How do i online date?

Options
Gioeyebrow
Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
So i just got on online dating and im just heart broken i felt like i lost alot of weight and was looking good but now not so much and the only people who talk to me just want a quikie wich is sad

Replies

• James991223
    James991223 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just put yourself out there, many people are signed onto those sites so just send out the messages and be confident about yourself and try be engaging. Also perhaps find some activities in your local area, you may come across someone that way.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Oh illntry that
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    The truth is a lot of people on the online dating are only looking for one thing. You could try downloading an app called "meet up" you simply enter activities etc your interested in and can meet up with people with similar/same interests. Maybe you'll meet someone decent there.

But if you keep trying with the online dating I think it probably takes a lot of patience, and dates to find out if you really like the person, good luck :smile:
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Online dating sucks. I went out with 61 guys in about three months. I could write a book on the creeps I met on that adventure. Many guys only want one thing, or they were so damaged by multiple divorces, baby mama drama or just flat out crazy.

You have to do it with the attitude that you have no expectations, and if you do meet a great person, than that is a bonus. Just get out there, be yourself and have fun.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I exclusively dated online, when I was dating. You're going to have to kiss a lot of toads. I do agree that a lot of guys online are looking for one thing, but a lot of guys offline are also looking for one thing. Being online just gives guys the overwhelming confidence and anonymity to be more upfront about it because you can't reach through the online media and slap them. If you get it in your mind that most guys want sex (on or offline) you're starting off right. That doesn't mean that women don't want the same thing but you hold the keys to the kingdom and most women make men act like Prince Charming to unlock that door. What are you looking for online? What online dating service are you using (they aren't all made the same)? To guys online, we always think we're 10's although many barely make it past 3 and most end up chasing the most desirable women online. Also, truth be told, studies have shown that White women and White men have the most success with online dating. Are you broadening your dating horizons or are you only looking for a particular type? If you're in America and you only date White men, you're already competing with every other woman in the country, regardless of ethnicity. If you just want contacts, women that look good and act like their offering up themselves as a free meal with get overwhelming amounts of hits but most of those will be trash. A lot of times too, women online are afraid to be the pursuers because they either don't want to look desperate, are afraid of rejection or still have an old school mindset that women don't pursue men. I can tell you that men like being pursued as much as women do and men generally don't mind receiving things like winks from women, if that site allows something like that. It doesn't hurt either, if you're looking for a really good prospective mate and you're using a really respectable dating website, to get your hair done, make up done and get some professional shots made. A good photo is what's going to catch a guys eye, we're visual creatures. Hope that helps.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    So i just got on online dating and im just heart broken i felt like i lost alot of weight and was looking good but now not so much and the only people who talk to me just want a quikie wich is sad

Message her, ask her what her fitness plan is, ask her for her kik, send her noodz.

Smooh operator, smooooth, operatorrr
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    everyone wants a quickie on online dating it has nothing to do with you specifically

people wanna bangbang bang
  • robs_ready
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    robs_ready wrote: »

Message her, ask her what her fitness plan is, ask her for her kik, send her noodz.

Ha. I was asked what my fitness plan was yesterday...i had no idea it was some sort of line.

It's our best ploy, we men are crafty beings!
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    @wilsoncl6:

I have heard that before about racial advantages, but I personally didn't have a problem dating outside my race. Women in the north east are pretty liberal with that stuff perhaps.

Totally different story in the South. You'd get no play (or very little) here in Texas.
  • robs_ready
    Options

Ha. I was asked what my fitness plan was yesterday...i had no idea it was some sort of line.

It's almost genius.

Though i kinda feel bad that i must have bored the *kitten* out of that person by actually talking about my fitness plan. :/

Well if he's interested in you he would be interested in what you have to say!

If you didn't get a solid reply, he's not worth it!
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    OP, the hell with it. Contact every single profile you come across, the fisherman that catches the widest net, catches the most fish. It's the same way if your at a bar or club, you might get 4 out of 5 no's, but it only takes one yes.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options

It's almost genius.

Though i kinda feel bad that i must have bored the *kitten* out of that person by actually talking about my fitness plan. :/

Ohhh, somebody is slow on the uptake. That's like a guy saying he likes the way you look without actually saying the words, and I thought women were masters at subliminal messaging. ;)
  • robs_ready
    Options

It's almost genius.

I don't think a three word reply qualifies as solid. :smiley:

He needs to up his game, that's a child right there. You deserve better!
  • robs_ready
    Options

It's almost genius.

I don't think a three word reply qualifies as solid. :smiley:

He needs to up his game, that's a child right there. You deserve better!

I don't play games. Boy needs to step away.
    And I know ;)

Damn right girl I like your thinking!
  • wilsoncl6
    edited June 2016
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    @wilsoncl6:

I have heard that before about racial advantages, but I personally didn't have a problem dating outside my race. Women in the north east are pretty liberal with that stuff perhaps.

Totally different story in the South. You'd get no play (or very little) here in Texas.
    My ex is from Austin, TX. Isn't Austin like the progressive girl capital of TX? But I have heard about girls down South. Even the hispanic women don't date outside I hear. Crazy. But whatever, they can choose what they want to do I guess.

Austin is a different world entirely. Even though it's the capital of the state, it really should be considered the Midwest San Francisco. However, the dating outside rule only applies to anyone non-White.
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

I met my wife on a online dating site called Plenty of Fish and been together 6 years. Keep trying!
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I live in Austin and most of my white girlfriends only date black men. Hispanic not so much.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    rachellech wrote: »
    I live in Austin and most of my white girlfriends only date black men. Hispanic not so much.

Yup, Austin is it's own little world inside of Texas.