especially bad relationship with food. I started hiding away food when I was as young as 7 or 8, most likely due to some abuse from a guy my mom married. My parents were separated and hated each other too, so that made things difficult. But with unresolved issues, I was full-on binge eating in high school. My dad and stepmom did their best to help. They would go on diets and encourage me to join, but I would always break and turn to food when I was stressed. I kept gaining and gaining; when I moved out on my own I was at about 270 pounds, and that just exacerbated things - I could eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and no one would be around to criticize me! I was severely depressed. I had tried countless times to start dieting and exercising, but kept binging.

Fast-forward to June 2014, when I met my boyfriend. He loved me (and still does) for who I am, and said nothing about my weight. Even though I was happier and binging less, I was eating very poorly. Plus I was still in college and as stressed as ever. In September 2014 I joined Myfitnesspal, weighing 294 pounds. Still gaining.

Fast-forward to December 2015 - I just finished my Bachelor's Degree and could finally breathe. Then I weighed myself, or tried to; at 350 pounds my scale couldn't weigh me, so I had to go to the doctor to see the number (and receive some not-so-great news about my health at the young age of 22). It really scared me straight - I HAD to start losing weight.

So I started my weight loss journey as a resolutioner on New Year's Day, but with a supportive partner to keep me accountable and lots and lots of planning and research for my diet, I finally found something that works for me. I now weigh less than I did when I joined Myfitnesspal. My ultimate goal weight is 140 pounds, and I know it will take a long time to get there, but I am definitely in this for the long haul.
  • beurredepeanut
    beurredepeanut Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine :)

I didn't start having a weight problem until the third year of high school. Then in college I started to become more active and got down to 130lbs. After I moved to Canmore, a city literally in the mountains, I lost another 20 pounds just walking everywhere and hiking. That felt so amazing to go to any store and have everything fit! I even wore a bikini for the first time ever! Unfortunately lots of drama happened with an ex-boyfriend so I moved back to Québec, stopped being active, got 2 kids and a desk job. It also doesn't help that I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I binge then feel guilty and cry and eat more to make myself feel better, rince and repeat. I'm trying to break that cycle, but it is not easy. Just taking it one day at a time :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,120 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ladies, thanks for sharing your stories, and Mariecela - great pictures!! I'm probably not going to keep this short because of #6 in my list from yesterday ;)

My Fitness Story:

I'm the complete opposite from most of you awesome women, I'm that one who grew up skinny...so skinny, when I look at old pictures and if I didn't know how much I regularly ate, I would have thought I was anorexic. But I played a lot as a kid, and I was a complete tomboy because I hung out with the guys (all the girls in my neighborhood smoked by 4th grade, and I thought it was stupid) and played basketball, kickball, raced bikes, climbed trees, etc. I was never an athlete per se, but I guess I just played hard and can remember eating entire bags of Doritos as a teenager (yes you can think ill of me now) and never gained a pound. When I went into the Army in my 20's, they lied on my form as I was checking in because I only weighed 98 pounds, and the guy put 100 pounds on my form because that was the minimum for my height. By the time I left ROTC/summer camp, I weighed 109 pounds (the only person in my platoon that gained weight; most of the guys lost like 25 pounds) because I had never exercised or ate so much in my entire life.

Since then I've never weighed below 110 lbs. At my first duty station there was lots of beer and ice cream, and I left there at about 120 lbs. I was sort of able to keep things in check due to the mandatory exercise in the military, but after I got out of the Army (26 years ago), I just had sedentary jobs, and rarely exercised. By my 40's I thought I was at my heaviest (135) and managed to lose 20 pounds doing the Six Week Body Makeover (for 13 weeks). However, that program was just too rigid for me to maintain long term. But it did teach me a lot about nutrition, and better eating habits. I eventually (over 7-8 years) put the weight back on, and then some.

Now, I'm in my 50's. When I quit my job last year to start my own business, I weighed over 150, which for me was now the heaviest I've ever been. I was able to get down to 139 using the 6WBMO alternate system - Food Lover's Network; however, still had a challenge maintaining it, and was probably way over estimating the portion sizes. I started racing Stand Up Paddleboards last year, and thought that would be enough to help me lose the weight. But over the winter, I put most of it back on 1) because I was lazy and barely exercised (too cold or windy to paddle), 2) I got depressed / stressed because none of my contracts for my business had worked out yet, 3) I ate like crap or frankly didn't eat at all (I tend to be an under-eater these days), and 4) dealing with peri-menopause hormonal fluctuations (OMG they are crazy). So the weight came back.

I got on a site called Fitocracy to track my workouts in Jan because I was convinced if I just worked out enough, I could lose the weight. They kept talking about tracking your macros and how it's all about the macros. I sort of rolled my eyes, but last month decided to give macro tracking a go, since nothing else was really working. That's when I found MFP, and started educating myself on proper calorie intake, macro ratios, etc. I've been tracking since mid-May and have lost about 4 pounds so far. I really wish I had learned about this stuff when I was much younger.

I want to lose to be faster on my paddleboard for racing (my two primary competitors are both all of a 105 pounds, and they are strong and super fast). I also want to fit back into my skinny jeans - I miss wearing my skinny jeans. I just want to feel better/healthier. I also want to stop thinking of it as exercise, and start to think of it as play time again. I had so much fun playing as a kid, that it never felt like exercise (which just seems like such a chore to me). I want that again too!!

Wishing everyone strength, tenacity, and dedication to see this through to your goals. You are worth it, and you can do it!!