Learning to Love Veggies

Options
Hello everyone, I am OBESE. Since the young age of 9 I have been struggling with my weight. I've lost weight in the past simply by eating less and exercising more. For some reason, each winter I have trouble keeping active and my appetite increases. So this winter, like most winters, I have packed over 40 extra pounds onto my small frame, making me feel bad about myself and self-conscious at all social events. I try not to over-think food, but I feel comfy when I'm full of tasty victuals.

I could eat any time of the day or night, and my favorite foods are high in calories, like pastas, potatoes, and cream sauces and soups. My job is a sedentary desk job. Exercise is usually something at the end of the day I regret not doing. I know that if I continue on this path, I will continue to gain weight, thus I will have to work even harder to lose it in the future.

A bran new member of MyFitnessPal, I like the looks of this website, and I'm already using it to track my food intake. Veggies have not been my favorite foods but now I am thinking about them more often and researching how good they are for me and how to incorporate them in tasty recipes. I believe support groups can help a person create healthy habits, so here I am. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

The New Fatty :flowerforyou:

Replies

• VardaElentari
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am OBESE. Since the young age of 9 I have been struggling with my weight. I've lost weight in the past simply by eating less and exercising more. For some reason, each winter I have trouble keeping active and my appetite increases. So this winter, like most winters, I have packed over 40 extra pounds onto my small frame, making me feel bad about myself and self-conscious at all social events. I try not to over-think food, but I feel comfy when I'm full of tasty victuals.

I could eat any time of the day or night, and my favorite foods are high in calories, like pastas, potatoes, and cream sauces and soups. My job is a sedentary desk job. Exercise is usually something at the end of the day I regret not doing. I know that if I continue on this path, I will continue to gain weight, thus I will have to work even harder to lose it in the future.

A bran new member of MyFitnessPal, I like the looks of this website, and I'm already using it to track my food intake. Veggies have not been my favorite foods but now I am thinking about them more often and researching how good they are for me and how to incorporate them in tasty recipes. I believe support groups can help a person create healthy habits, so here I am. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

The New Fatty :flowerforyou:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    "The new fatty" Haha...that's funny/cute. I'm pretty new too. I just joined on Thursday. So far I love it! It's soooo helpful to have such an easy and convenient way to track calories and physical activity. Anyways...WELCOME!!! =)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome, I am pretty new here only been on here since December 31, 2008. Good luck with you weight loss.